Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Sock Puppet

Re: Has anyone here rode the new Mission Space yet?

When I went in the middle of July it had a pretty consistent 5 minute wait.

What I'm wondering about is the possibility of a long wait on the new version. I think it has been posted somewhere that they typically run 2 of the 4 centrifuges. With one now the tamer version and the word getting out, there could be a situation that arises where the wait for the new version is double the wait for the regular version. What would Disney do if that becomes the case?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

It's funny you should mention that. I'm predicting that by the end of the summer, the new version will be so popular that Disney will up the allocation for the non-spin version to TWO of the centrifuges, with 2 still available for the spinning version. You read it here first!

Blog Entries

Actually according to one of the CM's who works that ride that's what they've already done. They split the centrifuges in half. Two are dedicated to non spinning and two to spinning. Right now they're only running one of them as non spin and two spinning, but if demand increases they could bring that one up.

Supposedly they can also rather easily switch one from non spinning to spinning if needed but it takes a while because they have to be very careful that everyone realizes the change took place so they don't accidentally sit some non spinners in a spinner.

I really, really love the original recipe Mission: Space, but on my next trip I want to give this tamer version a try just to compare.

I think I'll prefer the more intense M:S. The first time I rode it, we got right back in line to do it again...and again! I didn't get a chance to ride it on our last trip because DH wasn't feeling too well. That's the bad part of M:S, you gotta make sure you are feeling well in order to experience it....otherwise...you could have issues.

I am happy to hear that Disney has finally found a way for people, who cannot and/or should not experience Mission: Space, to finally have an option.

And I secretly hope the masses prefer the less intense version so the waits on the more intense version stay short.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan
    Yeah, my understanding was that there are 4 centrifuges and that one of them has now been converted to the "spinless" version. That still leaves 3 out of 4 for the normal version.
    Yes, I have a yellow stripe running down my spine.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Nothing wrong with knowing your own limits, Barbaraann. I still won't go on M:S again until they make the cockpit at least twice as large. Those control panels right in the face - HORRIBLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Nothing wrong with knowing your own limits, Barbaraann.
    Agreed. I wish more people would know their own limits and their children's in WDW.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I don't see myself riding the tame version ever...but it is nice in a bittersweet way to see lines back up. Since the kid died last summer (the day I flew home) I've walked onto the ride everytime I';ve been in EPCOT. That is a great thing, I have a special place in my heart for walkon rides...but for $170 million I'd like to see Disney get it's moneys worth in line lengths...

...Well maybe just not in front of me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12