Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• out & about

Official thread of the 2006 Star Wars Weekends

Post all your pics and stories about the 2006 Star Wars Weekends here in this one thread to create the ultimate in Star Wars Weekend geekdom and to make anyone who didnt/couldnt go jealous!

Its 8:23am now and Im walking out the door. May the Force be with you!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

Re: Official thread of the 2006 Star Wars Weekends

Whoa! The first day of my first Star Wars Weekend has come and gone. And what a day it was. I feel overwhelmed. It was great in so many ways. I cant even begin to tell you everything that made it a truely magical experience. So instead Ive compiled a few photographs that I think represent the day at its best.

Side Note: While I was there for a good portion of the day I wasnt able to cover it all. Im planning on going again tomorrow so dont worry.

Storm Troopers gaurd the entrance to the Studios

First stop... Jedi Mickey. Can you tell I was excited?

The facade of Star Tours

Me, Mace & Shaak Ti

What?

Rick (Ep i, ii & iii producer) & Peter (Chewy) sign autographs

Its only 10am pal. You better get comfy.

Making sure everything is kosher.

Bounty Hunter, Aurra Sing... Im pretty sure she was into me!

Even with all the hype of Star Wars the Red SPD Power Ranger still knows how to pack the house... and his spandex!

Jedi Mickey lead the way in the celebrity motorcade.

These Saabs are a step up from the usual crap cars the use for the Disney Stars and Motorcars Parade.

Gotta love the Tusken Raiders.

The Darths...

...Followed by the boss.

Little guy... big car.

After the parade the celebrities and characters posed on the training academy stage for the ultimate photo op. Presented by Mr Davis.

Tatooine Traders was packed.

(left) Me and her Majesty. (right) Me and an Ewok.

Storm Troopers gave a very good pre-show leading into the celebrity talk show.

Here Warick tries to persuade Rick into replacing Harrison Ford in the 4th Indiana Jones movie. Rick laughed... with him not at him.

Goodies I found in the merch shop... "Wickets Wherehouse". The Jedi Mickey "big fig" goes for $150. and worth every penny.
    Last edited by WRDup; 05-20-2006 at 10:40 AM.

WplusK.com

• Having a Grand Day!

Did Don Solo (Donald Duck dressed as Han Solo) and PluBacca (Pluto dressed as Chewbacca) eventuate, or was it just that 'Mouse' again. (I'm a Donald Loyalist )

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Did Don Solo (Donald Duck dressed as Han Solo) and PluBacca (Pluto dressed as Chewbacca) eventuate, or was it just that 'Mouse' again. (I'm a Donald Loyalist )
    Ive only heard tales of the so-called "Don Solo" & "PluBacca" characters. The werent listed on any of the promo material (guest or cm). Although I would really love to see them Im not holding my breath. I leave for home next Friday so if they dont show by Sunday Im s.o.l.

On a side note... you prob wouldnt like to learn that at our CP graduation Donald was the only member of the fab 4 without a graduation cap and gown. looks like youve got some PR to do.
    Last edited by WRDup; 05-19-2006 at 05:32 PM.

WplusK.com

• out & about

See...

Last edited by WRDup; 05-19-2006 at 05:31 PM.

WplusK.com

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    Although I love the theatrical old-school-style of this, I like last year's logo better.

Also, was Darth Tater there again this year?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Although I love the theatrical old-school-style of this, I like last year's logo better.

Also, was Darth Tater there again this year?
    Ive seen a few logos that i like better than this one... but its not bad. The logos they put on the shirts are horribly ugly.

I didnt see any Darth Taters but they did have a clone trooper version.

WplusK.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Nice, thanks for sharing.

Yeah I missed the Star Wars Parade last year, and I went on the extended week of them...so the merch line was huge, but there was nothing special left for merch, and no celebs that weekend.

Did you go see Millionaire SW?

(from last year)

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for all the pics. What were the lines like for Star Tours and meeting characters?

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Nice, thanks for sharing.

Did you go see Millionaire SW?
    I opted out of seeing the SW edition of Who wants to be a Millionaire. The line for Darth Vader was getting long so I went with Darth before it got out of control. Im going back tomorrow morning so I might catch it then.

My friends however saw SW Millionaire friday morning and some 15 yr old high school junior won the whole shabang! Thats right... him and his family get a FREE Disney Cruise! Sweet huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Norrinradd76
    What were the lines like for Star Tours and meeting characters?
    You know the lines for the characters werent too bad. We waited only about 3 minutes for Jedi MIckey... and the other hand I ended up waiting about 45 min for Darth Vader. As the day prgressed the lines got longer. My advice to anyone who is going is to get there early and hustle. We waited like 30 min for Chewy but he was on break and was taking too long to come back so we ditched him (settled for the Ewok) and headed over to the celebrity talk show. Way worth it. The Stormtropper pre-show was one of my fav parts of the day. I want to see it again tomorrow to film it. If I get a chance to I will definetly share it with you.
    Last edited by WRDup; 05-20-2006 at 12:44 PM.

WplusK.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    My friends however saw SW Millionaire friday morning and some 15 yr old high school junior won the whole shabang! Thats right... him and his family get a FREE Disney Cruise! Sweet huh?
    Yeah when I saw it it went from a father to the son then back to the father then back to the son (******* beat me by a second for the hotseat). Nothing like Disney-AP holding Star Wars geeks to hang out in Millioniare all day.

and the other hand I ended up waiting about 45 min for Darth Vader.
    Yeah I missed him.

We waited like 30 min for Chewy but he was on break and was taking too long to come back so we ditched him (settled for the Ewok)
    I love that, because even back int he day they'd have Chewie and the Ewoks out outside of Star Wars Weekends. That's how I've met them.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just got home. OMG what a blast! I still need to edit and upload my pics (got around 60 to go through). The Anakin character was back and he really is a total dead ringer for Hayden Christansen. I was shocked.... he was just dead on! Now if only they could get an Obi-Wan character like that... hehehehe!!!

I waited maybe 30 minutes for Vader but it was worth it. I found it hilarious he had a longer line than Jedi Mickey did! The funny part was while waiting in line, Vader went outside for a few minutes. The next kid in line was dressed like a Jedi and his dad took a couple pics of him by himself against the star destroyer backgtound. When Vader came back in the kid was shaking his head as if to say "I don't want my pic with him! He's the bad guy!" and he looked like he was going to burst into tears. A bunch of us were trying so hard not to laugh.

Saw the last show if the Jedi Academy and this little kid that got picked (was probably no more than 3 or 4) was totally going after Vader. It was hilarious. The whole crowd was howling.

Did you see the Hyperspace Hoopla? OMG I was about died laughing! Funniest thing I had seen in a long time! If you've never seen a wookie dance, then you HAVE to see this show.

Oh yeah, first time I rode Star Tours I had a FastPass (standby was 30 min around 12:50pm). Second time it was practically a walk-on (around 5:00 or so).

• Vehicle rotating backward

Of course Vader has a line longer than Jedi Mickey. Vader is the 20th century's universal symbol of a brooding villain that so many writers have imitated, while the other line is for a Disney mascot dressed out of character.

Do they seperate the place into I-II-II and IV-V-VI areas? Someone mentioned an Anakin lookalike above but I can't see them being so lazy as to let Anakin and Vader stand next to each other.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The Jedi/Alliance characters are by Star Tours. The Sith/Galactic Empire characters are on Mickey Ave. So they're definitely separated.

Oh and here's Anakin:

• Vehicle rotating backward

Yes, but what about guys who appear in both generations on the same side? I mean, do you have Old Obi-Wan striking up conversation with Young Obi-Wan and Leia sharing makeup tips with the Mom she didn't know?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast