•   
    • Kerplookee

First Trip to WDW...help?

My g/f and I are planning our first trip to WDW. I have never been there before and would love some suggestions on wedbsites or any tips to save money. I will be traveling from California and we plan to stay for a week in early to mid August. Thanks

• Minion

Re: First Trip to WDW...help?

Hi and welcome!

The two sites I used the most for planning our February trip were allearsnet and Disney's WDW Site

There are quite a few other good sites out there, including Mouseplanet, but I found allearsnet.com not only has the most detailed info, it's also the easiest to navigate.

Good luck with planning and enjoy your trip! Let us know if you have more questions...

Edit: Just checked Disney's website and it looks like they're offering the Disney Dining Plan for free during the time you're out there. If you're staying on Disney grounds, I'd definitely check into it. We paid for the Dining Plan on our trip and it was worth every penny!
    Last edited by Pacha; 05-11-2006 at 12:15 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I also recommend www.mousesavers.com.

• See you there!

Good suggestions so far. I also recommend Steve Soares Site to plan the live entertaiment you want to see. WDW has a plethora of live entertianment.

CU@DL

• Vehicle rotating backward

While it's not related to your request for cost-saving deals, there have been posts here in the past that may answer some questions you have down the road.

Since I'd rather not re-post everything from there all over again, read this thread, which is also about DL fans coming to the World for the first time. Myself and others posted a bunch of information about transportation, must-see attractions, and other stuff from that perspective.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Blog Entries

I also want to remind you that the Dining Plan is free for the time you are planning on going. That means if you stay onsite and book your tickets and room together you will get one counter service meal, one snack and one table service meal for each night you stay! It is great! That and using Disney transportation instead of a rental car will save you money. We are going in September.