Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: My Plans for May 29-Is It Possible?

I think I'm going to go for it, but I have decided to hold myself to VERY strict time limits. My question about alternate forms of transportation (monorail, boat (from MGM to EPCOT via a connecting hotel?)) are whether or not they are more like to screw me out of time or not. I was originally planning to try to take a bus, a monorail, a boat, and the ferry to Magic Kingdom, but I thought I'd be busy enough.

Realistically, even for a crowded day, I think with the help of EMH I can be out of MGM by 10, so that is what I'm setting for myself and I'm dropping Indiana Jones. After that, onward to EPCOT. I'm now considering dropping both of the rides in World Showcase that I planned to do. I'd like to (although I know I probably won't unless I get lucky with Single Rider/Fastpass/short Standy for whatever reason) be out of this park by 12, but I'm giving myself till 1. Then to Magic Kingdom. I'll give myself till 5 here, since it's probably going to require the most time. Finally, Animal Kingdom until 7:30-ish, and I just hope that wherever we agree to meet for dinner isn't too far away or it might make things hard.

I'd like to say thanks for all the help I've gotten so far.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I think I'm going to go for it, but I have decided to hold myself to VERY strict time limits. My question about alternate forms of transportation (monorail, boat (from MGM to EPCOT via a connecting hotel?)) are whether or not they are more like to screw me out of time or not. I was originally planning to try to take a bus, a monorail, a boat, and the ferry to Magic Kingdom, but I thought I'd be busy enough.

Realistically, even for a crowded day, I think with the help of EMH I can be out of MGM by 10, so that is what I'm setting for myself and I'm dropping Indiana Jones. After that, onward to EPCOT. I'm now considering dropping both of the rides in World Showcase that I planned to do. I'd like to (although I know I probably won't unless I get lucky with Single Rider/Fastpass/short Standy for whatever reason) be out of this park by 12, but I'm giving myself till 1. Then to Magic Kingdom. I'll give myself till 5 here, since it's probably going to require the most time. Finally, Animal Kingdom until 7:30-ish, and I just hope that wherever we agree to meet for dinner isn't too far away or it might make things hard.

I'd like to say thanks for all the help I've gotten so far.
    THAT is completely impossible. If you leave MGM by 10 am (which is pushing it), you MAY get to Epcot's main entrance by 10:30 am, in which the possibility of getting a Fastpass for Soarin' by even 1 pm is nonexistent. On a busy day like Memorial Day, it could easily sell out of Fastpasses by noon, so you can guess what timeslot it'd be up to by 10:30 am--easily 3 or 4 pm. You will have to either drop Soarin' from your list to have ANY chance of doing this. It is simply too popular. And the boat from MGM to Epcot is a GREAT way to waste time. It can take 30-40 minutes to make that trip, and then you have to walk all the way from International Gateway to Future World. With waiting for a boat, that could take an hour or more.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I say go for it, I don't think you can do it during the time you will be there. I've been there two different years during Memorial Day weekend and the FP's are gone or the return time is 3-4 hours out and the crowds are huge and don't forget the heat, that will tap you as well.

I admire you for trying and I hope you accomplish it but at that time I don't think it's doable.

Good luck though!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    The Great Movie Ride
    Muppetvision 3D
    Yes first thing in the morning, that is doable in hours. Indy would have screwed you up, the first show could have been as late as 11.

But I don't think on Memorial Day Weekend you can do EPCOT in 2 hours.

I'm considering making substantial changes to make it more likely to actually have FUN that day, rather than trying to get through all of this. I should admit I don't have a whole lot of patience with crowds, but I've also experienced Disneyland at Christmas, so I am used to it. I think I'm going to take it easy and have fun. Also, I'm going to try to do some of the things that I know we won't be doing later in the week. Thus, my new plan is as follows:

MGM (Morning EMH)
    Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (We may do it later, and if we do, this will be taken out)
    The Great Movie Ride

EPCOT
    Test Track
    Mission: SPACE
    Journey Into Your Imagination
    Spaceship Earth
    Living with the Land (Maybe)
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Magic Kingdom
    The Train
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    Splash Mountain
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Stitch's Great Escape (don't ask)
    Maybe some other stuff, I don't know

Animal Kingdom (Evening EMH)
    Dinosaur
    Primeval Whirl
    Kali River Rapids
    Kiliminjaro Safaris
    It's Tough to Be a Bug

With THESE changes, I probably will try to take the different modes of transportation, and I still plan to document everything. I think I just cleared anywhere between 3-4 hours out of my schedule. Then again, my plans will COMPLETELY change if our room isn't ready that early (it was in 2004, but I realize that you should never expect a hotel room to be ready to go at 6 in the morning). Once again, thanks for all the help.

Blog Entries

I'm considering making substantial changes to make it more likely to actually have FUN that day, rather than trying to get through all of this. I should admit I don't have a whole lot of patience with crowds, but I've also experienced Disneyland at Christmas, so I am used to it. I think I'm going to take it easy and have fun. Also, I'm going to try to do some of the things that I know we won't be doing later in the week. Thus, my new plan is as follows:

MGM (Morning EMH)
    Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (We may do it later, and if we do, this will be taken out)
    The Great Movie Ride

EPCOT
    Test Track
    Mission: SPACE
    Journey Into Your Imagination
    Spaceship Earth
    Living with the Land (Maybe)
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Magic Kingdom
    The Train
    Splash Mountain
    Mickey's Philharmagic

Dinosaur
    Primeval Whirl
    Kali River Rapids
    Kiliminjaro Safaris
    It's Tough to Be a Bug

With THESE changes, I probably will try to take the different modes of transportation, and I still plan to document everything. I think I just cleared anywhere between 3-4 hours out of my schedule. Then again, my plans will COMPLETELY change if our room isn't ready that early (it was in 2004, but I realize that you should never expect a hotel room to be ready to go at 6 in the morning). Once again, thanks for all the help.
    Even with that schedule I don't see you doing it. Not on this day. It'll be easier because you'll be going solo, but still impossible on this day. Here's what I would do if I were determined to hit all 4 parks.

MGM
    Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    The Great Movie Ride
    Star Tours (and be willing to cut this if it's close to ten before you even get over there.)
    At this rate I'd estimate you being done with this list by 10.

EPCOT
    Spaceship Earth (unless there's a long line in which case I'd hit it last.)
    Mission: Space
    Test Track
    Soarin
    I'd estimate you being done here by around 2 hopefully. If the lines for Test Track and Soarin are more than an hour each you'll be much later.

Magic Kingdom
    The Train
    Splash Mountain
    With those and a few walkon rides I think you'd be done by 5 PM

Dinosaur
    Primeval Whirl
    Kali River Rapids
    Kiliminjaro Safaris
    Depending on how much EMH thins the crowds you might get through The Safaris otherwise I'm afraid you'd be pushing it.

Just make sure you put yourself on a strict schedule of when you plan to leave each park and be willing to rearrange or cut short depending on how lines are. I honestly don't know how bad they'd be on this day. I'd expect the worse. If it were me I'd only aim for three parks. I really think you'll be rushing so much that you won't even enjoy your time if you try and make all 4. However making three could be doable without giving yourself a headache.

• Banned User

What? No Everest? You must be kidding!!

I have a specific reason for that. I want to ride it the first time with my mom and my aunt. I'm trying to get them keen to the idea of riding it before or after dinner since it has the Evening EMH that day. It's going to be really hard walking past it when I do my Animal Kingdom stuff.

I don't know why anyone would try and do all that in one day. Theorhetically, it might be possible under perfect conditions. More likely you'd wind up doing 65% of what you set out to do and be miserable running around.

Pick one park for half the day, another for the second part and do as much as you desire.

You'll see less, but you'll actually enjoy yourself.

I was thinking of something like that, but I've been to the resort three times before, and I'll be there from the 29-4 on this trip, so I'll have plenty of time to relax and see things. I was just interested in trying to knock out as many of my favorite rides as I could because that would be my idea of an enjoyable day.

I am, however, already considering changing plans again slightly. I was thinking about cutting Magic Kingdom out all together, that way, I could possibly get in multiple rides on ToT and RnRC and whatever else I would like. I would also try to go to Animal Kingdom earlier if I did that.

EDIT: Depending on if I have enough money or not, I was also considering just doing MGM in the morning and then one or two rides at EPCOT and then going and spending some time at Disneyquest since it is going away for good and this will probably be my last time to do it.
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 05-13-2006 at 12:26 AM.

The only other thing I'll tell you is that the 4-park marathon tours are really tiring...I'm not sure I would do it on my first day at the World after driving for 20 hours. It's not really worth doing that if it's going to leave you too exhausted to do anything later (you are young, but so am I and I find a week at Disney tiring--a marathon tour magnifies that). Just advice from someone who's gone to all four parks in one day (and it is fun...you just don't do all that much). By the way, I've only visited WDW during busy seasons--certainly comparable to Memorial Day. I usually get on maybe 3 rides per park before it's time to go somewhere else.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    It's possible to do all that on one day... but not the day you've selected.
    Agreed. Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest weekends in the parks... all of them.

In general, how are crowds usually from May 29-June 4. We've gone on those dates before and never really experienced too much in terms of crowds, but I was wondering if others had input. Also, does anyone know Disneyquest's hours? I tried to find them but I couldn't.

Dude...it is so funny to read all the nay sayers and the fact that you still want to attempt this. I am still behind you...I really want to read that you pulled this off. Sure the crowds may be crazy and it will be more trouble just trying to get from one park to another...but at this point...you have to go for it! Please post, when you get a chance, about how things went. Like I said before...good luck!

In general, how are crowds usually from May 29-June 4. We've gone on those dates before and never really experienced too much in terms of crowds, but I was wondering if others had input. Also, does anyone know Disneyquest's hours? I tried to find them but I couldn't.
    when's the last time you went at that time? Attendance is up a lot this year--I went in late May two years ago and in was crowded, so it will be moreso now.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast