View Poll Results: What American holiday is most popular with guests at WDW?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Years Eve

0 0%
  • Easter

0 0%
  • July 4th

0 0%
  • Halloween

1 8.33%
  • Thanksgiving

2 16.67%
  • Christmas

9 75.00%

Talking Happy Disney Holidays!! What's your favorite?

OK folks, this may be redundant, trite, etc, but I'm planning my Christmas vacation to WDW and am in the mood to hear about your favorite holiday at the resorts!
    Strangely enough, I love the "spirit" of Christmas at MK, but I don't like visiting in December. My ultimate vacation is going to MK the day before Thanksgiving when the park looks like it does every day. But then I go back on Thanksgiving day and like a miracle the park is dressed for the holidays and Christmas music is playing on Main Street! I have a Christmas cookie and coffee from the Main Street Bakery and then head off for adventure. I've done this a few times now, and it never ceases to impress me and put me in the holiday spirit for the next month. Plus, each park has it's own Christmas traditions that are all unique and wonderful, from the sublime (Christmas Candlelight Processional at Epcot) to the ridiculous (Osborne lights display at Disney/MGM).
    My sister, however, loves to take her family at Easter time for the big Easter parade at MK.
    So , how about you? What Disney holiday traditions do you have and enjoy?

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Happy Disney Holidays!! What's your favorite?

we went to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party last year..in Nov. We had a GREAT time. The parade is beautiful, and you can walk right on to almost every ride. Me and my husband gave our daughter to her grandparents for around an hour and let them enjoy the kiddie rides and wander around. We headed to Frontier land androde Big Thunder Mt and Splash Mt...over and over and over. It was great. we rode BTM about 7 times..never waited in line for more than 5 mins...then rode Splash Mt about 5 times. Walked right on every time. Even got off, and just changed seats and rode again...there was no line. It's really great. We were gonna try the Halloween party this year, but, just can't wait that long to go to Disney....

• DOasDREAMERSdo

i went to the mickey's very merry christmas party too except in early december which was GREAT because its not crowded at all!!! christmas is really fun there with all the decorations and everything. i've also been there around halloween and done the halloween party. that was fun too but i definitely preferred christmas!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

gotta be Christmas!!

• The one, the only...

I have not had a chance to be there at the holidays since they are usually very crowded and expensive at those times. I was at WDW this last December right before Christmas week. I got to enjoy all the decorations and it did not cost me the extreme prices of the next week. I loved it all decked out with decorations and the special shows.

This year I will be there in October and will do Mickey's Holloween party. I think it will be fantastic too.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I said Christmas and was going to say that I wanted to visit during the fourth of July. But from the poll, it seems as though it is not a favorite. Can anybody share a tale as to why this is?