Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

My Plans for May 29-Is It Possible?

Okay, on May 29, I will be arriving with my mom and my aunt at WDW in the early morning after roughly 20 straight hours of a roadtrip to Orlando from Oklahoma. Now, all things about me being tired aside, I wanted to know if it is possible for me to accomplish all of the following in one day. My conditions are this: I am staying on property so I have access to EMH, and I have to be at a yet undecided location for dinner at 8 PM. I would like to know if getting ALL of this done is possible, and how to go about doing so, especially since it is Memorial Day. Our trip is for almost a week, but I want to see if this is all possible in a single day.

What I want to do:

MGM (Morning EMH)
    Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
    The Great Movie Ride
    Muppetvision 3D

EPCOT
    Test Track
    Soarin'
    Mission: SPACE
    Journey Into Your Imagination
    Spaceship Earth
    Maelstrom
    El Rio del Tiempo (or whatever the Mexico ride is called)
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Magic Kingdom
    The Train
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Space Mountain
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Stitch's Great Escape (don't ask)

Animal Kingdom (Evening EMH)
    Dinosaur
    Primeval Whirl
    Kali River Rapids
    Kiliminjaro Safaris
    It's Tough to Be a Bug

Well, there it is. Any and all help for making this possible would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: My Plans for May 29-Is It Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Okay, on May 29, I will be arriving with my mom and my aunt at WDW in the early morning after roughly 20 straight hours of a roadtrip to Orlando from Oklahoma. Now, all things about me being tired aside, I wanted to know if it is possible for me to accomplish all of the following in one day. My conditions are this: I am staying on property so I have access to EMH, and I have to be at a yet undecided location for dinner at 8 PM. I would like to know if getting ALL of this done is possible, and how to go about doing so, especially since it is Memorial Day. Our trip is for almost a week, but I want to see if this is all possible in a single day.

What I want to do:

MGM (Morning EMH)
    Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
    The Great Movie Ride
    Muppetvision 3D

EPCOT
    Test Track
    Soarin'
    Mission: SPACE
    Journey Into Your Imagination
    Spaceship Earth
    Maelstrom
    El Rio del Tiempo (or whatever the Mexico ride is called)
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Magic Kingdom
    The Train
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Space Mountain
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Stitch's Great Escape (don't ask)

Animal Kingdom (Evening EMH)
    Dinosaur
    Primeval Whirl
    Kali River Rapids
    Kiliminjaro Safaris
    It's Tough to Be a Bug

Well, there it is. Any and all help for making this possible would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Wow, well I'm gonna say no. Now I'm not really familiar with the guest patterns during this time of year other than that they are moderate to high, especially for a holiday. Now back when I was on the CP, in say September, there was nobody around, and I honestly can say that I probably would not have been able to put all of those attractions together in one day.

Test Track and Soarin' are gonna cost you a fair chunk of time, as will Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder. Getting around the parks, especially Epcot, takes a great deal of time, and waiting for buses will cost you an hour at least, if you add up all necessary trips plus monorail.

Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller may be a while to wait, it all depends on the time of day and the number of people there. Getting into the parks takes time, rides can break down and fastpass will be popular with the weather, folks don't want to wait in one place very long.

Now hypothetically...

If you make a bee-line to every attraction, without pausing for bathroom breaks or food (with the exception of your dinner, which you may want to make a decision for soon, especially if it's a popular destination), attendance is way lower than expected, and the buses are running frequently and efficiently, then I guess it would be theoretically possible. But with some of those attractions (especially the 3D's) taking well over ten to fifteen minutes for just the duration, and with it being a holiday, I would really say no, it's not possible.

I'll be arriving the same day, so I guess I'll have a chance to see the crowds at the same time as you, here's wishing us the best!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'd have to vote no too. Simply because of the buses and walking.

I would say no also...but man, I would love to see you pull it off. And if you do attempt this...make sure you document it and share it with us. even if you don't pull it off...have a great trip trying.

Okay, this is how I think I may be able to pull this off:

Everything I want to do at MGM, except the GMR and Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, falls under EMH. So I am planning on getting to the park as soon as it opens for EMH (8 am by what I know) and making a beeline for RnRC, then knock ToT out, and then move on To Star Tours, Muppets, and then the GMR (I'm considering taking Indiana out because that's a BIG waste of time). I figure I'm in decent shape if I can get out of the park by 11, but with EMH, I think I can get out around 10, especially if I cut Indy.

From there, I planned to move QUICKLY to EPCOT (trying to figure out if the boat or a bus to another hotel and then to the park would be faster). I would go to Soarin' quickly in order to try and get a Fastpass or Single Rider if they have it. After that, I would move to Test Track and try to Single Rider that as well. From what I hear, Mission: SPACE is a little less crowded so it would be there next. Then onto Norway, Mexico, Imagination Pavilion (I make a weird circle), and then out. Depending on when I get out of MGM, I figure if I get out of here anywhere between 1-3, I'm in DECENT shape, although probably cutting it close.

At Magic Kingdom, I planned to make a quick run through of the Treehouse and then try to figure out what I'm going to do about the massive mess that Splash Mountain and Big Thunder will be. From there, I would ride the train to Tomorrowland or wherever possible, try to figure out how to get Space Mountain out of the way, and then breeze through Philharmagic and Stitch. I hope to get out of this park by sometime between 4-6, depending on how crowds are.

Animal Kingdom would be next, and I'd be banking on the Evening EMH to help me out here. I would try to get Kiliminjaro Safaris out of the way if possible and then move on to Kali River Rapids, ITTBAB, and then knock out the rides in Dinoland USA. I hope to be out of the park by 7:30 to allow to get to wherever I need to be.

I plan to document everything I go to that day, although I'm a bit worried about how to do some of it (Like, what's the best way to keep a camera safe on KRR (I know there is a dry part)).

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I may have my own Pass and another pass on me, so I may be able to use that to help with FP.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions on how to change my plan, they would be greatly appreciated.

• Banned User

it's possible.. But more likely improbable....

That much in a shot time... with a day, which will have kids having fun cause summer is on...

I figured if anyone could help MAKE it possible via hints and such, it would be the people on this board. As another note, I've been to WDW Resort 3 times previously, so I know the general tips and tricks, but if anyone has tips specific to my idea, let me know.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I don't think it's possible. I've tried the four-park marathon day before, and you end up spending about as much time traveling b/t parks as you do in the parks, and with it being Memorial Day, I don't know how this would be possible. Even w/ morning EMH, I cannot imagine leaving MGM before 10 am, and getting to Epcot at 10:30, at which point you would already run into problems since I'm sure Soarin's FP would be up to at least 2 or 3 pm by then on a busy day. There is no way you'd get to the MK before say 4 pm, at which time the lines for the mountains would be easily in excess of 1 hour (splash closer to 2) and you would have trouble there--Fastpass one and Stand-by the other two? Your evening would be done right there. Plus dinner and somehow getting to AK. No way.

Kali has a covered compartment in the middle of your raft for cameras.

You sure you HAVE to do this on memorial day? You'd have a better shot on any different day, especially a night w/ MK evening EMH and one of the other parks in the AM. For example, on June 2nd, morning EMH are at MGM and evening at MK. If you started at MGM at 8 am and got out by 10 and made your way to Epcot, you could be out of there by 3, make your way to AK and then end your evening at the MK, where you'd have till 1 am to do things. I just don't think all of this stuff is possible b/t 8 am and 10 pm on a holiday.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

It's possible to do all that on one day... but not the day you've selected.

Well, I would opt to do it on another day (when I was originally planning it, it slipped my mind that it was going to be Memorial Day), but the 29th is really the only day. The only reason I wanted to do it in the first place is because my mom and my aunt are going to spend the entire day at the pools, and I prefer to do something a bit more exciting.

It is starting to sound like it's going to be hard if not impossible for me to work this out. As for meals, I figure I can grab something from a place that looks the least busy and wait in one of the monstrous lines that I will undoubtedly get caught up in.

But, now I'm interested: Should I go ahead and just give it up now instead of setting myself up for likely failure and take the day at a pace I can enjoy with a lighter itinerary (for instance, I would do either of the Mountain roller coasters in MK the first day if I wasn't trying to see if it was possible) or should I just totally try to do it anyways?

If it helps in terms of gauging stamina or any sort of perspective, I'm 17.

EDIT: Making the (foolish) assumption that all Single Rider Lines at EPCOT will be open, would I be better off switching my EPCOT and Magic Kingdom in terms of order, or is it all a moot point?
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 05-11-2006 at 11:28 PM.

• Banned User

if it were me i would pick two parks one for the morning and one for the afternoon. the most parks we have done was three and that was a very long day.

It may not be probable but I think it would be fun to try. I'm still kind of new around here so I don't have many tips or ideas, but my thinking is this. If you have thought this out, still have about a week left at the park and keep getting feedback from the people who do know (the wonderful posters at MiceChat), then whats the harm in trying. I think that no matter what if you start the day with a positive outlook you will have a great experience. And if later in the day you realize that it won't happen, slow down to a normal pace, but if you don't try how are you to ever know if it can be done.

I love it! You sound like me! What I'd suggest:

Drop Indiana Jones. I'm not sure of the times, but they probably don't even have a show until 10 or so, plus with the length of the show, that's a time killer. Do RNR, TOT, Star Tours & Muppetvision during EMH. If 9:00 hits before you get out of Star Tours, though, hit GMR first, then the Muppets. You'd be out of the park before 10 easily. If you have a car, I'd be driving it, that's the fastest way, and park it at the Boardwalk. At EPCOT, get a fastpass for Soarin', single rider Test Track and Mission: Space, make sure to hit Maelstrom and El Rio as close to 11 AM as possible, then come back to Future World and hit Figment, HISTA, and then hopefully your fastpass time for Soarin' will be there. I'd so Spaceship Earth on the way out of the park, the line should hopefully be a bit shorter by then.

Take the monorail from EPCOT over to MK. This is where you're gonna get stuck, I think. I did Memorial Day and won't do it again, and the Magic Kingdom is going to be bad. You're getting there mid-afternoon, which is also going to be crowded. I have a feeling the return time for Splash fastpasses will be long, but you might get a decent time for Thunder Mountain. Does Splash offer a single rider line? You can try that if they do. My suggestion here is set a time that you are going to leave by and just do as much as you can. If you don't get all three mountains, oh well, but you can still have a good time there. In fact, you might do a few rides. Then walk from MK to Contemporary and take the bus to AK. I have a feeling with Everest open, Animal Kingdom won't be much better in terms of crowds, but especially with EMH, you should be able to do that. Again, you know when you have to leave. If you did drive in the morning, take the bus from AK to Boardwalk and get your car if you parked there, then go to dinner.

I think you'll get derailed from riding everything you want at the MK even if you go before EPCOT, but if you take out the Indy stunt show at the Studios, you'll have a better shot. Best of luck to you, though. Sounds like fun!

• Shablagoo!

I have done the four parks in one day, but it was in October on a weekday. I also wasnt trying to get as many rides in. It was my last day and I was mostly shopping and riding a few favorites and a few I had missed earlier in the week. In alot of ways doing the four parks in one day was fun for the bragging rights of having done it. But I would not call it an immersive experience. Like I said I had already been to the parks earlier in the week.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    It's possible to do all that on one day... but not the day you've selected.
    Exactly. My buddy and I once did an e-ticket ride through (except Dinosaur)...in one day we rode the Safari,, Soarin, Mission: Space, Test Track, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, ToT & RnRC...we started at 9am and ended in Magic Kingdom at 11pm.

Everything you have selected is possible, but that day will more than likely be waaaaaaay overcrowded.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast