Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 140
  1. #31

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvstitch
    There are mostly good cast members everywhere you go. It's just when you're working 60+ hours a week at quick service and upwards of 70 at most attractions those 12 hour days can really get to ya. Even the best cast member has their limits. Especially when working for minimum wage at thouse hours The good cast members are quiting and working elsewhere for this reason, & the ones at fault all the time are all too often forgiven because their bodies are so badly needed.

    Make sure you thank your cast members too and do your part as a guest. I PROMISE your thanks WILL be GREATLY apreciated
    Ditto that. If I have learned one thing... the

    Thank each and every guest.

    idea is empowering. But more so with it... is if you DO it and ALWAYS care when you say it, you will say it in other ways. So with that being said...

    Thank each and every Cast Member.

  2. #32

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Thank you for voicing your opinion once again. Each voice adds up. Now if only they wouldn't short staff Guest Relations... then maybe it'd be easier?
    Good point PigletFan... There were 3 Guest Relations CMs on duty behind their huge desk there, and about 12 of us in line... I did see several people come in, take a look at us in line and leave, so many people who need assistance, are immediately put off by the fact there is a line to see a host or hostess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvstitch
    Make sure you thank your cast members too and do your part as a guest.
    I have done that in last few few months about 3 times. Nothing pleases me most than filling out those "Star" cards at Guest Relations. I urge others to do the same when a CM exceeds your expectations.

  3. #33

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I have done that in last few few months about 3 times. Nothing pleases me most than filling out those "Star" cards at Guest Relations. I urge others to do the same when a CM exceeds your expectations.
    Or even more than that, taking the time to write a letter back to Disney gets the CM even more props (do they still do the "I made someone's day" pin for CMs who get letters?).

  4. #34

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Good point PigletFan... There were 3 Guest Relations CMs on duty behind their huge desk there, and about 12 of us in line... I did see several people come in, take a look at us in line and leave, so many people who need assistance, are immediately put off by the fact there is a line to see a host or hostess.
    Personally I would leave if I was just doing something simple like making dining reservations or something I could do later.. but I agree. They need more plaid!

    yay for star cards, etc, etc.. they are nice even though I never got one. But I filled out a LOT of them!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Or even more than that, taking the time to write a letter back to Disney gets the CM even more props (do they still do the "I made someone's day" pin for CMs who get letters?).
    Yes, they do. But I believe they are only for the ones that are printed in the Main Street Diary last I checked.

  5. #35

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    ..And you think I enjoy reporting the negative side of WDW?? Or furthermore, do you think I enjoy putting my reputation on the line so everyone can shift blame and place it on me??? But someone has got to bring this up, so I guess it's got to be me since no one else have the guts to do so here.
    Honestly? I notice the bad, I notice things have gone down hill. But I also notice the good, I notice when people go out of their way to keep the magic alive and I choose to enjoy the parks for what it is, not for what it used to be.

    The magic isn't dead, it just goes by the way side sometimes and if you look for it just a little you will find it. And the next time you see a napkin on the ground, just pick it up, because the CM who is probably working a double shift with little or no breaks could probably use the help.

  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    576

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Honestly? I notice the bad, I notice things have gone down hill. But I also notice the good, I notice when people go out of their way to keep the magic alive and I choose to enjoy the parks for what it is, not for what it used to be.

    The magic isn't dead, it just goes by the way side sometimes and if you look for it just a little you will find it. And the next time you see a napkin on the ground, just pick it up, because the CM who is probably working a double shift with little or no breaks could probably use the help.
    I agree. When you get a "thanks" it's totally worth it! It gets you right here *points to heart*

    Anyone else notice how off the projections of the haunted mansion were? The singing busts' eyes were on their foreheads and leota's nose was one her cheek.

  7. #37

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Honestly? I notice the bad, I notice things have gone down hill. But I also notice the good, I notice when people go out of their way to keep the magic alive and I choose to enjoy the parks for what it is, not for what it used to be.
    If I didn't enjoy the parks as they are operated today, I would not go anymore. But I still go because not all is lost yet. Also, how come you chose to overlook the positive remarks I made in my initial report as well??? Don't you think it's a bit of double standards in your part to tell me I am being negative when you *chose* to not see the positive in my report as well???

    The magic isn't dead, it just goes by the way side sometimes and if you look for it just a little you will find it.
    That has got to be the most apologetic statement I've heard about Disney's deficiencies this year so far. At Disney, the magic should not go "by the way side" ever, or else, you don't know what Disney is supposed to be all about. You should NOT have to go looking for magic at all... The magic should FIND YOU! That's what *exceeding* expectations is all about. Please, don't become a Disney Apologists which what's giving Disney license to give you less for more money now a days.

    And the next time you see a napkin on the ground, just pick it up, because the CM who is probably working a double shift with little or no breaks could probably use the help.
    You know what?? I *used* to pick up other people's trash when I was at the parks, hoping that it would help matters.. But I stopped. There is no reason anymore for me to do that again... You know why? Because the problem is caused by both guests and Disney alike. Guests are pigs. They leave their trash everywhere. Disney is guilty as well for not staffing the parks enough to keep up with guests' discards. The staff is too busy taking "pro" pictures on Main Street or selling stale popcorn and turkey legs. Since my helping out by collecting trash seemed to have given Disney a false sense of crew efficiency, I stopped. Well... guess what! They didn't care anyway and cut staffing even more. ....And that is why I don't do their job anymore and take the time to hold them accountable on these boards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13
    Anyone else notice how off the projections of the haunted mansion were? The singing busts' eyes were on their foreheads and leota's nose was one her cheek.
    Yet another example of lacking TLC at the MK. Keep them coming... I am glad I am not the only one noticing these issues.

  8. #38

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    If I didn't enjoy the parks as they are operated today, I would not go anymore. But I still go because not all is lost yet. Also, how come you chose to overlook the positive remarks I made in my initial report as well??? Don't you think it's a bit of double standards in your part to tell me I am being negative when you *chose* to not see the positive in my report as well???
    Attack the post and not the poster. I was commenting on the negatives remarks in the post, your post was mainly negative and it came across as such. Saying that my comments on the negativity of your post makes it a double standard for not "seeing" the positive is not a very good argument when the original conversation had in fact been about the negativity that you saw. I imagine you and I could have a great conversation about the things we do like about the parks but as others have posted they to, seem to think you really only wanted to comment on the negatives.

    That has got to be the most apologetic statement I've heard about Disney's deficiencies this year so far. At Disney, the magic should not go "by the way side" ever, or else, you don't know what Disney is supposed to be all about. You should NOT have to go looking for magic at all... The magic should FIND YOU! That's what *exceeding* expectations is all about. Please, don't become a Disney Apologists which what's giving Disney license to give you less for more money now a days.
    I guess in your eyes I could be a Disney Apologist, however I just like to think of myself as someone that sees the bright side in any given situation. I have said this once and I will say it again,

    Two people go to a puppet show, both people see the strings on the puppets. Person A understands they are there and still enjoys the show anyway while Person B complains the entire time ruining the show not only for them but everyone that came with them.

    I choose to enjoy the show.


    You know what?? I *used* to pick up other people's trash when I was at the parks, hoping that it would help matters.. But I stopped. There is no reason anymore for me to do that again... You know why? Because the problem is caused by both guests and Disney alike. Guests are pigs. They leave their trash everywhere. Disney is guilty as well for not staffing the parks enough to keep up with guests' discards. The staff is too busy taking "pro" pictures on Main Street or selling stale popcorn and turkey legs. Since my helping out by collecting trash seemed to have given Disney a false sense of crew efficiency, I stopped. Well... guess what! They didn't care anyway and cut staffing even more. ....And that is why I don't do their job anymore and take the time to hold them accountable on these boards.
    Yes I imagine that you and you alone gave Disney a false sense of crew efficiency. Cutting staff is the American way lately. People get laid off, less people to do the job...its a tired story all across the board and not necessarily limited to Disney. However, it's not my job to be a corporate big wig, I pay my money for my AP and I go and still have a good time. Do I look for a bigger agenda by picking up a napkin, no, I just figure that the next person walking down Main Street won't see that napkin and I just made someone's day.

  9. #39

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    So why weren't you cleaning ahead of me and made my day???? Because the sad fact is... average Joe Tourist would not care about you picking someone else's trash. Reason why staffing at WDW is low among other things.

    I just like to think of myself as someone that sees the bright side in any given situation.
    Does that mean you go out of your way to see the bright side of things like cancer, AIDS, 9-11, tsunamis etc etc etc as well??? That's a silly argument. I am glad you go to WDW and have fun. Believe it or not, I too have fun but when my "fun" is interrupted by bad service of lack of... how am I supposed to avoid it?? Forgive me but, I just don't have the power to look the other way and pretend things are OK. But I sure am glad you enjoy being in long lines for most everything now a days at WDW. You paid for it and you deserve it, but I sure won't be apologizing to you or anyone else for my views and opinions about WDW, nor will ever apologize for Disney's problems by dismissing them as being appropriate as you do.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 05-07-2006 at 10:28 PM.

  10. #40

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    The X-factor in "exceeding expectations" is what expectations.

    I think as far as being a mouse house and bringing toons and other adventures to the delight of families, WDW exceeds expectations. It's not upper crust world-class, it's not meant to be because that would be like walking into a Westin and expecting a Four Seasons. It's not as tightly run a ship as it used to be, but it isn't in danger of capsizing either.

  11. #41

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    But there sure is a lot of room for improvement as well.

  12. #42

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    So why weren't you cleaning ahead of me and made my day???? Because the sad fact is... average Joe Tourist would not care about you picking someone else's trash. Reason why staffing at WDW is low among other things.



    Does that mean you go out of your way to see the bright side of things like cancer, AIDS, 9-11, tsunamis etc etc etc as well??? That's a silly argument. I am glad you go to WDW and have fun. Believe it or not, I too have fun but when my "fun" is interrupted by bad service of lack of... how am I supposed to avoid it?? Forgive me but, I just don't have the power to look the other way and pretend things are OK. But I sure am glad you enjoy being in long lines for most everything now a days at WDW. You paid for it and you deserve it, but I sure won't be apologizing to you or anyone else for my views and opinions about WDW, nor will ever apologize for Disney's problems by dismissing them as being appropriate as you do.
    Now your just vearing from the original discussion. WDW is in no way comparable to deadly diseases. I don't think being a positive person and seeing the bright side of anything makes it a silly argument at all. Some people choose to be miserable, I personally choose to make the best out of any situation. I also don't look away from the situation, again I will repeat myself, I still see the problems and issues, I just choose to enjoy myself for what Disney means to me and what it has continued to mean to me since I went as a child.

    If you read my initial post, I AGREED with a lot of your points. I also think that something should be done. However I CHOOSE not to be negative about it. If you want people to agree with you, don't shoot others down for having a difference of opinion. Again, I do agree with what your saying, that doesn't mean every time I go to WDW all I am going to do is complain because one more napkin was on the ground than last time.

    If Joe Tourist doesn't care that I picked up that napkin than so be it, I still feel GOOD about myself for doing so and if I happen to make ONE person's day for picking up the darn thing than that makes me happy, Even if its the custodial person and they don't even know I did it.

  13. #43

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Posts
    743

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    I have to agree the original post seemed very negative. I am glad that you went to the guest relations and let them know what's going on. But your post essentially was a post of your trip and everything that went wrong. Did you get on any attractions? Did you enjoy your visit at all?

    I guess I've been on this and other boards long enough to realize there are some posters who enjoy visiting often and making notes about everything that is wrong with the parks. I can't tell you how many photos I've seen of buildings with peeling paint, some of which are obvious but many of which you would have to be looking for the peeling paint to see it.

    Obviously, Disney isn't perfect and there are going to be things that you don't agree with. But it would have been nice if you were a little more balanced with some of the good things you did and then some of the things the evil bean counters of Burbank have caused to go wrong.

  14. #44

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    I have to agree the original post seemed very negative. But your post essentially was a post of your trip and everything that went wrong. Did you get on any attractions? Did you enjoy your visit at all?
    Let's get honest here... every time I have posted a mostly positive report from WDW...hardly any of you take the time to read it...but I still bother doing so. Not implying that I post the negative to attract attention because frankly, I do not enjoy being made the villain due of my honesty.

    But to answer your questions... 1) No, I did not go on any rides. I was there on a "shopping trip" and only had 2 hours to accomplish what I needed to do. and 2) Yes, I always enjoy going to the parks, even if for a little while. Where else would you see badly dressed tourists from the UK on a regular basis??

  15. #45

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Same old problems at WDW...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Where else would you see badly dressed tourists from the UK on a regular basis??
    Can anyone say calf socks with flip flops?

    Those are the worst to me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DVD-ROM problems. Please help
    By Disney Wrassler in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
  2. Will somebody plz help me with vmk problems!?!?
    By Lukerzman in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 09:37 PM
  3. problems with my dog....
    By krystledm in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 06:30 PM
  4. I'm having VMK problems
    By 100th Dalmation in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 05:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •