Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Post your WDW little-known secrets

This thread is to post secrets about WDW that meet two criteria:

1) You yourself, or someone in your party, found it out during your trip. Basically, you were there when it was discovered.

2) It's not common knowledge amongst Disney fandom (i.e. no "Did you know Everest has no backside?")

I'll begin:

If anyone wastes their time by going to that House of the Future thing at Epcot's Innoventions, where you have Home Theater PCs, hybrid SUVs, and other emerging tech hustled by a CM, take a close look at the HP tablet laptop in the "girl's room." It's the one where the CM supposedly writes a hand-writes note on her blog using the tablet PC's touchscreen, telling her to do her homework.

When the crowd moves across the walkway to look at the other things, get a close look at that tablet PC. Chances are the CM will leave it right where they found it which means if you have normal vision you can see it pretty well from the guardrail. For all I know, you may be able to ask for a closer look at it, and they may oblige.

If you look nice and close, you'll notice it's running MacOS. Sort of. The whole screen appears to be a full-sized Flash animation. At least, that's what I'm betting it is. That's the only thing I could think of that would fill the screen, animate the "web page" on screen, and have that level of detail. And for whatever reason WDI designed it to look like a Mac screen even though it's on an HP PC.

Also, the web browser "throbber" (the thing that animates while loading a page, like the spinning E in explorer) on that screen is the old EPCOT Center "nucleus" logo.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Post your WDW little-known secrets

On Main Street there is a barber shop. Disneyland could use one, I wouldnt mind getting a haircut then!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Frank Wells has the highest window on Main Street USA.

• Banned User

"If you had Wings" went by another moniker when Eastern dropped out and before Delta took over and the ride was changed and renamed "Dreamflight".

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Most people don't know that you can ask to sit in the front of the monorail. You might have to wait for a second train but the trip is well worth it and they sometimes give out these neat little copilot licenses.

Always take the open line people AREN'T taking. You don't know how many times a 40 minute wait for a ride, turned into a 5 minute wait, all because I took the other line instead of the one everyone else was taking. (POTC is a great example of this)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Always take the open line people AREN'T taking. You don't know how many times a 40 minute wait for a ride, turned into a 5 minute wait, all because I took the other line instead of the one everyone else was taking. (POTC is a great example of this)
    Just out of curiosity, what rides have "alternate lines"?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I think Summer just means don't necessarily follow the herd. Look around to see if there is another line that most people aren't going to, simply because they're following the person in front of them. PotC is the best example, since most people automatically follow the right line, when the left line may be open. Another example is the boiler room in ToT. Many people just queue up without moving further ahead to the other load platform.

Anyway, as for my secret?

The raven in the Haunted Mansion appears so many times for two main reasons: One, he was supposed to be the original narrator to the ride, before the disembodied Ghost Host. And secondly, just as in the famous Poe poem, the raven appears over and over, symbolizing the slow descent into madness.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I love the Raven.

On the TTA when the page "Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow" that is a reference to Flight to the Moon's old Mission Control Operator.

• Banned User

With the advent of FP, now most rides have alternates. But originally, some rides like Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain and BTM had dual lines going into the ride. I always went to the left. Moved faster.

• meganmegaphone

*psst!* as long as it is past the first time on your fastpass, you're golden... unless it's soarin' they'll still let you in after it's expired.

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

You can actually see the warehouse the haunted mansion ride takes place in, if you look above the exit.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

People have really answered this question but yes I mainly mean "don't follow the herd"

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstitch
    *psst!* as long as it is past the first time on your fastpass, you're golden... unless it's soarin' they'll still let you in after it's expired.
    Best known trick in the book, so to speak.

One I've heard from Bellhops but never followed is that if you sit in the back and the guests in front of you put their hands up and block the picture you can say something and ride it again.

The wait queue for Space Mountain is always exaggerated by 15-20 minutes. When it says 20 minutes it usually means, walk-on until you get to the front and choose a side.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan

The wait queue for Space Mountain is always exaggerated by 15-20 minutes. When it says 20 minutes it usually means, walk-on until you get to the front and choose a side.
    Now THAT is beautiful information.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast