View Poll Results: Rate The Timekeeper on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll

1 4.00%

0 0%

2 8.00%

4 16.00%

1 4.00%

0 0%

6 24.00%

4 16.00%

2 8.00%

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Lightbulb A Salute to Timekeeper

Presenting a brand new posting series by yours truly.

This new series will highlight an extinct WDW attraction, and encourages you, the members of Mice Chat, to share memories about the attraction, stories, music, photos, and videos. We also encourage you to rate these extinct attractions, based on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest.

This week we present "The Timekeeper." If you're not all that familiar with "The Timekeeper," it was a circle vision 360 degree show presented in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland, as well as in Disneyland Park Paris and Tokyo Disneyland Park. We're trying to limit discussion to vivid memories of the Walt Disney World version with Robin Williams, but if you've seen the other versions, be sure to chime in and compare what you wish.

Now it's your turn. Share your memories, photos, sounds, stories, fun facts, and home videos with us. Because The Timekeeper deserves it.

And for starters, here's a video presented by MouseTimes.com:

The Timekeeper with Master Audio

Your turn!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: A Salute to Timekeeper

I really liked this attraction. Didn't like the fact that you had to stand but for all intense purposes I can see the point. LOL

I think the story and panoramic pictures were fabulous and that little robot was so cute!

it makes me sad that its gone, because I think it was a good attraction. Not great, hend the 7 rating but it held its own. I do remember it making me laugh, but Robin Williams can make any show look good.

• Shablagoo!

The animatronics were nice.

9 for me. It was one of the key components to keeping the New Tomorrowland so great. It never got old (to me) and it was one of those constantly funny attractions. The humor was never lost for me.

I thought Robin Williams was hilarious (which is rare these days) and the visuals were fantastic.

It will be missed.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

It had a great queue and it fit the feel of New Tomorrowland well. However the show seemed to lack something. I mean it had great AAs, the use of circle-vision was great, and I love when Disney works history into attractions but something about Timekeeper seemed too "history". Maybe because it came from DLP where it was made all cultured and French and all...but it sometimes seemed to lengthy. I'm not a fan of standing for circle vision either.
    I gave it a 7.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

I thought 9 eyes sounded familar.... it's Rhea Perlman.

I gave it an 8 because I loved the video but not the standing up.

• Disney Memory Maker

I gave it a 7. I always loved Robin William's humor and the attraction contains some of my favorite lines. However, I always thought the movie/attraction itself was quite boring & dated. Plus, the fact that we have to stand doesn't help it for me. Personally, I'd rather listen to it on an online Disney radio station then actually see it.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Huh?

I loved it... but, it needed the year updated so it wouldn't be stuck in 2000.

And some of the modern music should've been removed so that it could've been a little more timeless.
    -Tim

• Banned User

i gave it a 3 for two reasons. the first It was too long to have to stand and you couldn't lean or relax on the railings. and while I loved the AA's abd robin williams, the movie really didn't impress me. but then I didn't really like the circlevision movie before it either.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    you couldn't lean or relax on the railings.
    Why couldn't you lean on them? To quote Timekeeper, "I invented rails for you to lean on. I call them ... lean rails. Please do not sit on the lean rails. Because ... they're there to lean on."

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Does standing for 15 minutes really bother you guys?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by dxwwf3
    Does standing for 15 minutes really bother you guys?
    After spending all day walking around the parks, yes.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I gave it a 7. I'm a big Robin Williams fan so I enjoy most everything he's done. But standing the whole time was a bit tiring (especially if I'd been walking alot beforehand). But it was a charming show.

I personally liked it, the scenery, story, and the visual and audio imagery was all what brought it together. I liked it, but I have to make some points about the actors, music used in the US version, and way WDW presented it.

While I've seen the video it looked like a great film. I have my issues though,
    (1) the American soundtrack was not as good as the French soundtrack, even though they have the same composer

(2) Robin Williams gets fairly annoying about one minute in, and he could be funny and serious in this role but it is just nerve racking and takes away from some of the best scenes

(3) I have doubts about Rhea Perlman, most of the times she voices the character well, but it gets kind annoying when Robin Williams cracks a bad joke.

(4) It should have been presented better, the show wasn't advertised, no sponsor, and it need a better queue/entrance. Had WDW management made people notice it and arrange some situation about the standing thing, more people would have came.

I think that the unbuilt Astronomers Club from (Disney Decade) Discoveryland USA would have greatly complemented it and really completed the story.

Here are some links
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Timekeeper
    http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/time.htm
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104307/
    http://www.patmagic.net/levis.htm
    http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/visionarium
    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jean_d...1/22/1403.aspx

Does anybody have any files of just the music?
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 05-12-2006 at 03:12 PM.

• The one, the only...

As a once a year visitor, I looked forward to Timekeeper. The Robin Williams character was amusing and it was a fun experience. I think that Disney rides that are based on movies don't seem to have the longevity that rides do.

I would much rather see Robin Williams' AA than an Incredibles meet and greet.

I just think they could have shown a picture of the future rather than focusing so much on the past. That would have been a wonderful Tomorrowland theme. I also think that it could have been updated with a new movie. Those things might have made the ride last longer.

Now are they turning that building into a futuristic Taco Bell?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast