Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Looking for the Mouse!

Cool Where have YOU been- what is THE best Park?

So I just posted on another thread that got me thinking about the "bigger picture". It was the 'when did you first come to WDW' thread.

What I want to know is where else have you been- and what is the BEST park out there. Period. All things considered- atmosphere, rides, attractions, price, cast/staff, etc.

Here is my list:
    WDW: 1986, 2006
    Cypress Gardens: 1986
    Sea World: 1986
    Disney Land visit 2002
    Six Flags Astroworld: Season Tickets 1997 1998 1999
    Six Flags Mid America Season Tickets 2000
    Camp Snoopy (Knottsberry Farms) Mall of America- 2001

WDW is ABSOLUTELY the best overall place to visit- no exceptions.
    Mark Bee
    Host of the Internationally Syndicated
    Radio Program "Blades Of Blue"!
    http://www.bladesofblue.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Where have YOU been- what is THE best Park?

Okay,

Walt Disney World Yearly since 79', Monthly since 2004 AP Holder
    Busch Gardens Newly AP holder last month
    Adventure Island: See above.

I have Walt Disney World for those once a month weekend trips and Busch Gardens every couple weekends for the Land of the Dragons. I have to say that the LotD makes Pooh bears playful spot look like a wooden swing set in the ghetto.

Heck, I want to play on it. LOL Since we live about a 10 minute drive from Busch Gardens/Adventure Island I went ahead and sprang for the APs.

My only problem with Busch Gardens is you have the "older" crowd, a lot less strollers and a lot more women in clothing two sizes to small walking around drunk holding a Budweiser.

• Minion

1. WDW every 2 years or so since 1993 (I think my first visit was '93)
    2. DL in Sept. 2005
    3. Six Flags Great America many times since the early 80's.

My fave park is WDW, but DL is a very, very close 2nd. Plan on getting back to WDW in 2009, possibly sooner, and really want to get my family to DL at least once before I croak.

Six Flags can't hold a candle to any Disney park. Period. The theming is lame to non-existent, rides are unimaginative, the water park there sux and the food is overpriced and mediocre. Only advantages for us is that it's a 1.5 hour drive versus having to fly 1000+ miles to CA or FL and the kids like it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I went to Cedar Point, in Sandusky, Ohio, a few years ago. Although, I had a very nice time, and I liked their waterpark, I just kept comparing it to WDW.

Now that was before I had been to Disneyland. Disneyland Park is now my favorite Park. It used to be the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.

• Banned User

Disneyland Park. But of course.

Blog Entries

Disneyland - At least twice a month for the past 10 years. Almost the same for DCA since about 2002.
    WDW - Twice (2004 and 2005)
    Universal Studios Hollywood - Many times
    Knott's Berry Farm - Many times
    Six Flags Magic Mountain - Last time in 2001
    Universal Studios Florida - 2004 and 2005
    Islands of Adventure - 2004 and 2005

I guess if you are counting the entire WDW resort as one park then it too would be my favorite, but if only one individual park then it has to be Disneyland. There is no place I would rather be. It is where Walt was, so the magic can not be the same anywhere else.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Disney World: First visit, probably 94 maybe 92. Last visit, Saturday (Around 16+ visits)
    Sea World, Orlando: First visit, somewhere between 92-94. Last visit, 2001 (Around 5 visits)
    King's Dominion: 1980s (Around 2 visits)
    Bush Gardens, Williamsburg: 1980s (Around 3 visits)
    Bush Gardens, Tampa: 2005 (1.5 visits)
    Universal Studios, Orlando: First visit? 95ish, Last time, Late 90s. Maybe 98 (Around 8+ visits)

Best overal park? Probably WDW.

Disneyland Paris. I really think it is the most beautiful of all the Disney parks. Sorry guys but, I think it is prettier than the original. the gardens and landscaping is fantastic and the castle is s sight to behold and to just wander around taking in the beauty of the stain glass windows , the tapestry that lights up and watching the spinning wheel spin, and the statue of sleeping beauty and her prince and visiting the dragon's lair under the castle. WDW comes in second with DLR third, next would be Busch Gardens Williamburg, and the USOand IOA.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Canobie Lake Park -NH.
    Storyland -NH.
    Six Flags New England -MA.
    Six Flags over Georgia -GA.
    Paramount's Carowinds -NC/SC.
    WDW -FL.

WDW is by far the best. But as far as coasters I would have previously said SFNE for it's Superman, Batman, Pandemonium combo...but now possibly SFoG's Superman, GASM, Goliath Combo.

WDW...1976, 1977, 1990-1998. 2002-2004.
    DL...lived in OC for six years between 82 and 88...numerous times.
    Knotts Berry Farm...same as above.
    Six Flags Magic Mountain...same as above.
    Six Flags Great Adventure...three times.

WDW is my favorite...can't wait to get back. DL is just as amazing. Kinda like Knotts...special place in my heart. Six Flags is great...when one is in their teen's.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I have to say that the LotD makes Pooh bears playful spot look like a wooden swing set in the ghetto.
    Best comment so far in this topic.

My only problem with Busch Gardens is you have the "older" crowd, a lot less strollers and a lot more women in clothing two sizes to small walking around drunk holding a Budweiser.
    I do not care for the beer drinking either but I miss the days when you could walk at the MK without being run over by a stroller.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    That would be in the USA Bill...but not when you take in concideration the international parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wfoxx
    Disneyland Paris. I really think it is the most beautiful of all the Disney parks.
    I agree DLP is the prettiest DL park, but also the filthiest at times, reason why I can not bring myself to recommend it.

NOW...

To answer the original question...
    Quote Originally Posted by markbee
    what is the BEST park out there. Period. All things considered- atmosphere, rides, attractions, price, cast/staff, etc.
    That would be TOKYO DISNEY RESORT as a whole. Both TDL and TDS are properly overstaffed to habdle the guests' demands, both are the cleanest parks in the World, TDS is the most immersive park in terms of atmospheres, TDL has all the best E-rides from both MK and DL, both parks are currently priced at under $52 per 1-day ticket, both parks have the most varied eateries of any Disney park on Earth, both parks put on the most lavish and varied special events of any Disney parks on a regular basis, TDR is one of the most accessible parks ever built by Disney. etc etc etc ...
    WDW, with all it's expansiveness, DLP with all it's beauty, and not even HKDL with it's scenic beauty come close to the GEM that TDR is terms of overall excellence and quality all around.

Now mind you.. I too have been to other parks outside Disney.. All 3 Universal Resorts (The one is Osaka is the best one for similar reasons why TDR is the best when compared to it's siblings), Sea Worlds.... (San Antonio has the best park in overal quality and ride/show availability), Busch Gardens...(while I do love the Tampa one, I give the edge to the Williamburg location simply because it's a lovely area and the park is stunningly nice for a non-Disney park. Lastly... my sentimental vote goes to Cypress Gardens... not much when compared to the big wigs, but a lovely spot to visit once in a while...
    Finally.. the shame trophy goes to 6-flags Magic Mountain, park with so many thrills, yet sucks in theming, and the crowd there is scary at times...

...and there you have it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I agree. The best atmoshpere IMO, and it has unique rides as well. It's by far the best Magic Kingdom style park. However, the best resort would be TDR because it has DisneySea!

There's something about TDL that just doesn't feel Disney to me. It gives me the same feeling I get at Magic Kingdom in WDW. The moment I walk into Disneyland, I get a true sense of Disney magic. Maybe because it was Walt's original and knowing that he built it himself, but I, as well as many others consider Disneyland to be the best "theme park" in the world.

• Banned User

I agree the original DL has an intimacy and charm unique of it's own, hands down. But in regards to the original question.."all things concidered".. TDL/TDS definitely.

• Minion

When I say this, I'm talking about one park alone, not the entire resort. So if I were to compare Disneyland to any other Disney park, this would be a general guideline:

Atmosphere: Disneyland has the best atmosphere by far. It just has that magic! The other parks have too wide pathways, yet have less attractions. Plus, it has my favorite castle.

Attractions: Most of Disneyland's attractions are unique to the park. It also has the most attractions out of any Disney park. Especially Indiana Jones Adventure, which I prefer over DisneySea's after experiencing it fully after the refurb. Also, all of the attractions are in Japanese which lowers the immersion for me.

Entertainment: Nothing can beat the original Fantasmic! and Remember...Dreams Come True. Disneyland also has the excellent Parade of Dreams. IMO, Disneyland has the best entertainment out of any Disney park. Having the shows in Japanese kind of ruins the atmosphere for me.

Price: Disneyland is a bit pricey. Around $50-something dollars for a one day ticket. However....Disneyland doesn't get as crowded as TDL or TDS.

Cast members: I agree with you on this one. Even though not all of them can speak English, or "good" English...they are helpful and friendly.

• Will return Soon...

Been to-

Luna Park Melbourne, Aust
    Dreamworld Gold Coast , Aust
    Warner bros. Movie world Gold Coast , Aust
    Wonderland Sydney, Aust (now closed)
    Sega World Sydney, Aust (now closed)

Seaworld San Diego
    Universal Studio's Hollywood
    Disneyland, Anaheim
    Disney's California Adventure, Anaheim
    Disney MGM Studios, WDW
    Magic Kingdowm, WDW
    Disney's Animal Kingdom, WDW
    EPCOT, WDW

The Best, I love for overall WDW, its so relaxing and huge! i love that i dont have to leave the place for a week or more and have everything i need and not go into the real world.

But best Park, Disneyland, Anaheim, its just the BEST and you all know why,

The worse, Dreamworld Gold Coast, Aust. Its just blah after being overseas. crap six flags themeing dirty old rides that hurt alot!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast