Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Ride Discussion: The Great Movie Ride.

So it has long been rumored to be on the cutting block, rumored or maybe hoped for. Some find it boring, a waste of a huge soundstage, and want a thrill ride. Others can appreciate its classic taste in cinema, and its wonderful use of AAs, special effects, and live narration, and a wonderful ending montage.
    Plus who can deny it has the best queue? Before you know it, you havn't seen all the movie trailers and you have to get on the ride.

So? How do you like the Great Movie Ride?

Re: Ride Discussion: The Great Movie Ride.

I personally like it. I've been on it only twice, once in '99, the other just this Monday. I can see why they want something more grand since it's in the major hub of the park. However, it's why it's MGM Disney studios.

• I was deleted.

*paging our GMR CM!*

Anyway... No, it is NOT on the cutting block. Nor will it be anytime soon. It is a classic attraction ride (do you realize this is the first "ride" that you have had a "ride discussion" on?) that is mearly hidden by a giant blue hat store.

GMR recently (late Fall 05) received at newly updated ending film and should hopefully have more updates coming its way. Most of the budget for The Disney-MGM Studios has been going towards other attractions, like the most recently opened Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show! among other things. I will continue to be more optimistic with the future of this attraction.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Please kick the Tarzan scene for something new. It doesn't look that great, most kids only know expect the Disney version of Tarzan anyway, and his yell sound effect is so loud that it can be heard all the way in Casablanca, Morocco.

Blog Entries

(do you realize this is the first "ride" that you have had a "ride discussion" on?)

I'd consider Test Track which was one of our first discussions to be a ride.

• huh?churro?what is that?

Great move ride is one of my favorite rides in WDW and Im not even an old fart. It is very unique and is a great tribute to the great movie classics. The ending movie sequence leaves me breathless every time. Seeing those clips always makes me want to become some super star actor type... atleast for a while... I was rather dissapointed that the big blue hat got stuck right in front of the chinese theatre front. I like the hat but it really ruined that view...

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I think it is fun. The hat has to go, but itis enternaining, sorto of reminds me like the Jungle Cruise with the interaction aspect of the ride.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole

I'd consider Test Track which was one of our first discussions to be a ride.
    Actually everything is an "attraction," "show," or "exhibit."

The exception is of course for The Great Movie Ride, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Living with the Land Boat Ride.

/disneytrivia

• Done and Gone

I enjoy the ride. However, both times I've been on it, the ride vehicle has been empty except for my wife and myself, and last year the two of us and my in-laws. (Always seem to ride at closing time it seems lol) I felt a little bad that the CM had such a small audience to work with but we did our best to help out. I'm a movie nut so it's a lot of fun for me. I especially like the witch from the Wizard of Oz. Awesome AA.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray
    I enjoy the ride. However, both times I've been on it, the ride vehicle has been empty except for my wife and myself, and last year the two of us and my in-laws. (Always seem to ride at closing time it seems lol) I felt a little bad that the CM had such a small audience to work with but we did our best to help out. I'm a movie nut so it's a lot of fun for me. I especially like the witch from the Wizard of Oz. Awesome AA.
    Most guests make their way over to Fantasmic! by then or what's worse.. they don't even know there is a ride back there because of the giant hat.

I was surprised to find the ride. Hehe.

I have to agree, the witch is totally amazing! Oh, the munchkins made us laugh so hard! I liked the switch off of the guids too. Very creative ride.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Actually everything is an "attraction," "show," or "exhibit."

The exception is of course for The Great Movie Ride, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Living with the Land Boat Ride.

/disneytrivia
    : Lame. You move. It is a ride. I'm sorry I do these now. . I guess I'll go join the line queue for the attraction.

Disney calls everything attractions, but there is still technology under that attraction. It is a ride.

Blog Entries

I think the alien scene needs to be updated. When I was a child that part was scary, now it's just boring. I'd like to see that part updated a bit, but other than that I still love the ride.

Blog Entries

I like it. My favorite scene is the Munchkinland one.

• We're number one!

I always have and will love the GMR. I remember when I was younger I used to hid behind my mom when they got to the Aliens part. I'm better with it now of course! I just love all the classic movie scenes and the AA are great. I hope that they don't replace but that maybe the just update it a bit. I'm going to have to check it out since I know they've updated the film.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast