Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tour Ready

Disney Apartment in Castle?

Having Visisted Walt's tiny Apartment on Main Street in Disneyland and the almost apartment now known as The Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square, I was wondering if anyone out there has photos of the space that was to be the Disney apartment in Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World? Thanks!

• Huh?

Re: Disney Apartment in Castle?

If I remember correctly, it's pretty much just an office space or storage space now... most likely, nothing too exciting in its current condition.
    -Tim

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Don't forget phone switch station. Of course those pictures are probably as interesting as today's storage photos.

• Disney-it's a way of life

From what I heard on several accounts from senior cast members while working in Magic Kingdom, that the apartment is indeed a full apartment and is to be sealed at all times. It was built for Walt and Walt only.. Eisner was faced with great opposition when he wanted to make it his own.
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The apartment was never furnished for living. Even Walt's Firehouse apartment isn't sealed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarTink283
    From what I heard on several accounts from senior cast members while working in Magic Kingdom, that the apartment is indeed a full apartment and is to be sealed at all times. It was built for Walt and Walt only.. Eisner was faced with great opposition when he wanted to make it his own.
    They're all pulling your leg. That space is basically a dressing room now for Tinker Bell and the characters in Cinderellabration. lol It used to be used for WDW switchboard operators.

Though I have heard more recently it might have been converted to storage...

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    The apartment was never furnished for living. Even Walt's Firehouse apartment isn't sealed.
    It was up untill the late 80's - TWDC didn't actualy even own it, Walt's family did through WED.

• Banned User

how could it have been designed for walt when the park opened after his death? it wasn't started till after his death if I recall it was planned and announced but I don't remember they had broken ground and after walt died WED became part of TWDC I believe.

• Huh?

They hadn't broke land, but it was well into the planning stages by that time. I'm sure that the apartment was probably intended for Roy's use instead after the death, but because he died soon after opening, it didn't get used for its original purpose, just like the New Orleans Square apartment never got used.

I do find the placement of the apartment to be rather odd... overlooking fantasyland instead of main street. Unless there's another window that looks out over Main Street that I didn't know of. I only know of the one big window that doesn't quite look like it belongs on the back of the castle.
    -Tim

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    It was up untill the late 80's - TWDC didn't actualy even own it, Walt's family did through WED.
    As far as I am aware WED was absorbed into Walt Disney Productions in the mid-60s. So there is no way the family could own it through WED then.

So all this is cool info...but does anyone know if photo's exist? I have heard about this apartment since I was kid.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    how could it have been designed for walt when the park opened after his death? it wasn't started till after his death if I recall it was planned and announced but I don't remember they had broken ground and after walt died WED became part of TWDC I believe.
    Walt did get started on MK. There's a picture of him in the middle of the cleared swamps standing in front of a big X marking the future location of the castle.

Walt died when the castle got underway though. The apartement in it was meant for Roy, not for Walt.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    As far as I am aware WED was absorbed into Walt Disney Productions in the mid-60s. So there is no way the family could own it through WED then.
    My mistake - I ment MAPO.

• Tour Ready

NO ONE in all of MICECHAT Land has any pictures of the space in the castle that was to be the apartment??? Someone MUST have something! Please?

Quote Originally Posted by WDI33
    NO ONE in all of MICECHAT Land has any pictures of the space in the castle that was to be the apartment??? Someone MUST have something! Please?
    I agree. There has to be someone who has seen this room and maybe was able to get a pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast