• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

My WDW Weekend trip (with photos).

Well, my I-95 Fire Fears were eased Sat morning. There was no detour, no change of roads, no traffic due to fires. So the usual 3am get up got me to the Music at quarter to 8, for a nice speedy check-in with a very nice CM (I spent alot of time CM studying this trip). Parked my car, went to MK.

Waited at all the ropes, off to my first ride: Pooh. Boy did I feel odd. 21 year old male...only person on the Pooh ride. Only person.
    So I did Fantasyland, the Haunted Mansion, then to Tomorrowland. Breakdowns. First from the TTA, Space Mountain broke down. Saw it with lights on!!!
    Then got off went on Buzz. It broke down, and was completely reset. Walkway railings popped up, scores were cleared. But it broke down again and I got 999,999 in my right gun and 500,000 on my left gun. I get off Buzz, TTA breaks down.
    I did Adventureland, TSI, Country Bears, Dole Whip, Lunch at Casey's, Splash Mountain. I had done everything I could ride at 3:30, did my FP Splash at 4. It was not empty but no crowded at all. By 2:30 Toontown and Fantasyland were packed, but not with long lines. Pooh was 30 minutes. By 3:30 Splash at 50 mintues was the longest wait time of the day.

Went to hotel, given smoker room, had to waste time getting a new room (In Country Music) and then went to EPCOT. Rode Figment, went on SSE, El Rio, and then died of shock. Maelstrom not only had a line, it was out the door. I though it was 1997 for a moment. Ate in Germany , went on Maelstrom with FP, had a margarita, watched Illuminations.

I do question if Illuminations had a fire though...suddenly just before the finale, (I was by the Friendship Launch outside Mexico) two watching CMs hoped in a boat, and took off fast! This boat's front was out of the water. This is during the fireworks of the finale...and as everything came to a close there was still fire at water line either on a center island or land by France. But who knows.

Morning (this is becoming long) took me back to EPCOT. Scary. 8 am, they had turnstiles open, no problem, walk in, they didn't even have all the ropes up. No one said anything. So I wander Millenium Plaza for a while, people are coming in and either going to Mothers Day Brunch or Princess Breakfast. Someone finally said to me to stay behind the half set up ropes ( I was not the only one, saw a family later that wander to the Land and had to be seated and watched till the crowd came). 8:50...I am standing at the ropes with only 4 other guys who just wandered in. At 9 a small group came to the ropes, certainly not a crowd at all. But I was practically the only guest in EPCOT's hub for 40 minutes!

Anywho, I went back to EPCOT for Soarin, Mission:Space, and UoE. UoE was closed for rehab. Grr. So at 10:30 I found myself entering the Seas of Turtle Talk, and laughing at myself and walking out. This line was absurd!!! Makes me wonder how bad it will be to see the Nemo ride when it opens.
    I walked to MGM, had a nice trip on Muppets, lunch at the Commissary, and I left 1 hour and 30 min before my usual time because I was in no mood to drive home and I figured sooner was better than later.

Good Things I noticed:
    -CoP ran great! It looks like the walls were redone! All good. Could use new seats though.
    -Splash ran great! Everything worked. Name a ride effect, it was on!!! A++++++ WDW!!!
    -El Rio Del Tiempo. For existing.
    -Margaritas and fireworks.
    -Lack of crowds with long hours!
    -Flower & Garden show. Not a flower man myself but it was still nice to see.
    -The attempt at the All-Star Music to theme it more than the Sports. The Music is the nicest of the All-Star hotels.

The Bad
    -PoTC being closed. But even worse around the area where they are building the new marquee they station an Aladdin CM. Not only is this guy out of place, he was just...well deranged maybe. Anyone goes near the box he sorta tells them Pirates is closed (no $**! I read the sign) and tries to hustle them away. And he was scary too. Dammit Disney, if I want to go near the box let me! And get Aladdin CMs out of Caribbean Plaza!!!
    -EPCOT parking. I was on a bus, and boy was I glad. Post-5pm they had one ticket booth open to collect parking money...and about 15 cars deep on both sides. I saw the same thing as TDLFan.
    -SSE...yeah it could use a rehab. All I'll say.
    -Country Bears. Now I don't usually complain about rides/shows conditions, but Country Bears is in bad shape! Speakers crackle, the bears are off...it needs a good solid rehab.
    - Now Disney still has thier old Canoes from Frontierland. What is wrong with management that not only does the Riverboat's rehab keep spiraling out of control, but they do nothing to add life to the river. Maybe the Keelboats are all gone, but would it kill them to take a rare step and add back the canoes temporarily?

Now to clerify, I was unable to ride any coasters. No Everest. No Space. No RNRC. Technically I cheated going on Splash. I pulled out my neck at work 3 weeks ago...and stupid me just as it got better I rode Deja Vu which it all up. Now seeing as I am on Muscle Relaxers and a pain killer I had to stay off. It was a sad day.

It was a good trip overall! Photos are coming.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Re: My WDW Weekend trip (with photos).

Heh I was at MK on Saturday too.

The Village Fry Shoppe.

The area where the new Pirates Marquee will be.

Now in my 11+ years as a regular visitor I have never seen this, EVER! ALL 3 TSI RAFTS IN USE AT ONCE!!

Walls around Timekeeper.

Space Mountain with Lights on.

It was the 2006 International Flower & Garden Festival by the way.

The Viking ship is now off limits.

Future home of a ride entrance?

I leave you with this. Yes, this is a Ford Ranger going 70+mph down I-4 with people in the back. Welcome to the South.

I'm not sure if I am able to do this but I have more photos up on my site here and Flower & Garden Photos here.

A few more because I like sharing photos.
    Jedi Training Stage is up.

Its a Wonderful Shop was open!!

For fun, the SeaCab tube.

The American Adventure at night, taken over by Maleficent.

And finally, Illuminations.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Jedi Academy stage has been up for 2 or 3 weeks now. There's talk of it becoming a permanent thing since it's so popualr with the ankle-biters.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Maelstrom not only had a line, it was out the door. I though it was 1997 for a moment.
    You mean 1987, right?

Anyone goes near the box he sorta tells them Pirates is closed (no $**! I read the sign) and tries to hustle them away. And he was scary too.
    This is not the first report of this, too. I'd say if he's really that bad, go to guest relations. Although if I had a large group of people I'd arrange a get-together where we go investigate the Pirates wall all at the same time. Just because stupid gits like that get my goat. =b

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    You mean 1987, right?
    No you used to get lines like that back in the 25th Anniversary of the resort.

And not 87 considering it opened in 88.

Get your goat. Lol.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Really? It looks so damned old. I thought it came from the "spiraling out of control" takeover years.

• Former Epcot CM

-Splash ran great! Everything worked. Name a ride effect, it was on!!! A++++++ WDW!!!
    You have no idea how much you just made my day. When I rode it in Oct it saddened me that so much of the ride was not working properly. You have made it sound great! I cannot wait to get back there![/quote]
    - Now Disney still has thier old Canoes from Frontierland. What is wrong with management that not only does the Riverboat's rehab keep spiraling out of control, but they do nothing to add life to the river. Maybe the Keelboats are all gone, but would it kill them to take a rare step and add back the canoes temporarily?
    I completely agree. Even my dad, who likes Disney the least out of my family, commented last Oct that the River looked dead and lifeless without the Liberty Belle, as that is the only thing on the River and it is being refurbed. I cannot wait to see it back this Oct.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

tloolgb, you mean to tell me you came to WDW and didn't even give me a courtesy call??? Hmmm... Be that way then!

Well I am sorry. I did not know you would be up for an EPCOT visit. I will make sure to let you know next time I am back in WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    You have made it sound great! .
    It was, the Brer Rabbit projection, the hopping rabbit, both working. Even the jumping fountains in front of the logs in the Laughing Place were working!!! Those have been off for a while.

My one gripe is the waterfall before the Zip-A-Dee Finale room, while it has been turned back on, is not up to its full rage anymore...which is fine by me...but it never got repainted, so it is a strip of brown instead of Splash Mtn Red...but you sail by it...and its paint not an effect.

• Former Epcot CM

Yay!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort