Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: I'm back...and boy do I miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Disabled pasengers are always loaded first thing, so there is no reason you should not sit in even a seat marked for wheelchairs.
    The problem with that Bill is that half of the American population and most of the UK tourists are disabled due to their overweight factor. Therefore most seats are filled already when the "normal" people come on board. I would personally place small children in the bins below and allow adults to sit.

(j/k)

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I would personally place small children in the bins below and allow adults to sit.

(j/k)
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Practically Perfect

wow, I didn't know my little comment would spark this bus discussion...hmm. All I meant is that it's clear many people visiting the parks don't often take advantage of the public transportation system. It's proper etiquette to move to the back of the bus first regardless of if you are sitting or standing. If you've ever ridden a bus in real life outside of the parks or elementary school, that would be pretty clear. Kinda sad...

As for the mom thing, I still don't think it would have been too much to ask for TWO people to give up their seats...to clarify she was trying to hold both kids while standing and while maybe that wasn't the best idea on her part she should have gotten a seat or two. I also think that most little kids should sit on their parents laps when it's crowded...but that's probably just me and I don't want to start something there...

as for the Tower of Terror thing, thank you Bill for wording that so kindly...I only meant that the story was over way too fast. I got the story they were trying to tell, but it seemed like: get on, go through a hallway, take you up and bounce you around, and then kick you off. They could have done a lot more imho.

I'm still working on the pics. I hope to have some up by this weekend and I can't wait to share them with everyone!

• Huh?

You know, I think one of the biggest flaws to ToT is that they interupt the story too much, not that it's too short. Really, it can be the longest story in the entire resort.

I mean, you go to the library, see the nice video to set up the story, then just as you think you're about to experience the ride -- another line appears, extending it for another hour or more.

So, in a world of short attention spans, how many people actually will remember the story that well by the time they actually get on the ride?
    -Tim

• Minion

Interesting comments about ToT. I personally thought the story itself sort of took a back seat the overall atmosphere of the ride. Because of the way they did the lighting, set dressing, effects, music etc, I really felt like I entered the Twilight Zone! The ride itself, the going up and down part, I felt was just OK. It was the three elements coming together - the atmosphere, the story and the ride (in that order) that for me, made it a pretty cool ride.

Talking Re: I'm back...and boy do I miss it...

The problem with that Bill is that half of the American population and most of the UK tourists are disabled due to their overweight factor. Therefore most seats are filled already when the "normal" people come on board. I would personally place small children in the bins below and allow adults to sit.

(j/k)
    In a strange way...you kind of make sense. And Bill...sorry to disagree with you, but...one mom with twenty or two kids, she is going to get my seat if she wants it.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

The problem with that Bill is that half of the American population and most of the UK tourists are disabled due to their overweight factor.
    Oh don't even get me started on the fat family that had four monsters that took up 10 seats after she ran into the guardrail where my hand was because she couldn't drive her damn EWC.

• Practically Perfect

so, I think I got my pictures all worked out! Here are a few:

here's me with Mickey

and with Mary Poppins!

A shot from Wishes

my first look at Everest

and part of the Festival of the Lion King

and that's all...for now...

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

awsome pics....i love that shirt so funny........even more so next to Mary Poppins

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384

A shot from Wishes

You caught that photo darn well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach
    In a strange way...you kind of make sense. And Bill...sorry to disagree with you, but...one mom with twenty or two kids, she is going to get my seat if she wants it.
    That's what forums are for, you're welcome to disagree.

However, sometimes when you give up a seat, it creates more confusion than if you didn't at all. (Only in very crowded conditions of course)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    as for the Tower of Terror thing, thank you Bill for wording that so kindly...I only meant that the story was over way too fast. I got the story they were trying to tell, but it seemed like: get on, go through a hallway, take you up and bounce you around, and then kick you off. They could have done a lot more imho.
    Ah, do I sense sarcasm you "Practically Perfect Poster." Ha ha ha.

Honestly, I do agree somewhat... but the Tower had many versions planned, one that was three times as long as an experience. The current, shorter one, was decided as the best for capacity reasons. And now, an even shorter version is open at DCA... go figure. But I don't see how the shortness of the WDW version equals no story... I think it couldn't be any more clear.

• Banned User

Lovely pyro photo up there Quasi. You make Uncle TDLFAN proud. However, there is something oddly strange about "Quasimodo" wearing a "perfect in every way" tee.

• Practically Perfect

thanks everyone! I'm glad you like my photos...and the shirt (a friend made it for me actually!).

and again, as for the Tower of Terror:

I think a lot of my let down was the hype it got. I never went on the "original" version and I heard a lot about it...I guess I was just expecting more. Glad to say that I finally tried it though...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Great trip report Quasi. Glad you had a great time.

Tell us a bit more about the hotel. What did and didn't you like about it? I'll be there in less than a week and I'm curious.

I've never been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, but would love to. I think we may try the Segway tour at EPCOT.

What would you say your favorite ride of the trip was?
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast