Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Candlelight Processional and Yuletide Fantasy Tour

Does anyone know when they open or start reservations for either of these?
    I called this past weekend for my reservation/ticket to MVMCP and forgot to ask Brandy about it.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

Re: Candlelight Processional and Yuletide Fantasy Tour

Last year, candlelight opened up on 8/15. I don't remember when I made the Yuletide Fantasy Tour reservations. About the same time frame, or so, but not sure if those could have been made a lot sooner.

And you just need reservations for Candlelight if you're doing the dinner package - they DO have stand-by available if you don't want to do dinner. (But we were really happy we did the dinner package. We went to the first show, and then had the earliest dinner after that - that way we didn't have to rush our meal to make the show if they were late seating us!)

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88
    Last year, candlelight opened up on 8/15. I don't remember when I made the Yuletide Fantasy Tour reservations. About the same time frame, or so, but not sure if those could have been made a lot sooner.

And you just need reservations for Candlelight if you're doing the dinner package - they DO have stand-by available if you don't want to do dinner. (But we were really happy we did the dinner package. We went to the first show, and then had the earliest dinner after that - that way we didn't have to rush our meal to make the show if they were late seating us!)
    I called today and spoke with Gina Marie and was able to make reservations for the Yuletide Fantasy Tour and dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern before MVMCP.
    Next will be the CP reservations in August. Thanks!
    Cliff

Hi everyone, I am going to be at the Poly DEC15-23rd and have ressies for MVMCP and dinner at LTT but I do not know what theYuletide Fantasy Tour is. Could someone enlighten me please, I don't want to miss anything. Thanks

DL-1970-72-2005
    DW-1972-2002-04

"My First Love was Mickey"
    Nanci

Quote Originally Posted by MissNanse
    Hi everyone, I am going to be at the Poly DEC15-23rd and have ressies for MVMCP and dinner at LTT but I do not know what theYuletide Fantasy Tour is. Could someone enlighten me please, I don't want to miss anything. Thanks
    Yuletide Fantasy is a backstage and on-stage tour of Epcot, Studios, MK, Grand Floridian, and Holiday Shops (at least that's where we went for ours). It's a 'long morning' and we started out in Epcot visiting a few countries (before they opened) to talk about some of the Holiday traditions from there, and those that we've incorporated into the 'standard' celebrations in the U.S. We then went to the Studios and went on-stage there and talked about the Holidays in the movies, and how that has influenced the standard traditions here. Then MK, GF (to see the Gingerbread house and decorations) and then the shop where they work year-round on the decorations.

It's a fairly casually presented tour, and the guides bring in their own personal experiences, and ask about yours.

When I made the reservations, they told me 'no cameras' on the tour, but you CAN bring your camera, you just can't use it when you are backstage or even onstage when there are 'non-normal' things in site (like we couldn't take pictures of the guys cleaning the sidewalks in World Showcase before it opened - not that I'd WANT to, mind you!)

I really enjoyed it, and think because it is so casually presented, it would be different with each guide and even from time-to-time depending on the group and how interactive they'd get. If I go back between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will very likely do this tour again.

Thank You so much Drice88, it really sounds interesting.

DL-1970-72-2005
    DW-1972-2002-04

Nanci

Thanks so much Drice88 , it sounds very interesting. I will look into it.

DL-1970-72-2005
    DW-1972-2002-04

Nanci

I have heard rumours that they might start taking ADR for CP on Monday, May 22, 2006. Does anyone know if this is true? I will probably call on Monday anyway just to check it out and see, but thought I would ask here first.
    Cliff

Question New Quesstion WAS: Candlelight Processional and Yuletide Fantasy Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Drince88
    Yuletide Fantasy is a backstage and on-stage tour of Epcot, Studios, MK, Grand Floridian, and Holiday Shops (at least that's where we went for ours). It's a 'long morning' and we started out in Epcot visiting a few countries (before they opened) to talk about some of the Holiday traditions from there, and those that we've incorporated into the 'standard' celebrations in the U.S. We then went to the Studios and went on-stage there and talked about the Holidays in the movies, and how that has influenced the standard traditions here. Then MK, GF (to see the Gingerbread house and decorations) and then the shop where they work year-round on the decorations.

It's a fairly casually presented tour, and the guides bring in their own personal experiences, and ask about yours.

When I made the reservations, they told me 'no cameras' on the tour, but you CAN bring your camera, you just can't use it when you are backstage or even onstage when there are 'non-normal' things in site (like we couldn't take pictures of the guys cleaning the sidewalks in World Showcase before it opened - not that I'd WANT to, mind you!)

I really enjoyed it, and think because it is so casually presented, it would be different with each guide and even from time-to-time depending on the group and how interactive they'd get. If I go back between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I will very likely do this tour again.
    Thank you for your quick TR of the tour, I am really looking forward to this.
    Okay here is my new question:
    I received a hard ticket for MVMCP in the mail (plus a comfirmation number over the phone). I also received a confirmation number for the Yuletide Fantasy Tour but I need to know should I also be receiving a hard ticket for the tour in the mail or will it be waiting for me at the hotel? For most of my previous trips I remember tickets for events/tour I booked being at the hotel when I checked in.

Also when I last heard they were releasing CP packages in mid- to late-August. If you hear otherwise, please post here.
    Cliff

Thumbs up Re: Candlelight Processional and Yuletide Fantasy Tour

I fell in love with CP years ago, so as a High School music teacher I've had the opportunity to have my students sing there a few times. It's an incredible experience for the kids! I should have another group down there again this coming Thanksgiving weekend.
    Everyone, get your reservations now and don't miss this outstanding Holiday program!!!!!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

You won't get a hard ticket for a tour.

I haven't heard anything different about Candlelight.

They haven't even provided info about the Food and Wine Fest, and that starts at the end of Sept.

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJack65
    I fell in love with CP years ago, so as a High School music teacher I've had the opportunity to have my students sing there a few times. It's an incredible experience for the kids! I should have another group down there again this coming Thanksgiving weekend.
    Everyone, get your reservations now and don't miss this outstanding Holiday program!!!!!
    Wow, what an opportunity! Do your kids have to audition every year? How selective is Disney? The CP is so well done.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm
    Wow, what an opportunity! Do your kids have to audition every year? How selective is Disney? The CP is so well done.
    Yes, the choirs have to audition each year. I really don't know how selective Disney is for choirs to participate. I've taken my top groups, and I've been lucky enough to take my average vocalists. Overall, it's a lot of hard work to learn all the arrangements but well worth the effort at the performance. The part of the performance that really upsets the students is the fact that park runs 2 concerts back to back, and as soon as the first concert is over and the hundreds of students exit the concert hall, they immediately turn around and go right back into the hall for the second performance. The kids are basically standing non-stop about 4 hours all together!
    The parents and I always reward the kids with a private party at our hotel the next day (and of course Disney does that up right, also!!)

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Thumbs up Re: Candlelight Processional and Yuletide Fantasy Tour

It looks like most of the information about CP won't be released until August. Its really not that far away but I keep hoping the reservations will open up sooner.
    Someone will post here if you hear anything before mid-August?!
    Cliff

Question Re: Candlelight Processional and Yuletide Fantasy Tour

Today I received an email/post that said they might start taking reservations for the CP packages on August 5, 2006. Did anyone else read/hear the same thing? What time would I need to start calling to make my reservation?
    Cliff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast