Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Practically Perfect

Post I'm back...and boy do I miss it...

Well, we arrived in Florida on May 13th and checked into the Caribbean Beach Resort. Overall it was a decent resort, but we all agreed that our next trip we wanted something a little better. It was good enough for just sleeping at every night (because, after all, that’s about all the time we spent in the hotel room).

Our first night there we went to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney after hitting a few stores. It was fun, but I can’t say it’s something I’d go back and do having now done it once. I’m just not a huge arcade person, but it was fun to see and a it had a cool atmosphere.
    The next day we went to Magic Kingdom and we started with the “Keys to the Kingdom” tour. Our tour guide’s name was Hope and she was a lot of fun. We got to do stuff like take our own Jungle Cruise boat to learn things like:
    -the boats don’t need to be steered, they just control the throttle…not the direction the boat moves
    -the third thing the aborigines (who ‘attack’ from the right) say is: “I love disco”
    -where the official hidden Mickey is
    -and the origin of Chief Name

We also went into the Haunted Mansion (thru the entrance they would take celebrities through) and saw they official and the unofficial hidden Mickey there.

Then we learned about the yellow lines backstage, the gator problems they’ve had, and we even got to go into the ‘tunnel’ system under the magic kingdom! It was really cool, and while some of what she told us I already knew, it was still a really fun day. We also got a pretty private lunch and a really cool pin for taking the tour.

We ended our first day with “Wishes!” It was pretty cool, but I admit that after seeing “Remember, Dreams Come True” in Disneyland, it wasn’t AS cool as I thought it would be. I think my favorite part was the fantasia tribute, very cool!

Next we went to Animal Kingdom, the one park there that I had NEVER been to! I loved it. I’ve always wanted to go on a picture safari, so the Kilimanjaro Safari was very cool! The Tree also looked amazing, more so in person than everything else I’ve seen about it. Then there was a little ride called “Expedition Everest.” The first time was horrifyingly fun! We rode on it quite a few times, from the front to the very back so we got to peak around and see how the track flips over and how everything works. That ride was AWSOME!! Do it if you have the chance!

That night a friend of mine and myself went and had Dinner in the Italy Pavilion of Epcot at the Alfredo Di Roma. It was good, but I’d say you could pretty much go for just dessert and coffee or something, because the desserts were the best!

It was also Star Wars Weekend when we went down!! Being a life long Star Wars fan that was great!! I got autographs/pictures with Warwick Davis and Peter Mayhew. They also had a TON of cool characters that you could get pictures with from the Star Wars movies. It was a great day, a little busy, but that’s to be expected.

We also got to go to Epcot and I finally got my picture with Mary Poppins!! Seeing as I’ve been waiting forever and keep missing out, it was lots of fun! We also saw ‘Illuminations’ at Epcot, and it was good, but not one that I’d see again most likely (we saw ’Wishes’ 3 times!). I also FINALLY got to see Fantasmic! Seeing as I’ve had the soundtrack forever but haven’t gotten to see that…I LOVE it. I think it was my favorite show this go around (I know a lot of you have been saying it’s been going down hill, but I really enjoyed it).

Another big surprise (for me at least) was the Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom. I thought it was going to be a cheesy kids show, but it was actually very cool, and I would recommend checking it out. Also Mickey’s PhilarMagic, very cute and I really enjoyed it.

I was disappointed with Hotel Tower of Terror. This was my first time on it and there wasn’t even much of a story it seemed like. It was just take you up, bounce you around, and kick you out. But at least I could say I went on it. Another let down/disappointment/shocker was the bus system. It generally worked decently, but more the people (how no one could give up their seat for a mother who was trying to stand up AND hold two children!! How no one moves to the back of the bus first, they simply CANNOT walk that far so they plop down in the very first seat and how certain parents can’t fathom that an INFANT probably is crying because they shouldn’t have taken advantage of extra magic hours and kept it out until midnight! That same mother also preceded to put her dirty finger in the poor kids mouth!!)

So, other and a few issues with just bad people…it was very enjoyable. We did meet a lot of fun, nice people while waiting in line and such, so it was just a case of a few bad apples. It was hard because I kept wanting to compare Disneyland and Disney World. They both have great things to offer, and they both have their drawbacks, so in the end it comes down to personal preference. In the end it was a great trip, and one I won’t soon forget!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: I'm back...and boy do I miss it...

Sounds like you have a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Huh?

Ah... so that's where you've been!

Bring back plenty of photos to share with us?
    -Tim

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Great report, but where are the pics? Sounds like you had a great time!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• I was deleted.

Awesome! I'm so glad you had fun!!! I can't wait to see pictures... as I know you have 'em!

• Minion

Glad you had a good time there!

yea...I agree with you about the bus system. One visit to WDW I decided not to rent a car and just take the buses. It was fine, but you are right...what is with the manners of some who won't go to the back or move and give up a seat to someone who needs it? It may be money...but I think renting is the way to go. But I was spoiled one trip...I stayed at Wl and they, of course, have boats that go directly to MK. Thanks for the report...and not to be a pain either...but I also can't wait to see some photo's.

• Practically Perfect

thanks everyone for reading!! And sorry about the lack of photos, I was having photobucket issues, but I'll try to get them on asap!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by quasimodo1384
    thanks everyone for reading!! And sorry about the lack of photos, I was having photobucket issues, but I'll try to get them on asap!
    No troubles... I still have to get mine up. It's hard when you go for a number of days.. (and then get sick. ) If you get yours up you'll motivate me Chris!!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Sounds cool...glad you enjoyed your trip...I get to go in 2007!!!!yay...my 3rd WDW trip in 3 years.....make that im my whole life...lol

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I'm glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing your opinions about some of the shows, too. Makes me even more excited about our upcoming trip!
    <o>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach
    yea...I agree with you about the bus system. One visit to WDW I decided not to rent a car and just take the buses. It was fine, but you are right...what is with the manners of some who won't go to the back or move and give up a seat to someone who needs it? It may be money...but I think renting is the way to go. But I was spoiled one trip...I stayed at Wl and they, of course, have boats that go directly to MK. Thanks for the report...and not to be a pain either...but I also can't wait to see some photo's.
    There's not a darn thing wrong with taking the first seat you see when you enter a WDW bus. However, if you are standing, you should move to the back first, but not until all seats are filled. Disabled pasengers are always loaded first thing, so there is no reason you should not sit in even a seat marked for wheelchairs.

As far as people not giving up their seats... well, I gotta say, in a bus that crowded, it's not going to help if you give up your seat. lol Now, if the bus wasn't crowded, then sure, I'd give my seat up in a heartbeat... but I'm one of the few I guess. But if a bus is insanely crowded, and a mom has two kids, there would be no reason to give up the seat unless you have seats for the kids too, because most moms would rather be with their kids anyway. I know if I was a father, and I was offered a seat, I wouldn't take it if my two kids would still have to stand... though if I just had one and he or she was small enough, he or she could just sit on my lap. lol

As far as you not liking Tower of Terror... no clue how you could get off that ride without knowing the story unless you didn't pay any attention to the preshow at all.

• Minion

While things like moving to the back if you're the first one on, or giving up your seat, might not actually help anyone, they are nice gestures. Besides, if one person gets up, maybe others will follow the good example and give up seats next to that person so the child carrying mom (or dad) can actually sit down with their kids.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    As far as people not giving up their seats... well, I gotta say, in a bus that crowded, it's not going to help if you give up your seat. lol Now, if the bus wasn't crowded, then sure, I'd give my seat up in a heartbeat... but I'm one of the few I guess. But if a bus is insanely crowded, and a mom has two kids,
    Oh but that is a little too specific. Most of the time, if she has two little kids with her, she has another adult or older kid with her. And typically if you offer her a seat she'll sit with one of her kids and the other can stand by dad/grandma.

Very rarely does a mother with kids turn down a seat, even if it's just one and she has two kids. Thats why I don't even bother sitting on a bus leaving the park at night that I know will be full. I get on, and go stand by the back door, because if I sat, I'd just be giving it up anyways...I feel like a pansy if I sit and some little kids have to stand.

I don't think there is ever a time to not give up your seat if the bus is full.

• Main Street with a friend

I totally agree. It may not help the overall flow of getting people on the bus if you give up your seat, but it will help that person you are letting sit down. As long as you are physically able to stand in situations like that, you should do so. It always amazes me at the end of the day, when everyone is hot and tired and crammed on a bus, how many people offer up their seats. It reminds me that good manners are still alive and well.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast