Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• RYGUY7

Extra Magic Hours

Hello,

Can someone please explain the extra magic hours to me. I was under the impression that the parks were open REALLY late at times with these hours, but now I don't think I understand completely. Being used to Disneyland's midnight closing times, I went online to look at hours for Orlando and it seems the parks close earlier, even with magic hours.

For example, I look at May 30 for MK and it says it is open until 11pm with extra magic hours. Does that mean 11pm is the extension, or it will be open after that - it's just not publicized until what time???

Can someone help me out please!
    Thanks,
    RY

• Banned User

Re: Extra Magic Hours

In regards to magic Hours at WDW, these extra hours can be designated as "morning extra hrs" or "evening extra hours". Based on your post, and looking at May 30th specifically, the MK park is opened to regular guests from 9am until 11pm. On May 30th, the extra hour you get as a resort guest is from 8am to 9am, meaning you get to go into the MK one hour *earlier* than regular guests.
    Refer to this calendar for Extra Magic Hours in the morning or evening times.
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...MagicHoursPage

As far as I know, the park hours shown on the calendar are for regular guests. On may 28th for example, the MK closes at Midnight, and you will probably get an extra magic hour until 1am. On other days when the MK closes at 8 or 9pm, you may get up to 3 extra magic hours. Please note also, only a handful of rides will be opened and NOT the entire park.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Be aware that a park with an extra hour in the morning may be slammed. I did one at MK and remember it wasn't that bad the extra hour but shortly after opening things REALLY picked up. However, it was much busier all-day than it was the first two days and that might be because of a cheerleading competition or something that I knew was going on somewhere.

Anyway, if some place has an early morning, I'd rather go somewhere else to start the day unless you have your heart set on going there.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

All evening EMH are 3 hours in length (unless of course its other wised noted). So if the park closes at midnight for regular guest, it will be open till 3am for resort guests
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• RYGUY7

Great!
    Thanks!!
    RY

• Banned User

Okay, first you take the normal park hours. (The ones on the calendar) Then you check the EMH dates. If a park has EMH in the morning, the park opens one hour early. If a park has EMH in the evening, the park stays open 3 hours later.

• Banned User

WOW!!! I didn't know the park would be opened until 3am if it did close at 12 midnight for guests. That seems a bit extreme, since who the heck wants to be up at 2:30am doing Winnie the Pooh??

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    WOW!!! I didn't know the park would be opened until 3am if it did close at 12 midnight for guests. That seems a bit extreme, since who the heck wants to be up at 2:30am doing Winnie the Pooh??
    Someone who wants to get to sleep of course! Isn't Pooh the cure for insomnia?

Although I didn't think Pooh was that bad, really. Put me on that pretender of a Pan ride after midnight, though, and I guarantee you that I'll be sleepwalking back to my room.

• I was deleted.

People do! Crazy... I know! I can understand New Years Eve or something like that, but people are crazy. I'm also a night owl and I love Fantasyland so you could probably find me there TDLFAN.

Also... make sure you get a wrist band for evening hours. The CMs will love you for it!!

• Banned User

I would not be given one. I do not stay on property.

• I was deleted.

I would not be given one. I do not stay on property.
    I didn't get one unless I did either.. but I'm just advising those reading.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Cinderella's Golden Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, "it's a small world", The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain®, Stitch's Great Escape!, Tomorrowland® Indy Speedway
    Evenings:
    Includes attractions listed above and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, The Haunted Mansion, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Splash Mountain®
    I think doing all of those is reason enough to stay out till 3AM, especially if it means beating lines and not having to do them during the day.

Red Face Re: Extra Magic Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I think doing all of those is reason enough to stay out till 3AM, especially if it means beating lines and not having to do them during the day.
    I'm with you. Just being out of the heat would be reason enough for me. Plus, the night and all those lights...perfect. But a simple question (from this simple person), when they do these extra hours, don't they lose time that would be spent cleaning the park? Just wondering.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    There are usually more rides open than that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach
    I'm with you. Just being out of the heat would be reason enough for me. Plus, the night and all those lights...perfect. But a simple question (from this simple person), when they do these extra hours, don't they lose time that would be spent cleaning the park? Just wondering.
    Nope. It doesn't take that long to clean. In fact, in prior years, the park would have hours of 7am-1am daily during the summer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast