Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

WDW Vacation DvD 2006 Review.

Well after this year's horrible Disneyland Dvd, I have to start off, Disney has a winner with WDW's new Dvd. They found a decent way to do park tours, without going overkill in annoyance (a la Stacey "Top 7"). They have 4 different personalities showing you rides, but they are excited yet real, it doesn't come across as as much "forced excitement" as with Stacey.

First you have Erin, who besides being incredibly gorgeous, is a happy tour guide, without any of the Stacey annoyances. She is what you want as your tour guide.
    Then you have Luke, who does thrill rides, typical kid, but has fun.
    Then there is Stacey, the mom who shows all the kid and family rides, and really she is a mom, she is believeable, you don't doubt for a moment she is loving her kids point of view.
    And Dave, he loves benchs, alcohol, anything relaxing. And frankly, it doesn't get boring watching him find new benches. It made for an enjoyable watch.

Overall, they take you into the 4 parks, 2 water parks, and there is a great Downtown Disney section.

I do miss the old videos, where there was less "stuff" so resorts made it to the main movie, not as "special features", but overall it was good. It wasn't like the last couple WDW DvDs that were just so-so, nor was it pretty lousy like the recent Disneyland Dvd. I say order it, its a fun watch.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Re: WDW Vacation DvD 2006 Review.

isnt this the same DVD they had last year?
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Self Congratulative

No. But this was a topic not too long ago.

I have the complete opposite opinion. It is too "MTV" produced with ultra fast camera shots where not one shot lasts 1 second.

I thought the "relaxed guy" character was a little over the top and especially the "DUUUUUUUDE" guy. It just seemed so fake and retarded to me. I preferred the magical gatherings DVD.

That's just my thoughts though.

• Screenwriter for NLF

I thought some of it was definitly over the top. The Dude guy did get on my nerves some times. And man, there is something about Erin that is kinda hot. She's covered in freckles but something about her...

Um..ahme... anway I thought the DVD was done very well with lots of info. And I like the extras like the trip planning guide and such. The game show thing was stupid though. But I enjoyed myself watching it, and continue to have fun watching it. It makes me want to head to DW everytime. So it does its job.
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

• Vehicle rotating backward

Watch the surfer dude during the Epcot section. There's a few times (particularly when the screen is about to change to another shot) that his face totally drops into this "why the hell am I here?" look.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Are you sure this isnt the same as last years? the cover art on the website is the same as the dvd i have. and all of this sounds so familiar and I havent even ordered this one this year.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

It's possible. This is for the Happiest homecoming, and much of the footage was filmed late 2004 or early 2005 before the hub, castle or stage changed...but...some of it had to be filmed this past fall because Everest is shown as finished...but not in use.

• Banned User

I never bother with these video dvds. They are full of promotional and heavily edited commercial material that make attractions look much much better than what they actually are.

The same can be said of all park commercials, really. Fair enough since it's not like people watch them unaware of what they are.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    The same can be said of all park commercials, really.
    That's because that is exactly what those dvds are: WDW commercial compilations!
    Fair enough since it's not like people watch them unaware of what they are.
    I don't think it's fair at all...it's deceiving advertizement.

Earlier today I saw a commercial for Harrah's, and it showed a guy betting at a $1 machine and hitting three red 7s. That may be unfair deception, but if it is so is all advertising ever.

• Banned User

Well hitting 3 red 7s could happen you know... but in regards to most advertizement..., yes, it's all deceiving as far as I know, and Disneyis not different, but that is not an excuse to make it "right" to be deceiving.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Just curious because I have yet to see the DVD (went ahead and ordered it for kicks, even though we're leaving on the 28th and know exactly what we're doing), what sort of specific things are on the DVD that are "false" or "spun"?

Well I think what TDLFan refers to is they show WDW as spotless, fully staffed full of great amounts of happy CMs, like any place in the world that isn't always the case. Like when we have a "suit" come visit our store where I work...what he sees is not the real daily operating store (infact thier visit makes it worse...another topic) but an "ideal". These Disney videos show "ideals" to make you want to come. It's not always like that.

My biggest complaint is for years Disney has had horrible quality control.
    -1) I wish they would refilm everything for each video. I know thats not financially smart but I do get tired sometimes of the 80s and early 90s dress that shows up on the films sometimes. And of the old panoramic shots (EPCOT has had the wand since 1999...you would think by now theyve flown over EPCOT again with a camera ).
    -2) I hate how they show Disneyland's Toontown and Space Mountian, DLP's HM, they always mix park footage for all thier resort videos (for all the resorts). As a wicked for Disney that pisses me off to see Phantom Manor's Phantom in a WDW video.
    -3) And finally while I am at it, the fact that the Video production company doesn't always get full access to all the park music and sounds they want...I mean Nothing like kicking your ankle with your other foot. This corperate culture stands in the way of a Disney group acesssing Disney things that are under the control of other Disney groups. Backasswards. So sometimes a ride will show real scenes with different music in the background from real life.

Anywho.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I think for a vacation planning video, it's definitely a positive spin on the whole resort, but look at who is discussing it? All of us, who probably get them just because they're free and it's a nice little memento of a favorite place. I know that's the only reason I get them, not for their depiction of the resort as a pristine place, but for the fact that I can say, "Hey, I remember going on that! It was fun!" and "Hey! that's not WDW, that's DL! What's going on here!"

I think it's more fun for us to pull them apart and rate them against each other year after year, since we've seen them all so many times. I mean, how many people get the new one each time it's available like I do? Probably not too many.

And to see if it is a new one: Is Everest still under consrtuction in it? That to me would be the true test to see if this one is the same as last year's, which, to me, is only worth watching to watch Erin, and the bench guy, who I thought was pretty funny. I don't even think this version is as helpful to planning as many of the others; it seems more of a keepsake than any actual information. But then again, that could just be me, who's used to the slower, more comprehensive ones of the past.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast