Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: First year you visited WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr
    first visit was 1974
    That was such a great year!

• Beans are Evil

I first went in the 70's, with my Parents.

Fell in love with the place right away. Would spend most of the day going on rides and then finish the day in the Arcade.

Jim

my first time at WDW was in Dec 2000 during Xmas and queue lines were so long .

I was back also in 2003 , 04 , 05 , and this year in november .
    HKDL : Done !!!

I'm pretty sure my first visit was in Summer of 84. It was a very special trip for me as it was one of those "Family vacations" you always here about. Living in the Northeast and my Dad being a truck driver who didn't like to fly meant a 10 day vacation seeing the entire East coast. Drove down in the Big Black Buick with Mom, Dad and my brother and stopped off in Virginia Beach to see some long lost relatives before getting down to Disney where we stayed on site. I remember more about the trip driving down then the actual time in Disney . Very special trip for me as it was one of the last family vacations we would take. My brother passed a few years later, I remember it was one of the best weeks of our lives and I thank Disney for helping bring some magic to our lives.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew
    1982 for me...I was 2. stayed at the Polynesian. I've been back many times...now I'm 26 and still love it.
    What month were you?

I was there September 1982 when I was 2. I still remember that trip rather well.
    -Tim

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    1996. The year of the God awful cupcake Castle
    Well the Castle Cake was still there in September of 1997. I first visited Disney World for my 50th Birthday, early in September. I visited with my grandson, and my husband. Years later, I asked Sean if he wanted to go back to Disney World with grandma. He would always reply, "No." I finally asked him to explain why he did not want to go, again. He said, "because the castle is not a cake."
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Summer 1972...I was only a 1 year old. And back most every year since...

• Disney-it's a way of life

My first visit was in January of 2001, I was there during Superbowl.. I remember that. And my first time to DL was in 1989, I was 2 and a half. I've been so many times since.. I don't think I can keep track anymore.
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    What month were you?

I was there September 1982 when I was 2. I still remember that trip rather well.
    not sure. october of 82 stands out, but thats probably because Epcot opened in 82. and i don't think i was at epcot's grand opening...THAT, i'd remember. my brother was born in june of 82, so i'm trying to decide if it was more likely that we went when he was a newborn or when my mom was pregnant with him.

• Sailing Away

My first visit was in July 1988, around the 4th. I was a few weeks short of 5 years old. I still remember falling asleep on the parade route and being woken up by the Main St Electrical Parade.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Shablagoo!

1999. First Disney Trip of my modern era of fandom.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew
    not sure. october of 82 stands out, but thats probably because Epcot opened in 82. and i don't think i was at epcot's grand opening...THAT, i'd remember. my brother was born in june of 82, so i'm trying to decide if it was more likely that we went when he was a newborn or when my mom was pregnant with him.
    You know, it may have been in October when we went. I do remember that we were at Epcot.

In fact, I got lost at Epcot that trip.
    -Tim

• secure all cargo

August 24 - September 2, 1999.

I was there while a hurricane was threatening to hit. Therefore, attendance was pretty light for a summer. I never waited longer than 15 minutes for any single ride at MK, Epcot, or MGM. (AK was only about 1 yr old, so it took a bit longer to wait for K Safaris, CtE - now Dinosaur, & Kali River). So here I had minimal ride wait times, and on top of that nothing was closed for off-season refurbishment, no construction walls up or anything.

As it turned out, 2 weeks later a completely different hurricane did in fact hit Orlando, and WDW was closed for the 1st time ever in it's 28 year history up to that point.

Cool Re: First year you visited WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL
    February of 1972. I was 4 years old.
    My first time was in February 1972 also. I was 12. My dad had picked us up and moved us to FL to find a job. After many days/weeks of sitting in a St. Pete hotel room my mom decided we were going to Orlando. It was a surprise! I had read about WDW opening in October but didn't realize at first that was where we were headed. You can imagine my excitement when I did. The day started off sunny but as we reached Orlando, it turned cloudy and rainy. Then we found ourselves caught in a violent thunderstorm. After the rain subsided, it was still overcast and drizzling at times. I remember my brother and I each got yellow rain slickers. I remember taking a picture of the castle which I still have in a special frame. Some of my favorite rides/attractions of the day were: the Huanted Mansion, the Country Bear Jamboree, its a small world, the 20k submarines, the Mark Twain riverboat, they had the characters riding around on the Main Street vehicles, eating in the Crystal Palace. I also remember seeing the monorail but we took a tram in to the gate and I also remember seeing topiaries of Mary Poppins and I guess other characters. My brother and I also got our picture taken in front of the floral Mickey. I don't remember there being a Tomorrowland or Adventureland, although I do remember wating to go up in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Overall I have some very wonderful and happy memories of that day, although it rained all day and the sun never came out in Orlando. My next trip wasn't until June 1997 for the 25th anniversary celebration with the castlecake (which I loved!).
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

December 1975 when I was 8. My dad was/is a graduate of University of Oklahoma and since they were playing Michigan for the championship in the Orange Bowl, he wanted to see the game, and had to keep us kids happy somehow. I remember a few things about it...the Polynesian Resort, America on Parade, Country Bear Jamboree and Space Mountain.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast