• I'm reaching new Horizons

What epcot ride would love to see back and updated?

I was recently thinking about old epcot attractions and I wanted to ask you, What Epcot attraction would you bring back and what changes would you make to it?

1. The World of Motion
    2. Horizons
    3. Journey into Imagination (pre 2001)
    4. Spaceship Earth (Pre 1994)
    5. Communicore
    6. Other
    7. No, there good closed

• Married and happy again!!

Re: What epcot ride would love to see back and updated?

Options 1 thru 5 are all good ones. I miss the World Of Motion , the original Imagination ride and Horizons alot. I miss some of the way Spaceship Earth used to be and I loved the old Communicores and the old shop in it (the new one just is so generic, I even like the sound of the gears in the old shop maybe I was the only one) I also loved the behind the senes show that they did (yes it was kind of chessy but I liked it anyway). For most of them I would have just added some updated scenes (I.E. in the World Of Motion show more uptodate transportation but keep the end where you see yourself in the futuristic ride car that was always cool to me) or like in the case of Horizions maybe add a new option like instead of living only in space on a space station we could have changed the option to a space base like idea on like the moon or something like that. Also you could have removed the sea option (since to some degree that was the idea of Seabase Alpha in the Living Seas was). It could have been replaced with living in under ground idea. If you wanted to change the desert option you could go in the oposite direction and go with living in the Antartic and have I caves and such (kind of like on Hoth from the Empire Strikes Back) . Or you could have done a living in the sky idea (ala the Jetsons). I always felt Horizons had potential It just needed updates when new tech was avalible. The Original Imagination ride with Dreamfinder and Figment was just so much more entertaining than either of the replacements and the original Imageworks was better too.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i am new to the WDW scene..I wish I could see all of the atractions

• We're number one!

I actually posted this in the duplicate topic that was created, but it seems that the party is over here so...

I couldn't vote because the first three attractions you have listed there (Horizons, World of Motion and Journey Into Imagination) are all attractions that I would love to see come back. I also think that with a little work and some updating they could be something special. Horizons though is one attraction though which I thought part of the fun was the Jetson like idea of the future that it portrayed, but that has not come to pass. It's something that people can look at and laugh at but also makes them wonder if we will ever have flying cars and such.

• Minion

Horizons. Wouldn't change a thing.

• Banned User

Wink Re: What epcot ride would love to see back and updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    Horizons. Wouldn't change a thing.
    Horizons.. update the family... and music...

Horizons Most Definately. The only thing I would change are the ride vehicles .
    The thing to remember about Horizons is that it was designed to show a possible but far off future. it never gave a year or a decade, so it was timeless. All of the improvements to technology and society were all possible..... " nothing here is beyond the Horizon"
    I would like to see this attraction back and an update in its predocessors Finale.
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

Horizons was ahead of its time, the building is all that needs some updating, as in it was about to cave in/fall down/ or whatever. While innovative, if it had a more stable building in the long run, it might still be around. The spacey and sleek building of Mission:SPACE if tweaked a bit would have been a nice replacement facade...
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 05-30-2006 at 03:27 PM.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    Horizons was ahead of its time, the building is all that needs some updating
    It needed a new building! The thing was falling appart! I agree it was a great attraction, something totally mind boggling and magical.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

I liked all of those attractions. I would probably say no to World of Motion because while it was OK, I prefer Test Track. The original Imagination was much better than what they have now.

I'd really like to see them redo El Rio del Tiempo. They could do so much more with that concept.

my vote would be World of Motion. That ride was great.

• Big Bucks, No Whammies!

Jouney into Imagination. It just doesn't feel the same to me without DreamFinder.