Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

WDW Veterans, What are you most looking forward to, on your next WDW vacation?

I am asking this question to those of you, who visit WDW a lot. What are you most looking forward to on your next trip to the world?

I am visiting in July. I have visited WDW, 4 times before, and although perhaps that doesn't qualify me as a veteran, I look at my next vacation a little different.

I know what rides I like, and I plan on experiencing them, but I want this vacation to be a little more relaxing. I want to hang out more at the resorts. I plan on spending one of my days almost totally at the GF, where I am staying for 2 nights at the end of my trip.

I am looking forward to a good deal of time, just browsing in Downtown Disney. I hope to finally make it to the Adventurer's Club.

I am looking forward to using the Photo Pass system a lot, to get photos of all those park icons. Pictures that I don't seem to get on my own. I plan to smile a lot.

I am taking tea at the GF. I have done this before, and I especially look forward to it.

So, if you have been to WDW before, and you think you "know the ropes", what are you most looking forward to on your next trip?
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: WDW Veterans, What are you most looking forward to, on your next WDW vacation?

Well for me, I have Mac in the next few days. So there are a few reasons why I am looking forward to this weekend.

1. I'm going alone, without children. I figured my 6ry old would be bored watching momma take pictures of a chicken all day. LOL
    2. Since I'm visiting Epcot I will be able to take everything at MY pace and really enjoy and appreciate the countries and the little nooks and crannies that I didn't notice before.
    3. Taking Mac the chicken on her Disney World tour.
    4. Looking for the staircase after Journey Into Imagination (We've been talking about it on another thread, so now I want to look for it. ) LOL
    5. Going on Everest for the second time EVER. My daughter doesn't do roller coasters, so I have to cram that in on Sat. LOL

Re: WDW Veterans, What are you most looking forward to, on your next WDW vacation?

MY Wife and I are going in July and I have been 6-7 times and after going commando for our honeymoon we plan to relax this time. That is what I am looking forward a relaxing vacation by the pool...going to the parks and actually sitting down at various restaurants having "adult" dinners We plan to eat at Epcot most nights (using the dining plan and reservations already made!) and for her birthday she decided to do the Luau. So I think the best part about it is because I'm going with someone who has a different outlook on vacations, I'm going to see Disney in a whole new light.

• Shablagoo!

Expedition Everest

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

What am I looking the most forward to?

Just being in WDW. It never gets old, and the novelty never wears off.

• Banned User

I always look forward to a clean park and nice interaction with CMs. Being very familiar with the rides and offerings at all other Disney Resorts worldwide and knowing they are for the most part better than WDW's versions, I do not look forward to rides at WDW, except for those I feel are unique or superiors. BTW... I also look forward to the day FP will be totally eliminated.

• Minion

Wow, I'd have to say the whole thing - just the experience of being there I mean. We get there about every 2-3 years and that isn't nearly often enough. Haven't found another place on this planet that I find as relaxing and fun as WDW.

If I had to pick specific things, I'd pick things missed on our last trip:
    Haunted Mansion
    Festival of the Lion King
    Illuminations: RoE (I saw it, family didn't)

• Sailing Away

I'm looking forward to riding PotC again! Since it was closed when I was there, the trip just wasn't quite the same.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    except for those I feel are unique or superiors.
    <- Interested to know which ones those would be.

• Banned User

Unique: What's not avail at other resorts... Stitch Great Escape, Test Track, Mission: Death, Everest..etc etc to name a few.

Superior: Attractions found at other Resorts but are better or equal in quality at WDW..such as Soarin or Lights,Motors, Action!, but honestly.. I can't think of many cloned versions that are superior at WDW over the other resorts since our versiona at WDW seemed to be lacking in some areas (effects, lighting, AA quality, overal design etc) as opposed to their twin relatives at other Disney resorts.

• Banned User

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is a tad better here.

And I think Haunted Mansion could be better if the proper budget to rehab was given.

Not much else is actually "better"

I suppose Pooh might be better here than at DLR, but not better than TDR's.

• Self Congratulative

I miss being there all in the same... oh yeah... and having my wallet raped out of my hands. Yes. I meant raped. I tried just directly burning my paycheck before... but it just didn't feel the same as being there.

Really though, I'd like to see PoC with the updates and just to take in the atmosphere.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is a tad better here.
    Because??...

ink Haunted Mansion could be better if the proper budget to rehab was given.
    Agreed. First time I rode the original HM at DL, I was entertained by the better queue after you exit the stretching room, but was disappointed by the fact the ride was shorter, missing the long photo corridor and library. Our HM could be much more improved if they redid it with the abandoned look of TDL's and added some of the updates done to DL's, some of the tricks they put in DLP's Manor, and added those little TDL props such as the walking book on the Library floor and the stretching portrait in the hallway leading to Leota's room.

Not much else is actually "better"
    You know your facts.

I suppose Pooh might be better here than at DLR, but not better than TDR's.
    I too find DL's version of Pooh superior which is why I found it odd they decided to redo WDW's version in HKDL without nothing new added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggart
    I'd like to see PoC with the updates and just to take in the atmosphere.
    Then go see it at DL, because (as usual) WDW will get the cheaper version upgrade, while DL will get the full treatment in their rehab. Yet another reason why WDW is lacking, and seems to be by the company's own doings.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll be there Saturday and just being there and escaping reality (I am completely burned out from work) is going to wonders for me.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Being there with MiceChatters. Staying at the Beach Club. We haven't been to WDW since 2000, so there are a few new things we won't want to miss.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast