Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Exclamation Block Party Bash at The Disney-MGM Studios?

So after I keep reading the Disneyland section of this site I keep hearing how Block Party Bash is moving to the Disney-MGM Studios. Let me tell you, the idea of that happening really change scares me.

It isn't that I'm very fond of Stars & Motor Cars (although I do love the amount of characters), but placing a parade with so much of a road block isn't the best idea. If anyone has see Stars & Motor Cars you will understand that if you are in a certain location (ie Vine St. area/side) it is almost impossible to get across until the parade is over/has past you. Keeping in mind that not everyone will watch a parade, or at least everyday.. and that Stars & Motor Cars only blocks areas for a relatively short period of time compared to the "show stop" concept.

Placing a new parade into the park, as fun as that might be, also creates other obstacles. As it is now, many of the puppeteers from Mermaid and Playhouse are a part of the parade each day. Changing this parade might also create a change in the parade cast. Since Block Party Bash requires so much out of the individual, I think that asking that of the puppeteers is asking too much.

So that's just a few of my ideas as to why I don't think Block Party Bash would be a good fit at the Studios as it is currently structured. Ideas? Thoughts?

• In Technicolor!

Re: Block Party Bash at The Disney-MGM Studios?

I don't know how much of an obstacle the casting of Block Party would present. Couldn't they hire more entertainment CMs to supplement the current shows (Indy, BATB) and fill the Block Party openings? You're right that the individuality of BPB might be beyond the puppeteers' reach.

As for where within the Studios - that's a bigger problem. Yes, the current Studios parade just barely fits. The streets of (NY/SF/??) offer wide 'roads' - why not put BPB there? One problem with using "the streets" might be entry/exit. Could the BPB floats enter from between Star Tours and Muppet Courtyard? I can't tell if that's enough room - others here might know for sure. Exit shouldn't be a problem - just bring them behind the LMA stadium (I think ...).
    These are the games that never end.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think the issue here like Ward said is the size of MGM compared to the performance corridor. However, Streets Of America is wider...

There is another backstage gate on the Muppets side of Star Tours that it could use...it could probably fit through the path onto BCS. But, there really right now is no way to get behind LMAX from BCS. The tours route is gated (non moving fences) and the entry road is next to LMAX. So it would run a shorter route...and there would have to be big LMAX entrance changes to get it back to the barn from the end of BCS to the back stage road that paralelles the parking lot road...and there is no turn around point on BCS for it either. If it came it's really have to follow the improv-ed parade route.

I do wonder about its size.

• I was deleted.

Muppets Gate was used during Super Soap to get the Power Rangers in and out without running over Soap Stars and their fans. It is more of a pain than anything to use because backstage between Pizza Planet and Star Tours is not exactly pretty, to say the least. I'm not saying that the other openings are pretty... but they have been approved for a decent amount of time being exposed to guests and not being called "bad show." As far as the size of the parade goes, isn't the major issue with height and not width of these things? Also.. does anyone else think that the colored "Block Party Bash colored zones" would kind of take away from SOA, Hollywood Blvd, etc? Or am I alone on that one too.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    does anyone else think that the colored "Block Party Bash colored zones" would kind of take away from SOA, Hollywood Blvd, etc? Or am I alone on that one too.
    You might be right with that one. The huge and themeless DCA walkways that BPB traverses now don't clash with the Fun Zones - there's no theme to clash with!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward
    You might be right with that one. The huge and themeless DCA walkways that BPB traverses now don't clash with the Fun Zones - there's no theme to clash with!!
    At least I get one point from all-powerful Ward.

• Banned User

MGM has hosted several parades with high floats. But I am thinking specifically of alladin. the genie and the alladin floats were pretty tall. I remember seeing them drive by and thinking about how tall they were. I think BPB could be done throughout MGM with a couple of changes. but the fun zones shouldnt be that much of a problem if they work the route right.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

BPF,

You should never trust rumors;-) If it does happen I would guess it would not be the full show.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    BPF,

You should never trust rumors;-) If it does happen I would guess it would not be the full show.

J
    I don't trust rumors.. but I'm just sick and tired of seeing it be "discussed" in the Disneyland section with west coasters that think it would be better at Studios than DCA. Apparently they haven't even stepped foot inside of that park with some of the comments that are made.

But yes.. I'm still hoping it will NEVER happen!!

• Banned User

I think west coasters just want something new or are speculating about something new at dca.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    I think west coasters just want something new or are speculating about something new at dca.
    Lol But my thought is if DCA looses BPB its not getting anything new...I mean for all the other rumored "lose a parade" parks coming up in 2006 & 2007 they are losing a parade and rumored to be gaining another. DCA hasn't had that talk yet. And quite often rumors do have some backing to them...just usually not the complete thought.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I don't trust rumors.. but I'm just sick and tired of seeing it be "discussed" in the Disneyland section with west coasters that think it would be better at Studios than DCA. Apparently they haven't even stepped foot inside of that park with some of the comments that are made.

But yes.. I'm still hoping it will NEVER happen!!
    But, why do really not want BPB in MGM?

You've mentioned (1) float height, (2) not being able to cross during parades, (3) inadequate casting and (4) theme clashing. Taken individually:

(1) Cmash95 mentioned taller, or as tall, floats have been used in prior MGM parades.

(2) The BPB flotilla is considerably shorter than most 'normal' Disney parades. While it's possible to cross Main Street during breaks in a 'normal' parade, these 'normal' parades stretch much longer than BPB. I believe that it kind of evens out as far as inconvience-factor, with BPB's longer-lasting show-stops, but shorter flotilla length.

(3) I suggested hiring performers specifically for BPB, and possibly using them in rotation with the other current shows.

(4) As far as theme clashing, I was kind of agreeing with you on that one. However, what does a ten-foot fluorescent-painted traffic cone really not clash with?

So what is it really, BPF? Are you just waxing nostalgic about change to the beloved Studios? I've always enjoyed the BPB - it's infectious! But walking down the deserted Streets-of-Somewhere-New-Every-Few-Years, it always feels like I'm in a museum. "Hey, doesn't that look just like Brooklyn? ... umm yeah, it does." Maybe rolling the loud Pixar train through there every afternoon would re-invigorate that area.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

BPB is awesome--my favorite parade in awhile. It's just SO much fun, and MGM seriously needs something like this. There is not enough there for families, and I think Stars and Cars is one of Disney's worst parades ever. I want floats! And who could possibly not love BPB's soundtrack. I even saw those folks who go to Disney but don't really believe in the magic (you know the types I'm talking about...they are often there w/ their girlfriends) start tapping their feet and, yes, smile, while watching BPB. SCREAM!!!!!!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    MGM has hosted several parades with high floats. But I am thinking specifically of alladin. the genie and the alladin floats were pretty tall. I remember seeing them drive by and thinking about how tall they were. I think BPB could be done throughout MGM with a couple of changes. but the fun zones shouldnt be that much of a problem if they work the route right.
    Those floats were actually extremely short... they were simply inflateables to make the parade get insanely high. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but I'm not sure about height. On stage you should be fine though, except for some backstage to on-stage gates that have overhangs...

• Banned User

I personally would not mind seeing Party Bash at MGM. I am over the Star Motorcade for it's sedated simplicity and cheer cheapness of it all. besides... Isn't the Star Motorcade supposed to go to Paris' Walt Disney Studios in the near future anyways...?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast