Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Ride Discussion: Soarin

This is our next ride to discuss, and it is coming about after a talk I had with BPF where I realized that this is infact a cloned ride, and no matter how popular it is with WDW guests, Disneylanders consider this old news.
    So, what do you think of Soarin (keep in mind we are in the WDW forum)?

• Old Disney Dude

Re: Ride Discussion: Soarin

It is my favorite ride in WDW. Is the one at Disneyland the same as WDW?
    29 visits to Walt Disney World and Disneyland since 1973 from the Great State of Texas! Stayed at Hilton Downtown Disney (4), Yacht Club (3), Beach Club, Poly, Old Key West (6), All Stars, Dutch Inn/Grosvernor (4), LBV Palace, Dolphin (2), Tree House Villas, Disney Institute, Coronado Springs and condos offsite.

• Banned User

Yes, the rides are almost entirely the same, except for a few minor movement changes, a minor change in the preshow. And of course, the line queue is different. As well as the logo. And the seatbelts. But the movies are exactly the same.

• Disney Memory Maker

I absolutely love Soarin'. Would I like to see a new film eventually? Yes. However, for right now, the current one fits in fine with the pavilion. I love the music and I don't think I've ever seen a queue before that could hold so many people.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

I liked the ride a lot. It's my second favorite ride I've ever been on. I like the idea that they can change the ride at any time by changing the movie.

Blog Entries

Ok, this ride had been so hyped up that after I rode it I was a little let down, but that could do with the fact that I got stuck on the far right side of the ride so I didn't get the full immersion experience as if I was in the middle. I'd love a chance to ride it from the middle though.

It was a nice ride, however I do wish that it had been plussed for WDW by giving us a different film. I don't mind that the ride system itself was cloned but I think they should have at least given us Soarin' over Florida or something like that.

Maybe in the next few years we'll get a new movie. This seems to be one of the rides that is easiest to update in WDW and I think it'll be relevant for a long time.

My only real complaint at all is that the queue is absolutely boring. For a line that is often over an hour long, it's awefully boring to stand there and have very little to keep you entertained. At least put up a making of Soarin' on the tv screens through the line or something.

• Sailing Away

I really like Soarin'. My favorite part is the pine tree scent - nice touch. I absolutely love the music. The film can change without the music having to change. I was a little disappointed when I found out that it was just scenes from California, but I enjoyed the ride so much that it really didn't matter when I got off. I had that "Is it over? No, I want more!" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    My only real complaint at all is that the queue is absolutely boring. For a line that is often over an hour long, it's awefully boring to stand there and have very little to keep you entertained. At least put up a making of Soarin' on the tv screens through the line or something.
    I'll never ride Soarin' without a fastpass. I wouldn't be able to take the queue for an hour. You're right.....it is veeeery boring.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    This is our next ride to discuss, and it is coming about after a talk I had with BPF where I realized that this is infact a cloned ride, and no matter how popular it is with WDW guests, Disneylanders consider this old news.
    So, what do you think of Soarin (keep in mind we are in the WDW forum)?
    Exactly! *yawn* 5-year-old attraction that only makes me want to go to Disneyland when I ride it in Florida (on FP only of course.) There is NO way that attraction is worth at 2 hour wait time. No way, no how!

C'mon WDW... if you're so big and popular, bring us something new.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Exactly! *yawn* 5-year-old attraction that only makes me want to go to Disneyland when I ride it in Florida (on FP only of course.) There is NO way that attraction is worth at 2 hour wait time. No way, no how!

C'mon WDW... if you're so big and popular, bring us something new.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Now look here Missy!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

I like Soarin' a lot, but aside from the fact that the video is of California the other thing that bothers me is that it just cuts from one scene to the next. No transition or anything, just suddenly switches to a different scene. It kinda ruined the immersive effect.

Another thing I don't like are the scents... particularly the ocean scent, which makes me feel nauseous.

Have you faced the Yeti?

Blog Entries

I like the scents but was a little put off by how the scenes change. I'd love to one day in the next few years have a plussed movie put into effect here.

• Vehicle rotating backward

To those of us Disneylanders who don't get to go to the park a lot (i.e. non-locals, non-APs) this is still rather new.

I wouldn't mind a film change if they went over more landmarks and maybe a cityscape or something, but I definitely do *not* want Soarin' Over Florida. I mean, what the heck is there to look at? Floridians need to come to grips with the fact that their state is flat and very swampy and just unappealing to fly over.

The ride itself looks cute in motion on TV but riding it in person is, er, not for me.

• Screenwriter for NLF

I love this ride and think it is one of the best things they have come up with in years. I too would like to see the film updated but find it impressive all the same for now. I keep thinking since the ride is in EPCOT why not have scenes flying over all the actual countries that are represented in World Show case. Imagine flying over China, and the Great Wall. Or Soarin' over the falls of Canada. Then of course flying over Disney World for the great finale. Sigh. Dreeeam...
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

• Disney Memory Maker

Keep in mind that this attraction is located in The Land. Therefore, it must be themed to 'the land' (ie, the different types of lands). I don't see how landmarks (at least man-made ones) would fit into that theme.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie Pueblo
    I love this ride and think it is one of the best things they have come up with in years. I too would like to see the film updated but find it impressive all the same for now. I keep thinking since the ride is in EPCOT why not have scenes flying over all the actual countries that are represented in World Show case. Imagine flying over China, and the Great Wall. Or Soarin' over the falls of Canada. Then of course flying over Disney World for the great finale. Sigh. Dreeeam...
    I like your idea for the film and think it would really make the ride "fit" better with the overall theme of Epcot.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast