Thread: FL question-

• Original Mice-Chatter

FL question-

#1- what is gas going for down there these days?

#2- I assume it is much cooler in May than in July (when I was there last year)- so I am guessing I will not need the AC nearly as much?? That killed my gas mileage last time!

Currently the lowest gas prices on Disney property are $2.20 a gallon. Yes the weather is cooler and actually driving with the windows up and the air on should improve your mileage while traveling on highways because open windows increase resistince (wind). I find my mileage figures jump up a little when I travel and use the air as oppposed to having the windows open. For piddling around town I usually have the windows open.

• Banned User

Have anyone else notice that gas prices at WDW's Hess Stations are among the cheapest in town?? Whereas the former Exxon used to charge the highest??

• Brown Derby Caricatures

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Have anyone else notice that gas prices at WDW's Hess Stations are among the cheapest in town?? Whereas the former Exxon used to charge the highest??
    I've noticed, and very (pleasantly) surprised. Now I try to make sure to stop by the Hess at Disney-MGM after work when I need a fill-up.
    "Oh, now there's a surprise! I could have a heart attack and die from not surprised!"
    -Iago, Aladdin

• The Concierge

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days of an Exxon "premium" of about 30 cents. Even some of the gas stations outlining the property on 535 are through the roof. I appreciate the efforts of Hess to keep prices "normal" and not inflate it to take advantage of folks. I love Hess, too, because they have Coke Icees!

Sometimes you feel gouged as it is, don't add insult to injury when your rental car needs a drink, too!

Love You Hess,
    Ric
    Director, Concierge Services
    HOLLYWOOD TOWER HOTEL
    established 1939

and featuring
    TIP TOP CLUB

on the top floor