View Poll Results: What story would you like for HM?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it alone.

5 20.00%
  • Make it like Disneyland's.

3 12.00%
  • Put a twist on Disneyland's

8 32.00%
  • New, different stories.

9 36.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: What do you want to see with HM?

It would be nice to be given a little credit and assume, seeing as I did say "providing the upgrades ever come", that I am aware of what horrible shape Haunted Mansion is in...

Re: What do you want to see with HM?

I was so disapointed to see leota's, little leota's, and the singing busts' faces all off of their heads! Their eyes are not suppse to be on their forheads, nor should their noses be on their chins!

The spiders need to be swipped away......It looks like they didn't know what to do with that space, so they just threw some cheap props in.....but if they keep them, at least COVER the entire area in webs, make the spiders move around and perhaps have a few bodies stuck in them. We deal with this boring limbo stage already with the loading area.....they shouldn't waste space.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

WDW Mansion needs an update

The DL mansion just got awesome enhancements, and theirs was better to begin with. I'm sure that the WDW version will get uodated eventually, but I hope that it'll be different from the one DL got. One thing I would like to see is somehow adding the foyer into the WDW version, maybe by extending the queue. What would others like to see done to the WDW mansion?

Have you faced the Yeti?

Blog Entries

Re: WDW Mansion needs an update

I don't really think theirs is better. Doesn't ours have more scenes to it?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd actually like to see a new bride similar to DL's new one. The current one looks so fake it's not even scary.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

WDW is slated to receive some changes, most likely similar to the ones seen at DL (doesn't Iger want to globalize the parks?) to save some money on technology. Even more important that the updates, though, would be some much needed work on the ride system and audio.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    More isn't necessarily better. Although I personally think the exterior to the WDW version is a bit better.

Have you faced the Yeti?

but Phantom Manor's exterior has them all beat! I love its exterior and gardens...so creepy!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Yes, but quality is always better than quantity. Not that I'm saying WDW stinks. I heard it is actually better than DLs in many ways.

One thing I hate about WDWs is the look of the exterior. I just adore the charm of DLs exterior Mansion facade.

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Yes, but quality is always better than quantity. Not that I'm saying WDW stinks. I heard it is actually better than DLs in many ways.

One thing I hate about WDWs is the look of the exterior. I just adore the charm of DLs exterior Mansion facade.
    I agree w/ that. DL's mansion fits in New Orleans Square so well. WDW's mansion doesn't really fit into Liberty Square--it's based on 1800s architecture from the Hudson Valley and it's next to 1700s-themed buildings from New England. The timeframe along the Rivers of America is supposed to follow the numbers on the buildings, so if the Haunted Mansion were properly placed (with its architecture), it would be in the middle of Frontierland. But, then it would break the geographic transition from east to west that goes from Liberty Square to Big Thunder. Of course, Splash Mountain also breaks that, so no biggie...
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Super Old Guy

There are parts of the WDW version that just don't hold up for me. The section where there are spiders in their webs has always looked local spookhouse cheap to me. In DL you walk through the hallway of spooky pictures and the busts with the eyes that follow you before getting on the doom buggies, while at WDW you come out of the stretch room and just get in the DB. DL's has always seemed to have a more consistent atmosphere to me.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Well the main reason that the WDW mansion looks like it does is because the DL one looked very quaint from the outside, and sometimes little kids would get scared, not expecting what was inside. So they decided to make the WDW version more imposing.

Have you faced the Yeti?

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    There are parts of the WDW version that just don't hold up for me. The section where there are spiders in their webs has always looked local spookhouse cheap to me. In DL you walk through the hallway of spooky pictures and the busts with the eyes that follow you before getting on the doom buggies, while at WDW you come out of the stretch room and just get in the DB. DL's has always seemed to have a more consistent atmosphere to me.
    This is one reason why the new portrait effect needs to be added to WDW's Haunted Mansion (for those of you who haven't seen them, they are normal looking portraits that become slightly more creepy in time w/ the lightning) in the hallway b/t the stretching rooms and boarding the Doom Buggies--there is certainly room for it, they just need to put them in.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Screenwriter for NLF

I do have to agree with the spider thing. It seems like just an empty area where they said quick we need to fill this in so put some spiders or something in there. I love the Haunted Mansion and sometimes I hate updates, but the Disneyland bride does look better from the videos I've seen. What's with the blue face of ours?? Is she holding her breath until her boyfriend says yes???
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

• I was deleted.

This topic was just recently introduced here. Can we merge the threads?

Like I said in the other, how about we fix the basics of WDW's HM first? You know.. audio, the tracks, and simple effects.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast