• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

It's Go Time: T-Minus 39 Hours

Well, in 39 hours, we will begin driving from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Orlando, Florida. Barring any sort of unfortunate occurences on the road, we should be arriving at our hotel around 7 or so in the morning. Although I don't expect it, I hope we have a room ready like we did in 2004. We will be staying until June 4.

I guess I was posting because I wanted to know if anybody had any final tips, tricks, suggestions (food, rides, shows), or anything that I should see since we haven't been in 2 years. Thanks in advance.

Also, this thread will serve as a place for photos and a trip report when I get back.

• Banned User

Re: It's Go Time: T-Minus 39 Hours

Have a safe drive, and do tell us how much you paid in gas for your trip. Then I will show you how much you would have paid if you had flown.

I'm not driving any part of it...I'm 17 and have yet to care about getting my license.

As for gas, that could be interesting. Oh well, it's a nice drive. I should have mentioned, I suppose, that I will be going on this trip with my mom and my aunt. As a result, I'm not sure round trip airfare could be less than round trip gas, but I don't know.
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 05-26-2006 at 06:03 PM.

Hope the drive is smooth. Can't wait to read your report and see some photo's. BTW...flying is great...but I like the drive also. My girlfriend and I do side trips, if we have some extra time, when we take extended drives. Anyway...have a great time.

• Old Disney Dude

Catch the plane for Orlando from DFW in 22 hours. OKW here we come!!
    29 visits to Walt Disney World and Disneyland since 1973 from the Great State of Texas! Stayed at Hilton Downtown Disney (4), Yacht Club (3), Beach Club, Poly, Old Key West (6), All Stars, Dutch Inn/Grosvernor (4), LBV Palace, Dolphin (2), Tree House Villas, Disney Institute, Coronado Springs and condos offsite.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Have a safe drive, and do tell us how much you paid in gas for your trip. Then I will show you how much you would have paid if you had flown.
    Hm... with the three of them going it might be less to drive. Don't forget to add in the rental car factor if they are driving to have their own means of transportation.

I don't have an exact figure, but we spent about $100 or so in gas on the way down and I assume we spent about as much on the way back up, so around $200 or so. Fun trip. Trip report to follow shortly in this thread and pictures to follow some time after that.

This is going to be a REALLY long post. Link to pictures will follow shortly.

Trip Report

Walt Disney World-2006
    May 29-June 4
    (Only covers days spent at parks)

Day 1-May 29
    -Unfortunately, we were not lucky enough to have our room ready upon our arrival around 8 or so in the morning
    -Arrived at Animal Kingdom around 10 am
    -Got a Fastpass for Expedition Everest
    -Used Single Rider line to ride Everest
    -Ate at Flametree Barbeque for Lunch
    -Got a Fastpass for Dinosaur
    -Used Standby line to ride Dinosaur
    -Used Fastpass to ride Dinosaur
    -Used Fastpass to ride Everest
    -Left Animal Kingdom at 1 pm
    -Ran into problems trying to get our room keys sorted out. Took about an hour
    -Arrived at EPCOT around 3:00 (alone)
    -Got a Fastpass for Mission Space
    -Used Standby line to ride Orange version
    -Used Single Rider line to ride Test Track (line took a good 30-40 minutes)
    -Used Fastpass to ride Green version of Mission Space (I like this one just as much)
    -Got a Fastpass for Living with the Land because the Standby line was an hour long
    -Rode Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment (no wait)
    -Watched Honey I Shrunk the Audience (for the first time since either 2001 or 1998)
    -Used Fastpass to ride Living with the Land
    -Rode Spaceship Earth, but it broke down right at the beginning, before going up the ramp. The other people in my car bailed before the CMs came around to let people out, but I sat there.
    -Barely missed a bus back to Pop Century. I was running up that section as it started driving off
    -Got back to the room at 6:48
    -Left for Animal Kingdom at 7:00
    -Ate dinner at the Flametree Barbeque (I hadn’t used my own QSR coupon earlier in the day)
    -Used Standby line to ride Primeval Whirl
    -Expedition Everest was down
    -Used Standby line to ride Kali River Rapids (alone)
    -Used Standby line to ride Expedition Everest (took about an hour, but the standby line is themed nicely. I’ll admit I probably annoyed a few people by ringing the bells once or twice)
    -End of Day 1

Day 2-May 30
    -Left room alone at 9:20ish to go get FP for Soarin’ at EPCOT
    -You can’t do that, I’m dumb. I could only get a FP for myself, and I got it at 10:18, for 12:09-1:09 but wouldn’t use it
    -Went back to Hotel
    -On the way back, saw a bus labeled “VIP Cast Member”
    -Left for Disney-MGM Studios around 11:30
    -Got a Fastpass for Rock’n’Roller Coaster
    -Used Standby line to ride Tower of Terror
    -Used Standby line to ride Tower of Terror (bought picture)
    -Got Fastpasses for Tower of Terror from people at the exit
    -Ate at Toluca Turkey Leg stand for lunch (I hate the taste of hot dogs…hrmm, oh well)
    -Used Fastpass for Tower of Terror, but Standby line went straight into the libraries anyway
    -Joshua is a great bellhop
    -Rode The Great Movie Ride
    -Got a Fastpass for Star Tours
    -Used Fastpass line for RnRC
    -Used Fastpass line for Star Tours
    -Left
    -Left for EPCOT at about 5:15
    -Got a Fastpass for Mission Space
    -Rode Spaceship Earth
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Mission Space Orange version
    -Got in the Single Rider line for Test Track, but it broke down, so we left
    -Took the boat across the lagoon to Germany
    -Ate dinner at Mitsukoshi Lounge
    -Walked around lagoon and saw Illuminations (thought we could beat the EMH crowd to Soarin’, but no go)
    -Got Fastpass for Test Track
    -Rode Rio Del Tiempo
    -Ate a Cloudberry Horn from the Norway bakery
    -Used Standby line to ride Maelstrom (short wait)
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Test Track (it had broken down earlier in the night, so when they opened it again, they let all the Fastpass people go in before the Standby people)
    -Used Standby Line to ride Mission Space Orange
    -Rode Spaceship Earth
    -End of Day 2

Day 3-May 31
    -EMH at Animal Kingdom (alone)
    -Left room at 7:18
    -Got on an almost full standing room only bus because I was by myself (this allowed me to bypass a good half of the line)
    -Stood outside the gates of Animal Kingdom waiting for them to start letting people in for about 20 minutes
    -Ran and got Fastpass for 8:45-9:45 for Everest
    -Used Standby line to ride Everest (got to walk straight to loading platform)
    -Used Standby line to ride Everest (had to wait a little while this time)
    -Waited for Everest Fastpass to come along (had about 20 minutes) by going to see if Kali River Rapids was open (it wasn’t)
    -Used Fastpass for Expedition Everest (went in at 8:45 and was off by 8:52, so I rode Everest 3 times in 32 minutes, not including the 20 minutes I burned waiting for the Fastpass to start working)
    -Walked to Dinoland
    -For some reason, the terrified looks that you can see in most of the Dinosaur pictures are funny, especially the ones involving little kids because it doesn’t seem like people pay attention to all the signs saying that this is a scary and intense ride
    -Got a drink and left Animal Kingdom at about 9:20
    -Arrived in the Magic Kingdom around 10:45
    -Checked Timeboard
    -Walked through the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    -At 11:39, got a Fastpass for Splash Mountain for 12:45-1:45
    -A duck hit me while I was taking pictures on the Splash Mountain bridge (wing clipped my hair)
    -Used Standby line to ride Haunted Mansion
    -Used Standby line to watch Mickey’s Philharmagic
    -Got Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    -Used Fastpass to ride Splash Mountain
    -Used Fastpass to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    -Rode from Frontierland to Main Street on the Train
    -Left Magic Kingdom at about 2:50 to Coronado Springs and then to Downtown Disney
    -Saw a bus labeled “Mickey Mouse”
    -Ate at Earl of Sandwich while my mom and aunt ate at Wolfgang Puck Express for lunch
    -I said I’d leave on the first bus that arrived at the Marketplace bus zone, and it just so happened to be for Fort Wilderness (because I couldn’t get a bus from Downtown Disney to MGM Studios)
    -This was a bad idea. One of the worst of the entire trip, but I got right on an MGM Studios bus when I finally got to where I was supposed to be. Fort Wilderness apparently has busses to get to other busses…fun stuff
    -Got in MGM at about 5:40 (alone)
    -Caught the end of the parade
    -Got a Fastpass for Tower of Terror for 6:25-7:25
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Tower of Terror
    -Met with group and got wristband for EMH
    -Got a Fastpass for Tower of Terror for 7:50-8:50
    -Waited for and watched Fantasmic from the Standing section (first time for my aunt to see Fantasmic, and first time for my mom and me to see the WDW version)
    -Checked reservation at the Sci-Fi Dine-In
    -Used Standby line to ride Star Tours (The line was only about 10 people away from the loading turnstiles, but it took them between 5-10 minutes to actually let us in, and then when we got into the vehicle, it took another 5-10 minutes just to start the ride), although I did hear something funny. The guy that checks the seatbelts and starts the ride, as he left, said, “May the Force be with you, because I won’t be”
    -Ate dinner at the Sci-Fi Dine-In
    -Got a Fastpass for Tower of Terror
    -Got handed 3 Fastpasses for Tower of Terror and 3 Fastpasses for RnRC
    -Mom and Aunt went home (I had been having breathing problems since the night before, it was pretty rough)
    -Used Fastpass line to ride RnRC
    -Used Fastpass line to ride RnRC
    -Went to use Tower of Terror Fastpass, but 2 of the elevators were down, so I gave my excess Fastpasses away to people in the Standby line
    -Bought Tinker Bell plush for a friend and left
    -Got to a bus right on time
    -End of Day 3

Day 4-June 1
    -At 8:05, we were on a bus to EPCOT
    -Waited for opening at EPCOT. They let us in as far as the fountain. This is where I can say my favorite part of the trip came in. It was also the most magical. They had some very good CMs out talking to the crowd, and an announcement informed us that very special guests would be helping to open the park. Out come Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip, Dale, and Mary Poppins to drop the ropes. But that wasn’t the end of it. We were all led in a really orderly fashion to the Land pavilion, and once down the stairs to go to Soarin’, all of the CMs from the lower food court were there, waiting, giving out high fives and welcoming us to the park as the music from the Parade of Dreams played in the background. Pure magic
    -Got a Fastpass for Soarin’
    -Used Standby line to ride Soarin’
    -Walked over to Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment to kill some time, but it closed just as we walked up
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Soarin’
    -Ate at Fountainview Café for a snack
    -Went to Club Cool and tried the international drinks (all out of Vegibeta…I was sad…and Beverly will haunt my dreams for a while)
    -Used Single Rider line to ride Test Track
    -Left EPCOT via monorail to have lunch at the Kona Café at the Polynesian
    -Took monorail to Magic Kingdom
    -Rode It’s a Small World (it was down for refurb in 2004)
    -Got a Fastpass for the Jungle Cruise
    -Rode Aladdin’s Magic Carpets (for the first time)
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Jungle Cruise (the boat was the Bomokandi Bertha and Ethan was our skipper)
    -Left Magic Kingdom by myself via the All Star Movies Bus
    -Chose to go to Animal Kingdom because the AK bus got there before the MGM bus
    -Got a Fastpass for Primeval Whirl
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Primeval Whirl
    -Played carnival games
    -Left
    -I was impatient, so I took a bus to the TTC and then took a monorail to EPCOT to meet with the group
    -Started walking around World Showcase at Canada
    -Ate at Chefs de France (lucky to get a table)
    -After Illuminations, rode Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment
    -Got a Fastpass for Test Track
    -Rode Spaceship Earth
    -Group left, and I rode Spaceship Earth again
    -Used Standby line to ride Mission Space (switched to green because my stomach wasn’t feeling so well)
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Test Track and gave the other 2 away
    -Did the GM thing at the end of Test Track
    -Rode Spaceship Earth (AGAIN)
    -End of Day 4

Day 5-June 2
    -Left for MGM
    -Got a Fastpass for RnRC
    -Used Standby line to ride RnRC
    -Aunt left to go back to the hotel
    -Did the Backlot Tour and I volunteered for the Pearl Harbor Attack Show
    -Got to be the Mechanic…fun stuff
    -According to Adam, the CM, my instructions were “Look right and pick up the phone. If you look left……you die. If you stand up…….you die. If you look left and stand up…….you die…twice.”
    -I liked the “Get Lost” T-Shirts in the shop, but none my size
    -Watched Muppetvision 3D
    -Watched Star Wars Motorcade from a great spot (Jay Laga’aia (Captain Typho) was really cool. He actually vaulted himself out of his little motorcade car to go shake hands with kids and kiss old ladies in wheelchairs. Cool guy)
    -Watched the 11:50 Lights, Motors, Action show
    -Mom went back to the hotel
    -Got a frozen coke
    -Checked Tower of Terror Standby time
    -Left
    -Went to Magic Kingdom via bus to TTC and monorail to Magic Kingdom
    -I like the Stitch announcements over the speakers, especially “Welcome to Stitch Kingdom. Mahalo and have a wonderful day.”
    -Entered the Magic Kingdom and checked out the VMK Central.
    -Waited for Stitch’s Great Escape, and ended up waiting 20-30 minutes because one of the theaters went down.
    -Ate at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Café for lunch
    -Watched Share a Dream Come True parade from a great spot in Frontierland
    -Used Standby line to ride the Jungle Cruise
    -Watched the Tiki Room Under New Management show
    -Got name badge
    -Did VMK quests (by guessing)
    -Caught the tail end of Cinderellabration (didn’t like it)
    -Met with group
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Splash Mountain (not sure exactly when I got this Fastpass, but probably before lunch)
    -Got a Fastpass for Peter Pan
    -Rode Snow White’s Scary Adventure
    -Used Standby line to watch Mickey’s Philharmagic
    -It started raining really hard
    -Used Standby line to ride Peter Pan’s Flight (took forever because the person in charge of Fastpass would let about 2 groups (regardless of how many people) go from standby line, then let anywhere between 30-50 Fastpass people in before letting in another 2 groups or so of standby line people)
    -Ate at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
    -Watched some of Spectromagic as we walked to Tomorrowland
    -Watched Carousel of Progress
    -Watched Wishes
    -Used Standby line to ride Space Mountain
    -Used Standby line to ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
    -Rode Mad Tea Party
    -Used Standby line to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    -Aunt and Mom left for hotel
    -Did the Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
    -Used Standby line to ride Splash Mountain
    -It was almost walk on by the time I got off, but I wanted to make sure I could fit everything else in, so I left Splash
    -Rode Aladdin’s Magic Carpets
    -Used Standby line to ride Jungle Cruise
    -Got a Dole whip
    -Left
    -End of Day 5

Day 6-June 3
    -Got a Fastpass for Expedition Everest
    -Used Standby line to ride Kiliminjaro Safari
    -Walked the Pangani Forest Trail
    -Used Fastpass line to ride Expedition Everest
    -Used Single Rider line to ride Expedition Everest
    -Walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek
    -Ate at Chakrandi Chicken Shop (which is apparently now closed)
    -Used Fastpass line for Kali River Rapids (I don’t remember when we got this one either. My aunt didn’t ride with us. 4 rafts were backed up at the drop, including ours. We were stopped there for like 5 minutes, and with that fire and the sun, it wasn’t a fun 5 minutes.
    -Mom and Aunt left
    -Got a Fastpass for Primeval Whirl
    -Decided to leave
    -Hopped bus to MGM
    -Bought a Pirates Skull and Crossbones pin (the cartoony looking one)
    -There had been scaffolding with lights in front of the hat the entire time (talk about a quick way to make the hat uglier than it already was) and today, there was a stage and the pillars had decorative bases
    -Ate lunch at Pizza Planet
    -Saw two T-shirts people were wearing that I liked: “Vader was framed” and a “Who’s Your Daddy” Vader t-shirt
    -Used Standby line and watched the 1:30 Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    -Got a Fastpass for Tower of Terror
    -Used Standby line to ride RnRC (shockingly short line)
    -Decided to forego my Fastpass and left for Animal Kingdom Lodge for a 4:50 dinner at Boma
    -The Zebra Domes dessert is good
    -Left by myself for Animal Kingdom
    -Used Standby line and watched It’s Tough to be a Bug
    -Used Single Rider line to ride Everest (got my photo because of the free promotion from the game)
    -Used Standby line to ride Kali River Rapids
    -Left to go back to hotel
    -Went to Downtown Disney from hotel to do shopping at Once Upon a Toy and The World of Disney
    -At about midnight, fireworks were going off, except the display was rather odd, and we could see them from our hotel. We assumed it was a private display.
    -End of Day 6

Day 7-June 4
    -Left early for MGM by myself at 8:15
    -Lucky to get a bus because the driver said that everyone else still in line would be there for 15-20 minutes because a bunch of busses broke down in one place
    -Used Standby line to ride RnRC
    -Got a Fastpass for Tower of Terror (standby was longer than I cared for)
    -The stage and pillars were down
    -Rode The Great Movie Ride (car in the gangster shootout scene didn’t come out)
    -Did the 10 am Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Play It Star Wars Edition because of Warwick Davis (someone got all the way to the 500,000 point question)
    -Ate at the ABC Commissary
    -Watched the Legends of the Force Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade again (This time Jay was using a handheld camcorder to tape the crowd from his car)
    -Checked Tower of Terror Standby line and was afraid I wouldn’t be able to get back to the hotel on time to leave, so I watched some streetmosphere performances and left.
    -Ate lunch at Everything Pop
    -End of Day 7 and End of Trip

Souvenirs Bought
    -Name Badge
    -The Red Head Action Figure
    -Tinkerbell Plush Toy (for a friend)
    -Haunted Mansion Donald and Pirates of the Caribbean Donald Rubber Ducks (for another friend)
    -Skull and Crossbones Pin
    -Poster with the 50 different mouse ear designs on it

Ride Counts
    EPCOT
    Spaceship Earth-5
    Maelstrom-1
    Rio del Tiempo-1
    Test Track-4
    Mission Space-5
    Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment-2
    Soarin’-2
    Living with the Land-1
    Honey I Shrunk the Audience-1
    MagicKingdom
    Train-1
    Aladdin’s Magic Carpets-2
    Jungle Cruise-3
    The Tiki Room Under New Management-1
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse-1
    Splash Mountain-3
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad-1
    Snow Whites’ Scary Adventure-1
    Mad Tea Party-1
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-1
    Mickey’s Philharmagic-2
    Peter Pan’s Flight-1
    It’s a Small World-1
    Carousel of Progress-1
    Stitch’s Great Escape-1
    Space Mountain-1
    Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin-1
    MGM
    Star Tours-2
    Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular-1
    Tower of Terror-11
    Rock’n’Roller Coaster-6
    Lights, Motors, Action-1
    Backlot Tour-1
    The Great Movie Ride-2
    Millionaire-1
    Muppetvision 3D-1
    Animal Kingdom
    Kiliminjaro Safaris-1
    It’s Tough to be a Bug-1
    Kali River Rapids-3
    Dinosaur-9
    Primeval Whirl-2
    Expedition Everest-9

Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 06-05-2006 at 04:09 PM.

http://community.webshots.com/album/163679650WencOi

Er...that's the proper link. Sorry. Also, I apologize for the triple post. The album has about 388 pictures.