• Looking for the Mouse!

Guide, Guide, everywhere a Guide

What do you think is the BEST WDW guide available?

If you had to pick just one!

I would pick the Passporter.

We got ALL of them we could find, and that book really stood out as the best for us.
    Mark Bee
    Host of the Internationally Syndicated
    Radio Program "Blades Of Blue"!
    http://www.bladesofblue.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Guide, Guide, everywhere a Guide

I agree, passporter all the way.

I do like the Unoffical Guides though, they tend to cover that less beaten path and give great tips. Like don't follow the crowd, chances are you will get there quicker.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I always purchase the Passporter. I am presently using mine, extensively, to plan my Disney World vacation coming up in July. I always look forward to it coming out. They do a pretty good job, keeping up with all the changes happening at WDW.

Passporter will also be releasing a Disneyland Passporter in the very near future. I am presently waiting to read in my Passporter newsletter that the books have been shipped under their preorder system. I am planning to have a Disneyland Passporter, accompany me, on my trip to Disneyland in August.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I would also recommend www.touringplans.com The planning geek in me LOVES this website because it gives a statictical analysis of the crowd levels based on previous years. Then it tells you on a 1-10 scale what parks are the busiest, what the crowd level will be and even which park is the best to visit on each day.

• Banned User

I'm the best guide.

Though Deb's AllEarsNet.com is excellent. I tend to not like printed guides because they never keep the information up to date.

• WDW FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I'm the best guide.
    No, I am THE BEST GUIDE....

• Banned User

Copy cat.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm the best guide.

Though Deb's AllEarsNet.com is excellent. I tend to not like printed guides because they never keep the information up to date.
    I'll give you that title Bill, only if you can lead me to the VMK kiosk and get me a TON of VMK codes. LOL Totally kidding.

Remember, Bill is the oh mighty guru of infinite WDW wisdom, he knows all.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well since neither one of you are me niether one of you could possibly be the best guide.

OHHHH!! How do you like them apples?

• Banned User

I'm the best guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    No, I am THE BEST GUIDE....
    Actually, neither of you. I AM the best and funniest guide (based on countless reviews from guests who have taken the walk with me around the parks). I come equipped with 34 yrs of WDW experience and countless stories to enhance your visit to WDW, and as an added bonus... I can tell you how WDW differs from the other parks at any single time of your visit... EG- how the MK's castle is different from TDL's...etc etc etc. Not too many people can enhance your visit to WDW as I can. Stay clear from those printed books... they add nothing but ideas and lack the surprise WOW factor of a well thrown fact or story you never knew about any area in particular of WDW.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

so far, i've gotten the passporter & the unofficial guide. i really liked the passporter & got through that fairly quickly, although i will definitely be going back through it several times, i'm sure. i'm debating whether or not to get the birnbaum's book or not. i do like deb's site, but i like to have something i can hold in my hand.

i'm about halfway through the unofficial guide & i'm just not sure about the tone of the writer. it seems very unfriendly and does not put me in a good mood for a vacation. everytime i read it, i feel stressed. also, he puts in a lot of letters from readers who write in after their vacations & complain about his touring plans and advice. i'm sure he does this so he can say he provides balance in his book, but a lot of them really undermine his approach & makes me wonder if i should follow it at all. on the other hand, it does seem to have some good tips & the touring plans are extensive.
    <o>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i'm about halfway through the unofficial guide & i'm just not sure about the tone of the writer. it seems very unfriendly and does not put me in a good mood for a vacation. everytime i read it, i feel stressed. also, he puts in a lot of letters from readers who write in after their vacations & complain about his touring plans and advice. i'm sure he does this so he can say he provides balance in his book, but a lot of them really undermine his approach & makes me wonder if i should follow it at all.
    What an idiotic approach for a book that's supposed to help you. Doesn't the author understand he has to lie and make you feel WDW is all worth it (just like they do on those planning Disney dvds?) so you can buy the book, bite the bait and GO there?

• Prefect

Blog Entries

^what's the point of writing a book to help you plan your vacation that makes you ticked off at the author? it doesn't make me not want to go to WDW. it just makes me not want to buy anymore of his books.
    <o>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Actually, neither of you. I AM the best and funniest guide (based on countless reviews from guests who have taken the walk with me around the parks). I come equipped with 34 yrs of WDW experience and countless stories to enhance your visit to WDW, and as an added bonus... I can tell you how WDW differs from the other parks at any single time of your visit... EG- how the MK's castle is different from TDL's...etc etc etc. Not too many people can enhance your visit to WDW as I can. Stay clear from those printed books... they add nothing but ideas and lack the surprise WOW factor of a well thrown fact or story you never knew about any area in particular of WDW.
    Hmm, starting in July I'll be game for a meet. I'll have to take the TDLFAN tour... it sounds very interesting.