• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

New Value Suites

I have a situation looming before me and before I forget it this morning, I figured I'd send a shout out to those-in-the-know.

A group of us are attending good ole WDW February 07, yeah, it might be a bit early to be planning this far in advance, but some of my colleagues are on a fixed income and so the earilier means that they can pay it off before arriving in the parks and have cash to 'play.'

Alas, one of our friends is going to have to cancel, leaving the one he was going to room with (to save further cash) flying solo.

So the concept of getting one of these suites that have been built was brought up. Now it is morning, I can do the research, I'm sure, but this week is kinda busy, so I figured I'd start here.

My questions:

When will these suites be available? (they are at All-Stars, right?)

--and--

will the main bedroom be separated from the 'living' area via a door or something?

My thought is, my now-solo buddy can just sleep on the couch in the suite, and we can all chip in and still keep costs low. Plus, hopefully, there will be a fridge and all the micro kudos that we can use to save cash.

Of course, we're always open to suggestion as well. Outside of recommending he sleep in the rental car. Somehow, I doubt he'll go for it.

Thanks for your time on this.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: New Value Suites

I just read about this the other day, and I am trying to remember exactly what I read. Basically these suites are at the All Star Resorts. They will be available after June 6, 2006. You get a living room, complete with chairs, and sofa, that convert to beds. There is a kitchen area complete with microwave, and refigerator. There is a separate bedroom, with a queen size bed. There are two bathrooms. I just reread this info on another website, so it's fairly accurate. They say that 4 or 5 adults, would be comfortable. Basically, they have converted two old All Star rooms, into One suite.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Hi Roo, I'll add a little to Barbara's post:

The suites are at All-Star Music only. I don't know how quickly online booking will know about them so you'll want to call reservations ASAP after June 6th. Pricing will be $170 if you go during the value period in Feb, but will quickly rocket up to $240 on peak nights. There's a short hallway dividing living room and bedroom, so there's a wall between the two, but not a door you can close/lock. This is going by the demo models, but I don't think that will change.

Would try calling in June/July to check on availabilty for February. Alot of northern schools have off presidents week and people head to disney so it might book up quick

• Self Congratulative

All Star Music... never want to experience that again.

• Vehicle rotating backward

That's nice, Taggart, but if you have a huge party what are your options with a large group? Family suite, multiple rooms at a resort just like ASMu, or spend a far larger amount of money for the Contemporary's huge rooms. I'd take the suite, if the cost is split amongst adults it's not that bad.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

You might want to check out mousesavers.com. They just posted a great rate at one of the Downtown Disney hotels with all suites. I think the rate was $109, and the room looked pretty nice.

• Self Congratulative

Now now, lets not get sassy here!

I'm just saying the suites would be much better at a different resort. I know they're cheaper there but if they're going to tout all of these new additions to the hotel, they need to improve the conditions of it.

I will say, it is good to have a cheaper suite. I'm just not fond of the location. That may just be my opinion though. Who knows, someone else could love that resort.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Since there are several individuals going, we'll probably be renting a car, so the bus system--the main complaint I hear of All Star, amoung several others--might not be a burden unless we decide to split up.

I think I'm going to take a look into that mousesavers.com, thanks.

Peace to all--and keep posting!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

If you're going President's Week, the buses might not be as much of an issue, since they anticipate crowded conditions. All three resorts get their own buses during peak periods, so keep that in mind too.

I stayed at Movies a few years ago and had no problems with the buses. But things might have changed since I last stayed there.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I can't even afford the "value" resorts. I'm staying at a Comfort Inn about a mile from Downtown Disney in a couple weeks.