Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• This $pace for $ale

Re: do they do 1 hour free to shop in parks?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Hey, if your conscience is fine with sneaking on rides w/o paying, more power to you. I wouldn't be okay with doing that, myself. I'd feel in some way responsible for the cost of a one-day ticket to the parks going up 20% in the last couple years...
    Going on a ride w/o paying...yes and no, I went into the park and bought about $200 worth of stuff in under an hour, actually in about 7 minutes. I had some time still and saw no wait for haunted. It would have been my fault if i was there longer and my cc would have been charged the full days rate. I don't consider it sneaking...sneaking would be hopping over a wall or something and going on a ride, what I did was 100% legal.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Blog Entries

Hey, if your conscience is fine with sneaking on rides w/o paying, more power to you. I wouldn't be okay with doing that, myself. I'd feel in some way responsible for the cost of a one-day ticket to the parks going up 20% in the last couple years...
    Oh come on. If he actually purchased stuff while in the park they came out ahead and he cost them actually zero money so how could he be responsible for a price hike? I'm fairly certain they know you'll try and do something aside from shopping, but if you purchase something I don't think they'll care. Plus, it's not going to happen too often. How easy would it be to get stuck in a line and get charged full days admission.

• Banned User

Give me a break. I suppose if you stay in the parks after they close for Extra Magic Hours it's horrible too. Listen, if you worked at Guest Relations, I'd fire you. That is NOT the way you treat people. Disney gives them an hour to shop. Sure, that can get them on a ride or two. But they have to buy something anyway, and it doesn't cost a dime to let them ride. This post was uncalled for, and I would go as far to see it as a personal attack on his character. Telling him he's doing something illegal to ride a ride when he bought over $200 of stuff? Give me a break.

I was waiting for someone to jump all over awinner. If I had an hour in the parks and I got my shopping done early, I'd take advantage of it too. If there was no line, they weren't exactly keeping a paying guest off the rides. And Disney made $200 or so from the shopping that they wouldn't have had if they didn't let awinner enter the park. And I suppose that by their mere presence in the merchandise shop they were delaying another paying guest who was waiting to buy some merchandise. Basically, it's Disney's call, they are probably aware some people are going to try to get on an attraction or two, which is probably why they keep track, so they don't get "repeat shoppers" several days in a row.

• I was deleted.

The shopping pass is there to help aid guests since a lot of merch. is park specific. This was used a lot more during the pre-downtown disney days at both locations and is still sold and used at both locations last I checked (even had a group of shopping guests in front of me one day at Epcot). I would call Guest Relations to get the specifics.

Does anyone have more info on the Epcot dining pass?

• Banned User

The Epcot After 4 pass is for Florida Residents and is a type of passport good everyday of the year. It is rather expensive, but a good value.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Give me a break. I suppose if you stay in the parks after they close for Extra Magic Hours it's horrible too. Listen, if you worked at Guest Relations, I'd fire you. That is NOT the way you treat people. Disney gives them an hour to shop. Sure, that can get them on a ride or two. But they have to buy something anyway, and it doesn't cost a dime to let them ride. This post was uncalled for, and I would go as far to see it as a personal attack on his character. Telling him he's doing something illegal to ride a ride when he bought over $200 of stuff? Give me a break.
    Well luckily you are 19-years old and are not my boss. I pay $60 to go into a park for its attractions and I also pay for souvenirs, so I don't think paying for souvenirs allows you to do whatever you want. Again, the condescending attitude though. You must really get a kick out of deriding people you don't know. Talk about giving someone a break--you enjoy trying to make people on a forum feel stupid, which by the way doesn't really work regardless of how many times you try. At the end of the day, I'm going to Yale Med School and you aren't. But let's not accuse people of personal attacks, Bill. You would be the master of those, and I didn't accuse the OP of anything. I said my conscience wouldn't be okay with that. Illegal? Find that wording in my post. You made it up. You don't work for Disney so stop pretending you do.

And negative rep points for stating an opinion? Really mature. And you expect people to not call you a kid. By the way, this may come as a great shock to you, but you don't run MiceChat so it's not your job to tell me what you think my post is. They have moderators here to do that, and if I want to state an opinion, I will state it and have the maturity not to give other people negative rep for their opinions. Telling someone you would fire them if you were their boss, however, will get negative rep points from me...and it has.
    Last edited by pyrateslife4me84; 05-08-2006 at 03:14 PM.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Extra magic hour has wrist bands and other ways to make sure you don't ride if you can't.

I'm not an expert at the pass, never heard of it and I think it's really stilly, but until I see the legaleese behind it, I won't make a comment about illegal stuff or anything like that.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Extra magic hour has wrist bands and other ways to make sure you don't ride if you can't.
    Ahh! Well, he didn't say anything about riding rides...he said just hanging in the park. Which you can get away with, so his question was valid.

• This $pace for $ale

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321

I'm not an expert at the pass, never heard of it and I think it's really stilly, but until I see the legaleese behind it, I won't make a comment about illegal stuff or anything like that.
    Basically you are buying a 1 day non park hopper ticket for 67.10. you pay for it up front, if returned w/in 1 hour you get your money back...so it really wasn't a "free pass", if your and hour and a minute late...oh well. so in regards to any legalities, i guess there aren't any as it does not say that I can't ride anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Ahh! Well, he didn't say anything about riding rides...he said just hanging in the park. Which you can get away with, so his question was valid.
    Well, then it simply wasn't applicable to the situation. I don't think anyone is really questioning the policy to allow guests to enter the parks just to purchase souvenirs. That seems perfectly reasonable to me, and many local amusement parks still use the old-time policy where you can enter a park for free (or a few dollars) to enjoy the sites and buy things, but you pay extra for rides.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

MOD REMINDER: Discussion reputation is against our rules and regulations.

Thank you!
    -Monorail Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12