View Poll Results: What does the Magic Kingdom need the most?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • New management - anyone know another Ouimet?

19 35.19%
  • Re-training of Cast Members - WDW has the least Disney CMs in the world, and should have the best

6 11.11%
  • Attraction refurbishment - a certain haunted house springs to mind

27 50.00%
  • Park refurbishment - paint, re-building, higher standards of hygiene and maintenance

31 57.41%
  • Entertainment overhaul - do you think the Magic Kingdom needs more things going on?

13 24.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

What is the Magic Kingdom crying out for?

Okay, so I think we have come to the basic conclusion that the Magic Kingdom needs the most work at WDW of the four main parks, now more than ever with all the comparisons to the dazzling Disneyland. I believe that yes, Disneyland is the original, it should always be kept in tip-top condition, but the Magic Kingdom is the flagship theme park at Disney's flagship resort, and should be kept to standards just as high, or even higher than Disneyland's.

So what do you think the Magic Kingdom needs the most?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Re: What is the Magic Kingdom crying out for?

I don't know if the MK needs the most work, but MGM needs some help too I think.

I voted.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Blog Entries

I think first and foremost it needs to get back to the standards it used to have. Fix all that peeling and faded paint. Hire enough staff to keep the place clean so it doesn't look like a county fair during rush times. Then secondly refurb a few of the rides, mainly The Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, although a few others could use it as well.

I wouldn't mind one new E-ticket where 20k used to be, but it doesn't need it to be great again. It just needs an overall major spring cleaning with a focus on great CM's who care about the park. (Unfortunately, the last part will be the hardest part to fix.)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll even take a couple D or C ticket dark rides over one E ticket.

• Vehicle rotating backward

New management and attraction refurbishment.

Management is obvious, Weiss ought to be promoted out of relevance by now. How long is this taking?

Attraction refurb, is a difficult one. There's a number of attractions at the MK that need a few months (or in the case of a big one, over a year) of closure. Now, some people may also go as far to say that since MK is the flagship of the entire park line, why shouldn't it have the best of everything? They certainly have a good point, but I don't think it's feasable to go around the park shutting down rides and upgrading the hell out of everything.

• Banned User

hiring cms is going to be a problem. as there is a tight labor market in orlando right now. very tight. I would love to see more entertainment. at least two shows at the MK however like i said before, I know how hard it is to hire qualified entertainers. and they have to staff four parks not just one. Last summer disney was hiring 15 year olds if they had family members working at the resort. they also interviewed an hour away and were offering transportation to and from the park daily in order to staff during the summer. they still didn't get all the seasonal positions filled. that is one of the reasons they have opened up the CP for the summer. hopefully that will fill the gap.

• Banned User

The CP from what I've been told isn't filling the gap... and pay will have to be raised very soon to something a tad higher than Universal's pay.

• Banned User

I agree but at least the Cp is a stop gap measure. I can assure you if they could hire more locals they wouldn't be having a summer Cp program. and I am not so sure that even raising starting pay would help at this point. It would help keep the CMs that are there but I can tell you from experience that raising starting salaries can get very tricky. especially when you have Cms that have worked for awhile but don't get raises or get their salaries raised to starting pay. that is what usually happens.

I wish they would fix up MGM...I really like this park. Maybe not so much as a fix-up but some additional 'theme' rides. It is also a shame that the studio part of this venture never really amounted to much. But the same can be said of US.

• Banned User

Its time to show al weiss the door.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

What does the Magic Kingdom need the most?
    New management - anyone know another Ouimet?

Yes some fresh blood might not be so content with how things are going.

Re-training of Cast Members - WDW has the least Disney CMs in the world, and should have the best
    I don't know maybe I miss them but I don't think MK has better or worse CMs than any of the other park. Many seem to be pretty good at being "happy" or at least correctly applying guest service. Honestly...I think the most malcontent CMs are the Jungle Cruise skippers. There is where I find the most "get me out of here I don't give a crap" bored CMs.

Bastards.

Attraction refurbishment - a certain haunted house springs to mind
    Yes. Always needs this in a steady rotation.

Park refurbishment - paint, re-building, higher standards of hygiene and maintenance
    Yes. Always needs this in a steady rotation.

Entertainment overhaul - do you think the Magic Kingdom needs more things going on?

I enjoy what WDW has for streetmosphere and most of the time it is enough. I think something back in LS and Tomorrowland could work though. But if you are talking stageshows...NO!

You know what else the Magic Kingdom needs? A break sometimes. Yeah when something is wrong vocalize it. And as a whole it could use some sprucing. But it doesn't need constant attacks like it always gets now that Disneyland is fixed. Call me content, an appologist...I don't care. I am just a Magic Kingdom fan...and while it could certainly use a big dose of upkeepin' love, sometimes it just needs to be appreciated. As Disney fans we don't always need to point out every flaw.

• Banned User

Speedway...can I vote for "all of the above"???

The MK could use a new D or E ticket, but the immediate need is for the MK's current attraction lineup to be updated and improve to at least DLP standard. That is where the MK looses the magic for me.. It's rides and attractions are old and dated and need state of the art pixie dusting. It's a shame that DLP's 15 year old rides are of much better and newer technology over the MK's. Then the buildings/walkways/benches need to be refreshed and repainted. Newer and more lavish entertainment needs to be added as well... Maybe then, I could live with a new attraction worthy of becoming a classic, just like EE has become at DAK.

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I am just a Magic Kingdom fan...and while it could certainly use a big dose of upkeepin' love, sometimes it just needs to be appreciated. As Disney fans we don't always need to point out every flaw.
    Well said. There are a lot of positives (obviously, none of us would return if there weren't), and sometimes its nice to sit back and take all of the good things in.

I voted for general repair. I can live without new entertainment or dated attractions for a while, just as long as the park as a whole looks good. I was eating in the Plaza restaurant and noticed chair dents and chipping paint on one of the columns in the middle of the room. I understand that the damage results from normal wear and tear, but it just didn't sit right with me. It wouldn't bother me in the least if I saw areas such as this being repaired during normal operating hours. I don't understand why the MK can't be in better condition. Maybe its careless guests, maybe its not.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    As Disney fans we don't always need to point out every flaw.
    I disagree. For the very basic reason that many Disney "phanthoms" lurk in the Disney Fan boards. These are the people who want to find out what we know and what we don't like and the ones in power to effect change. Comments about poor maintenance around Tomorrowland's benches near the Grand Prix raceway have already caused management to repaint and clean those areas. Moaning about quality does pay in the long run, and I for one will continue to do so until the day they give me a complimentary lifetime pass. When that happens.... I will shut up for good.

Re-training of Cast Members - WDW has the least Disney CMs in the world, and should have the best
    I disagree, I have heard horror stories about the Paris Disneyland Cast Members to be a nasty bunch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast