Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Mgm Studios Question!?

Hey outta curiosity does anyone know if they actully use the disney mgm studios to film any television shows or movies? I remember they filmed alot of Nickelodeon shows at Universal Orlando. I was just wondering?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Mgm Studios Question!?

They used to. But the cut out the tv shows totally, and I really don't think they do any movie filming there anymore. They closed the WDFA (animation) in early 2004 too.

So I think now it is no.

But Universal Orlando is shuttering most of its filming too...Nickelodeon is gone.

Yeah I can't even remember the last show filmed at MGM. They tore down the street with the houses facades that used to be on the tram tour to make room for Light, Motors, Action. I still don't know why the Golden Girls and Empty Nest houses were even there when the shows were filmed in CA.

Blog Entries

When I went back this year after a long hiatus I was upset to find out the golden girl house and empty nest house were gone. Now that I think about it, it's probably good they're gone. No one cares about either of those shows anymore.

• The one, the only...

Orlando was never a TV production hot spot. Think about it, if you were to work in TV production, are you going to live in Orlando or LA or New York? There is not enough going on to justify the crews to produce anything there. I still LOVE Disney-MGM Studios. I never thought seeing that "behind the scenes movie magic" was all that magical. I would rather EXPERIENCE the movie. Not watch it be shot!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    Now that I think about it, it's probably good they're gone. No one cares about either of those shows anymore.
    No one cares about the Golden Girls don't tell that to Lifetime. I still love watching the reruns. But I agree the house facades were long overdue to be replaced.

• Banned User

Universal has their soundstages open to outside companies to film infomercials and whatever. Every so often a small movie is filmed there. TV shows can still tape there as seen recently...

MGM is done as far as I know. Universal is still allowing people to rent facilities since it makes them money...

• Minion

Didn't they film parts of War of the Worlds at Disney MGM Studios? I thought I remembered seeing something about that on Miceage, Mouseplanet or one of the other Disney sites.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    Didn't they film parts of War of the Worlds at Disney MGM Studios? I thought I remembered seeing something about that on Miceage, Mouseplanet or one of the other Disney sites.
    That was at Universal Hollywood.

I still don't know why the Golden Girls and Empty Nest houses were even there when the shows were filmed in CA.
    Maybe because both shows were set in Florida? Sure it was Miami but still...

The last thing I recall being shot at MGM was Tom Hank's From the Earth to The Moon, and that is going back a bit.
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

• Banned User

they tasped ESPN promos like 3 ESPN Weekends ago.. lol (it workes when some football team was just down the street.. lol)

• Banned User

I know they used to do the MIckey Mouse Club and i thought they did Adventures in Wonderland there . but i wasnt sure.

Quote Originally Posted by N3RD24
    I know they used to do the MIckey Mouse Club .
    I used to love the new Mickey Mouse Club (until Britteny ruined it). I remember always hearing the annoucement about it being filmed at MGM and begging my parent to take me there. Since we had never been to the studios, we missed the opening by a few months. fond memories!

• Banned User

"The Mickey Mouse Club was filmed before a live studio audience at the disney mgm studios in lake buena vista florida" ah the good old days....i went and they werent filming at the time...devasating for a 12 year old me.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Yes, there's just shells of production long-ago outsourced left there, as the host on the tour tells you how Britney, Justin, and Christina all used to perform on the same stage at once here.

It feels a lot like taking a tour through a Ford plant the day after everyone was laid off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast