• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

Star Wars Weekend

Alright, so I'm going to Disney World on the 8th and 9th, and I'm going to be spendng time at all the parks. We're saving the magic kingdom for the 13th. How long should I spend at MGM and the Star Wars weekend I want to do pictures and the Jedi Training thing. How long do you think I should spend there?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Star Wars Weekend

The Jedi Training Academy is held several times during the day. You'll need tp pick up a show schedule with your park map (there's a separate one for Star Wars Weekends).

I say spend as much time as you want at MGM. The lines for some of the characters can be pretty long though (Darth Vader averages 30-45 minutes and even the Anakin face character has waits of 30 minutes or so because he didn't make anyone feel rushed. He took time to talk to everyone, especially the little kids... and I'm still stunned at how much he looks like Hayden Christiansen).

• Banned User

I would not spend more than a few hours. Not much to see and do this year for SW weekends it seemed.

• Shablagoo!

Spend as much time as you want. If you are having fun, who cares where you are.

It's your vacation, spend all the time you want and enjoy yourself. Life is too short to take shortcuts! I'm not a Star Wars fan, but my cousin plays one of the bounty hunters and so I've gone a few times to see her in action. She's the creepy/sexy person with the bald white head and a long aerial sticking up out of it. She's awesome!
    As others have said, the characters are wonderful and worth waiting in line for, even Darth and Anakin. Princess Amidala was a gem and and Princess Lea was so sweet to everyone. And it's true about the actor playing Anakin, he does look exactly like Hayden Christiansen fromt the movie. The Storm Troopers wander all over the place and love to "play" with the guests!
    And go to the training camps, etc. It's your experience, so go and have fun!! My favorite photo is of me and Jedi Mickey back to back with our light sabers, and this from someone who doesn't care for the whole Star Wars thing! Hey, I was in 7th grade when the original movie came out, so you know I'm an old geyser now! I didn't get it then, and I don't now!!!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

If Chewbacca <sp?> is around, make an effort to go see him. Even I, the non Star Wars fan, was impressed by him last year.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?