View Poll Results: What epcot attraction are you most glad is gone?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • World of Motion

1 3.85%
  • (original) Universe of Energy

3 11.54%
  • Captain EO

13 50.00%
  • Food Rocks/ Kitchen Kabaret

4 15.38%
  • Journey into YOUR imagination

5 19.23%
  • Communicore

0 0%
  • Horizons

0 0%

• If We Can Dream It...

Epcot attractions that are gone for GOOD!

What I'm wanting to know is what Epcot attraction are you most thankful has been removed. Obviously a lot of people are going to say Journey into Your Imagination, but if you could think of something else that would be awesome. Ol' Epcot Center was/is great (check out my username ) but that doesn't mean everything about it was great. Oh, and don't forget why your glad it is gone. Thanks!
    </IMG>

Blog Entries

Re: Epcot attractions that are gone for GOOD!

I'm not really glad anything is gone, but I guess I'd have to say Captain Eo. I loved the attraction as a kid, but Michael just got way too weird for my taste over time.

• Inappropriate

I second exactly what kcnole said.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Married and happy again!!

While I never hated any of the attractions listed, I did dislike Journey Into Your Imagination the most of the ones listed. It just lacked the whimsy and charm of the original attraction (not to mention the lack of Figment and Dreamfinder). Captain EO would be my next selection not due to it being a bad attraction but rather due to the light shed on the true life Wackoness of one Wacko Jacko, Michael Jackson. The rest of the attractions listed I truley miss (YES, I am the sole weirdo that liked the original UOE and Food Rocks and Kitchen Kabaret).
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

i loved kitchen caberet. " vegie, fruit fruit, vegie vegie, fruit , fruit." that songs is still in my mind. even food rocks was fun. i never saw journey into your imagination. well the one without figment anyway. horizon's was fun but it got old really fast. and world of motion was alot of fun but too much like space ship earth. however there are times i miss it. I saw captain eo twice and was glad when they replaced it. to me it had little to do with the imagination pavilion. it was just a movie that george lucas made with micheal jackson and they needed a replacement for the 3-d movie that was there.

• We're number one!

That's a difficult question, but I agree with kcnole in saying CaptainEO. The show was cheesy fun, but then after all the accusations about Michael Jackson came out it got a little weird. The attraction that is in it's place right now though, Honey I Shrunk the Audience is one I wish was gone. I'm ready for a new attraction there.

Blog Entries

I'm ready for the whole imagination pavilion to be re-imagined. To me the whole thing there including the figment ride and hista is old, dated, and boring.

Yea...I just can't watch Michael Jackson without feeling a bit put off. But I also stopped listening to his music after Thriller (Off The Wall is a classic album.) Sorry to get off the topic...but I do miss the World of Motion.

• If We Can Dream It...

I realize nobody likes to see attractions go. I just feel that with so many people always upset over attractions closing(especially at epcot), why not change it up a bit. See what people feel is a "turn in a better direction". Be glad for change once and a while. I guess I worded the question wrong, I don't mean you hate the attraction. I mean you feel it was the attraction's time to go or your deeply satisfied with the replacement. Sorry if I'm being confusing, and I know I can be, so just bear with me.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    I'm ready for the whole imagination pavilion to be re-imagined. To me the whole thing there including the figment ride and hista is old, dated, and boring.
    "John Lasseter... Mr. John Lasseter... please call the Epcot operator."

"Tony Baxter... Mr. Tony Baxter... please call the Epcot operator."

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Vehicle rotating backward

Then I'll vote Food Rocks because Soarin', as much as it grinds my gears, is the biggest improvement of all that on the list.

I could have voted World of Motion, though, as I see very little to be charmed about that ride. Spaceship Earth without the architectual marvel.