View Poll Results: What story would you like for HM?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it alone.

5 20.00%
  • Make it like Disneyland's.

3 12.00%
  • Put a twist on Disneyland's

8 32.00%
  • New, different stories.

9 36.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

What do you want to see with HM? (Merged threads)

With all the updates over at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, I was curious as to what people would like to see happen at Magic Kingdom's providing the upgrades ever come. I mean in regards to the stories taking place in the attraction.

1. Leave it, but just upgrade all of the effects and systems.
    2. Make it like Disneyland's, the two have been the same and could remain that way.
    3. Twist on Disneyland's, like Constance killing by some other means than beheading.
    4. A whole new story for a different manor in a different part of the country.

Blog Entries

Re: What do you want to see with HM?

I like the story they're adding to DL's mansion, but it's not the story that really matters to me. I just want to see our mansion updated and cleaned up. I'd love to see some of the effects such as the floating, talking bride they're getting and I definitely want the hitchhiker ghost update that they're getting. To me it's not so much about the story. Our story or lack of story is fine with me, but there's just so much that looks old and broken down in our mansion.

I tell you what I'd love to see. We won't see it but it's my dream is for the singing heads in the graveyard to be some kind of amazing animatronics that actually move and sing instead of just being a projection that's out of sync with the music half the time and I want our attic scene updated. The seance room just looks silly now.

• Banned User

Disneyland upgrades.. With more phantom manor tossed in...

It just needs to be cleaned up and make to look and sound like it should.

I don't have an opinion about adding a story to it. I would like to see TNBC layover, but I've resigned myself that I'll just have to return to DL during the right season for that.

Ideally, I really do not want carbon copies of the same rides in the various Magic Kingdoms. I enjoy the sublte and minor differences between rides in different parks.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Disney Memory Maker

I voted for new story entirely. I'd like to see a more coherant story then the abstract one that exists today. However, more importantly I just want it to be fixed. I can honestly say that HM was the one attraction I felt looked like crap when I visited last summer. The stretching room wallpaper was distorted, the audio barely worked (at times, just cutting off) and I'd like to see better effects using newer technology (especially in the graveyard scene). And also, I'd like to see the queue (post-stretching room) reconfigured. I hate when the room leads out and everyone is crowded like a funnel (from the open area into the tiny queue line). I want them to add more order to that area.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

How about we just work on fixing the audio problems and other lack of working fucntions first before we try to up anything a notch in this building?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Yes to what BPF said.

Is the big wiggling day-glo spider in DL's? It's been about 10 years now but I don't remember it.

• Banned User

HM's show and storyline does not need to be changed but the entire ride screams 70's cheese. They need to upscale the special effects with new and state of the art technology, then add a dash of glow like TDL's.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    How about we just work on fixing the audio problems and other lack of working fucntions first before we try to up anything a notch in this building?
    You know if they add a NBC overlay they would just HAVE to upgrade those systems... lol

(Remember all the upgrades done to HM in DL when they added NBC originally)

• Vehicle rotating backward

I wouldn't mind if NBC moved from DL's Mansion to WDW's. The "house" and landscaping seems like a better fit, and DL's spends so much time in rehab adding and removing the NBC stuff that the regular Mansion doesn't operate very long.

That's a big hit in DL, whereas in WDW the closure of one E-ticket for a while isn't such a world-ender.

• Everyone neat and pretty?

The enhancements to the DL HM are great. They're mainly in the attic but where much needed. I saw the new scenes yesterday. The only mansion that I know of that has a continuous storyline is the on in DLP PM. That does follow a ghost bride's story. I have been to WDW once and rode that HM 5 times in one day. It broke down twice that day. I didn't notice any issue with sound but I did notice that it was twice as big as ours. There are of course differences with all of them. You don't want a cookie cutter attraction. The rooms are larger there too. Everything that DL HM has from the foyer entrance on is included in the WDW HM ride once you get in the Doom Buggie, down to the crypt markers. There are a couple of areas in the WDW HM where you just pass through darkness between scenes. That was fun for me because I had no idea what to expect next.
    I don't think that the mansions were supposed to have one big story but several interesting scenes that get your attention throughout.

They really do need to update the effects in all of them. We have the technology!
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• Self Congratulative

Just fix the damn soundtrack. Has anyone else notice that the main music track in the graveyard hasn't been working now for two years? All you hear is the busts singing to... nothing and the localized accompaniments like the trumpets and stuff but only when you pass their area. The jam track that used to play in the doombuggy is not there.

It bothers the crap out of me.

• Banned User

A new exterior - lol

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I agree. The sound coming into the doombuggies is the biggest issue. Followed by some of the graveyard sounds, though Taggart I havn't noticed that many being down...

Lets say it does get rebuilt ground up like IASW...I'd like to see the mansion as it is with the same story. But I'd like that crawling book from TDL, the floating Leota from DL, and in the attic, I'd like the current bride, but with some of the props from the buidor (spelling?) from DLP (like the skull mirror). But nothing major.
    But perhaps the new AA Hitchhikers wouldn't be too bad depending on how they worked out.

...and since they subtly added some great new musical accompaniements in IASW (though they ruined Austrailia), perhaps working a few new areas into HM's wouldn't be that bad. Nice suprises like IASW.

• Self Congratulative

All of the graveyard scenes are working fine. The only problem is the main soundtrack is gone. It's the bass line that ties all of the scenes in together. If you've been on it a lot, your mind probably puts it in for you. But it's not there.

The only times you hear the graveyard music are when the trumpets are playing and at the singing busts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast