Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Doing Laundry at Disney World

O.K., Let's get down to basics. Since I am flying almost solo, I was wondering about doing laundry at Disney World Hotels. I am visiting Disney World in July staying at CBR for most of my stay, followed by 2 days at GF. I have never done laundry at Disney World. I do not want to have to pack 9 days worth of clothes. I was hoping to perhaps get along with a carryon bag, since it is just me that I am packing for. I don't mind getting up early, or setting aside an afternoon, or a later time at night, to do laundry. I need the facts, folks. What's the specifics on doing laundry? Cost? Tips? Whatever info you can provide.

Thanks again.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Re: Doing Laundry at Disney World

When we stayed at CS in Feb, there was a laundry facility very close to our room. We never did have to use it, so I don't know costs. All I can tell you is that it was enclosed and very, very close to our room - easy walking distance. If I remember correctly, there were quite a few of those sprinkled about the resort.

Looks like CBR is set up in a similar fashion as CS. From allearsnet.com:
    http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_cbr.htm
    Laundry facilities, with coin-operated washers and dryers, are located at each village, near the pool. Detergent, bleach, and softener can be purchased from vending machines.
    Doesn't say anything about prices on their FAQ.

Here's a map of the resort:
    http://allearsnet.com/acc/cbrmap1.jpg

No info on allearsnet.com regarding laundry for GF.

• Sock Puppet

When I travel I always take some laundry hand wash soap. I don't want to waste an hour or so doing laundry so I take 15-20 minutes and hand wash a day or two's worth of clothes and let them sit on the hotel patio chairs to dry overnight or hang them in the bathroom.

Have lots of fun on your trip!

Blog Entries

I did laundry at the pop century resort on my last visit. I don't remember the exact cost but I don't think it was any worse than the times I've had to use a laundry mat. I was surprised to find it was reasonably priced.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

this have been 4 year ago.
    cost is Quarter to wash $2.00 and $2.00 to dry
    soap is $2.00 - $3.00

tips: Pack it Dry Laundry soap in small ziplok bag about what amount you use at home. also pack small ziploc bag of laundry soap with bleach for the white. pack bottel or Fabric softener sheet. use you caryon-bag or pack duffey (gym) bag or Laundry bag.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 05-03-2006 at 06:46 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Blog Entries

I have done laundry durring both of my WDW trips. It really makes packing a bit easier. At POFQ, the laundry place is next to the pool. There are a lot of machines and they work pretty good. We brought our own detergent and dryer sheets. It was a pretty simple process.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We did laundry at CBR, I don't remember the prices it was three years ago.
    But it was right next to our building's quiet pool. We went at night after an early park night. We stayed at the pool with the kids,timed it and checked it to make sure our stuff didn't get moved. I do remember having to dry more than once because their dryers were crummy.

I bought small detergent and fab sheets with me, so I didn't have to buy anythere.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I've done laundry at WDW- at Port Orleans- can't emeber price- maybe $2- when I did the land and sea cruise- packed light- last day after the parks- washed the clothes so I was ready for the cruise. much easier traveling light
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Former CM

I believe that it was $2 for washing and another $2 for drying as of last Dec., but the drying cycle didn't completely dry everything. I would also say to bring your own detergent as suggested above.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Laundry is easy, they have plenty of machines at all the resorts (except Wilderness Lodge). Some have it a closer walk than others (AKL's laundry was a haul) but you go down, choose a machine and do it. Never had issues with it. I do recomend morning to afternoon...closer to night (especially outside of deluxe resorts) is when most people try to do it.

Bring your own landry tablets or even a small cheap box of detergent. Save money.

And yes, 9 days you should be able to fit about 4-5 days worth of clothes into a carryon bag and have to just do laundry once (maybe twice if you get hot and change to fresh clothes multiple times per day (bring lots of socks...).

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I would like to thank everyone for the speedy reply to my question. I am really going to try and travel with just a carryon, and this information is very helpful.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Vehicle rotating backward

Barb, have all your laundry done when you leave CBR if you can. I believe that the GF is like our hotels here, where you have to pay to have someone do your laundry for you, and that'll cost you more.

EDIT: Nevermind. Deb's site says they have a laundromat included in every building.

I paid $2 to wash and $2 to dry. Early morning or in the afternoon (yea, who wants to do wash at WDW in the afternoon!) were good times for me. But you really will find that the dryers take more time to dry your clothes. When I was at WL, I did my wash while hanging at the pool...it is just steps away from it.

$2 to wash
    $2 to dry but might take a bit longer because they don't dry as fast as at home

If possible see if like walmart or target has like small travel size detergent or items

Pop and Carribbean Beach laundrys are by the pool area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast