Thread: Feed me...

• ROFLCOPTER!

Feed me...

Hey there. My sister and I are planning a trip to Disney World this winter and are trying to figure out where we're going to eat. We could have sworn we saw some sort of sign up for a medieval type dinner show while we were at EPCOT last time, but now we can't find anything about it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or were we hallucinating? Thanks for any help!

• I was deleted.

Re: Feed me...

You're probably thinking about Medieval Times. There is one in the Orlando ares. I thought it was fun, but it does cost a lot. So I don't think I'd go back again. As far as something at EPCOT? I'll leave that for the experts.

But yes, EPCOT does have some great places to eat!

• Done and Gone

Mmm... WDW food. Where's my drool cup?

So far my fav at Epcot is Le Celier. (sp?)

Just to throw out a couple around the resort, theres O'Hanas, Sci Fi Diner (mostly for the atmosphere), and some more but hopefully this will get you started.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray
    Mmm... WDW food. Where's my drool cup?

So far my fav at Epcot is Le Celier. (sp?)

Just to throw out a couple around the resort, theres O'Hanas, Sci Fi Diner (mostly for the atmosphere), and some more but hopefully this will get you started.
    Well, if we are venturing out of Epcot.. then yes.. Ohana's at the Poly is GREAT!! I also enjoy the 50's Prime Time Diner at Studios.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I've been away from the boards for a few days so I'm sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere...just thought I'd make a suggestion that you check out the TV show "Unwrapped" on the Food network this weekend. They did an excellent one hour special on the food of WDW which I found very entertaining...and it repeats this Saturday and Sunday...I've got DirecTV in California and it's listed at 1pm Saturday and 2pm Sunday...you might "check your local listings or the Food Network website. Could give you some insights -

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• ROFLCOPTER!

It was weird, last time we were there we saw this little podium advertising some dinner show. I think it was in Germany to the left of the restaurant they had there, under this little archway. It may have cost around $80. My sister remembers it too, but maybe we read it wrong or something. Anyone know what this could have been?

Last time we went to the sci-fi diner and the hoop-de-doo. Right now our list for next time includes the 50s prime time cafe, cinderella's royal table (missed it last time ), the spirit of aloha show, and tony's town square. We're still deciding if there's anywhere we want to get reservations at in epcot and we're thinking of trying the coral reef restaurant, though celier looks cool too. All suggestions are welcome.

edit- Oh, and thanks for that suggestion, radiobarry! My sister has seen that but I would like to as well.

• Wants to Wear the Bat Hat

Bouncing Between Eastern and Western Washington State

I need some ideas as well
    I really, really, really want to try Ohana's but what are the prices like? Will I have to save it for when the parents venture down?
    WDW College Program Alumni
    May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
    May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
    Hello Everyone Go Zags!

• Done and Gone

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Well, if we are venturing out of Epcot.. then yes.. Ohana's at the Poly is GREAT!! I also enjoy the 50's Prime Time Diner at Studios.

Wow how could I leave that one off my list!!! 50's Prime Time Diner is also cool! The interaction, and setting is a lot of fun!

On the subject of a some of those other locations, I'd also give the Coral Reef a try. We sat right up at the glass at lunch and it was fun "fish spotting" before the meal. Had lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table and that was cool. Our waiter had us laughing the whole time and was a lot of fun. I'm going back in Sept so I am always looking for any new suggestions

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just go to the counter service places. I'm cheap. The Mexican place at Epcot has really good burritos! And I love the fish & chips in England... and the crepes and pastries in France and.... yeah when I'm at Epcot I'm usually seen stuffing my face. LOL! Bring on the Food & Wine Festival!

Pizza Planet at MGM does have some pretty tasty pizza though. Was surprised as I'm usually very wary of theme park pizza (which is usually quite nasty).

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Trintara
    We're still deciding if there's anywhere we want to get reservations at in epcot and we're thinking of trying the coral reef restaurant, though celier looks cool too.
    Personally, I think all restaurants in Epcot are awesome. I'd have a hard time choosing between the Coral Reef and Le Celier. I guess that depends on if you want good seafood or good steak. Le Celier also has amazing cheddar cheese soup - to die for! I've also had really good experiences at Nine Dragons and Alfredo's.

Aimster is right. A lot of the counter service food is really good. I tried the counter service in Japan this last trip and enjoyed it. I've heard Morocco has good counter service too.

Trintara, how long are you staying?

I've never been to the F&WF, but I'd love to go some day. I always plan my trips around meals. "I'm eating in Epcot that night, so that will be my Epcot day......"
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I tried the counter service in Japan this last trip and enjoyed it.
    I tried it last time I went to Epcot too and liked it as well. Every now and then when I have the extra fundage though I do like to eat at one of the table service restaurants. Usually ends up being the Crystal Palce at MK so I can see Tigger.... and their banana bread pudding with Bailey's sauce is to DIE for!

• ROFLCOPTER!

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm

Trintara, how long are you staying?

I've never been to the F&WF, but I'd love to go some day. I always plan my trips around meals. "I'm eating in Epcot that night, so that will be my Epcot day......"
    I think we're going to be able to stay for a whoppin' seven days. We're not going until January (it's for my sisters graduation and she doesn't graduate until December), but last time I made my food reservations only a month in advance and couldn't get to the coral reef or cinderella's castle. That's not going to happen this time! Bring on the yummy!