Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• time to go

Re: ? about Journey into Imagination (original)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    How do you think the new version got Animatronic Figments so quickly? lol
    I just figured they came from Tony Baxter's attic.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Also.... who says they cannot find a way to use the original audio in a new way.... we're in the digital age... it depends how much changes in the 4th incarnation... which, acording to bill, will be related to the first....

• Banned User

They can always take down the Dreamfinder vehicle off the top shelf in MouseGear and put it back in the ride...right Bill?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    They can always take down the Dreamfinder vehicle off the top shelf in MouseGear and put it back in the ride...right Bill?
    That's just one of 5 that were in the turntable sequence.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    How do you think the new version got Animatronic Figments so quickly? lol
    Those little Figment AAs seem much more fluid than the old ones...but okay...if you say so I guess.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    That's not even real. lol

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Those little Figment AAs seem much more fluid than the old ones...but okay...if you say so I guess.
    Amazing how animatronics can work if they're just rehabbed...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Wish #4: Inspired by listening to the soundtrack, please hire a Dreamfinder voice that can sing better than I do in the shower. Thanks.

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Wish #4: Inspired by listening to the soundtrack, please hire a Dreamfinder voice that can sing better than I do in the shower. Thanks.
    You really do not like this attraction do you? I mean I listen to the soundtrack and I love it because it was a fun little song and a fun little attraction. I think everyone went in knowing that it wasn't supposed to be some kind of opera.

Plus doesn't it make you feel better that there is someone out there who sings worse than you do?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Actually, I can have the song stuck in my head for days at a time.

The ride, honestly, no version of it has really done it for me. Although if they made something fairly modern with a bunch of pixie dust on it then I'll give it a second opinion.

I think it's better than World of Motion if that helps.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 05-29-2006 at 11:56 AM.

• keep moving forward...

i think that if a bunch of cast members at disney closed the ride for a month they can get all the stuff from the current version covered up, the old image works opened, the new image works closed and floor taken up for the track, get all the animatronics out from behind those video screens and curtains that hide them in the current ride (to think that we are just five feet away from them when we ride it) dig up the floors to reveal the carousel... then we would have the old ride back with no real revisions to the animatronics...and thats just if we want the old ride back...

go for it john...go for it...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Actually, I can have the song stuck in my head for days at a time.

The ride, honestly, no version of it has really done it for me. Although if they made something fairly modern with a bunch of pixie dust on it then I'll give it a second opinion.

I think it's better than World of Motion if that helps.
    Experiencing it vs a video.. plus doing it as a child makes a world of difference.

The original imageworks was my favorite part of all Epcot.. it had more toys then Communicore did and wasn't as crowded.

One of the best things people didn't realize was you could get to Imageworks without riding the ride simply by coming in the otherside of the building.

I miss the old lobby too.. the current implementation of the building is wretched.. The 'pyramids' are disgustingly dirty and seem to serve no purpose at all for people who hadn't seen the original.

The current 'imageworks' is a shab. Basically 2 'toys' (the light pads and musical direction) and everything else is the kodak picture stations. Sad sad sad.

• 1000th Happy Haunt

When my family went to EPCOT in 1983 the very first pavillion that I dragged my parents and brother to was Imagination (much to the chagrin of my "too-cool" brother.) Since it was still EPCOT's first year, the line was unimaginably long. However, the minute I planted my butt in one of those omnimover seats, I was blown away. It was my favorite attraction, hands-down. Sadly, I was only able to ride it once due to the aforementioned crowds, but the memory of it and the Imageworks was seared into my ten-year-old brain.

It was January of 1997 and I was on my honeymoon the next time I made it to EPCOT. The first thing I headed for was the Imagination pavilion. My wife had never been to EPCOT before, so I was anxious to show her the attraction that had blown me away so many years before. Like I said, it was January so there were no crowds anywhere in any of the parks. We were able to walk right on to the ride. Did it live up to my memory? Abso-frickin-lutely it did! I felt like I was a kid again. I have always loved Disney's dark rides. I truly feel that the Imagineers hit the pinnacle of their design with the period beginning in the mid-sixties and ending with the original EPCOT attractions. After watching the absolutely fantastic tribute video by Martin the other night, I feel more than ever that if Disney truly wants to recapture the "magic" then they need to go back to the idea that quality supercedes cost and marketing potential. Johnny Depp would not be making an appearance at the parks this year had there not been a little ride about pirates that has lasted almost forty years.

Long story short, BRING BACK DREAMFINDER!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456