Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Even the TDS Indy has a different storyline from the DL one, albeit, same ride for the most part, only with nicer special effects.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Even the TDS Indy has a different storyline from the DL one, albeit, same ride for the most part, only with nicer special effects.
    That's about the most I've heard about Tokyo's Indy... Can you elaborate on the details? What is the storyline in Tokyo, what is the building themed like, how is the queue set up, what did you like better?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    That's about the most I've heard about Tokyo's Indy... Can you elaborate on the details? What is the storyline in Tokyo, what is the building themed like, how is the queue set up, what did you like better?
    Too many details to explain here, just read this little synopsis...

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/lost_river...ones/index.htm

Or the explanation on TDS' site.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...c_indiana.html
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-19-2005 at 11:15 PM.

• Banned User

What about the fire effect in the main room? Is the vortex really that better?

• Banned User

The vortex is cool to look at because they have spot lights that "paint" it. But it's a similar effect you see at Universal's twister in the center of the stage. There are no fire effects at TDS' Indy and some fans think that makes it inferior, however, I don't prefer one over the other, but TDS' does have better mood lighting a upgraded effects.

• Banned User

Hopefully if they do a clone for WDW, it will be a mix of the best effects from the Tokyo ride and the fire from the Anaheim ride.

• Banned User

As long as they keep Paco.

To me, Tokyo's is far superior to Disneyland's. Honestly, I didn't even know there wasn't fire effects, because I was too busy looking at the huge amount of other apecial effects that consume the Tokyo version. First off, the Crystal Skull is way way cooler then the dumb little Mara with the blinking eyes in Anahiem. The twister is simply incredible, and a lot better executed then Twister in Universal Florida. It's a shining blue vortex which spans the height of the show building. Tons better then generic fire effects which are overused in Anahiem to distract you from the obviously fake 'lava' effect used as the floor in the main show room. The statue that blows a smoke ring around your car is a million times better then our seriously lame 'dropping rat' hologram effect that hardly ever works. But the coolest improvements, IMHO, is the dart room. Ours is so freaking cheap, simply a normal dark ride room with painted flat walls that look like statues that shoot air. In Tokyo, you have these awesome completely 3D sculpted evil looking statues with glowing red eyes...and when they shoot the fake darts, it's actually scary. The cue, you could argue is about the same in detail and scope, although a completely different experience. They don't have Disneyland's 'cave sequence' or 'spike room', but they make up for it by a giant Pyramid cue area with hundreds of skeletons and excavator bridges, and my favorite part......this awesome, creepy, metel reflective mirror type thing which every 5 minutes or so, has an entire show sequence where a blue light shines on it, getting brighter and brighter until it's blinding. Then nothing. It's totally beautifal, and incredibly unsettiling. A little detail that really sets the tone for a scary experience (even though, of course, the ride is just silliness.) Another improvement in the Tokyo version is that Indy's office isn't enclosed in a cage so you can't see any of the detail inside of it like in Anihiem. It's completely open and right up close to the cue, and you can see everything. I assume this is because the Japanese don't totally vandalize the cues like Americans would, but it's a massive improvement, and totally immerses you.

And the best thing of all about Tokyo's version??? It IS ROUGH, WILD AND JERKY! EXACTLY how Disneyland's was during it's first year of operation, before whiney and fat stupid americans complained to Disneyland and they toned ours down about 75%, making for (compared to Tokyo's) a really yawning experience for those that had never ridden the original. The same reason they added trim brakes to Muholland Madness, and DCA's bumper cars have the same thrill as being hit at 1MPH by a nerf ball.

I love Disneyland, but Tokyo's Indy is superior in too many ways to even possibly make a comparison.

• Banned User

WOW! you did great up there with your assessment of TDS' Indy. Reason why I didn't even want to attemp it on my post #33 above!

• The one, the only...

Are there only five or six good ideas out there!

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    Hmmm... I take it that you haven't heard the news?

I agree that the last movie came out in the '89 and that Harrison Ford is technically
    a senior citizen, but number four is coming out. Indiana Jones is definitely not
    "ancient history".
    Have people forgotten that sequels are more often than not a poorer version of the original. How many people loved the last couple Star Wars movies? Anybody excited about the next one? Good ideas are sometime beaten to death because they are repeated so much. How many people are excited about Lion King 1 1/2? Are there only a few good ideas left in the Universe? Come on! Walt would not repeat himself like this.

Use the same technology and do something new. There has to be something better, something greater to be done! :confused: I refuse to accept that every part has to have all the same rides done over and over again. I might be fun to argue about which version of Indy at which park is better, but let's move on. There are new and more exciting things to create and experience.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Have people forgotten that sequels are more often than not a poorer version of the original. How many people loved the last couple Star Wars movies? Anybody excited about the next one? Good ideas are sometime beaten to death because they are repeated so much. How many people are excited about Lion King 1 1/2? Are there only a few good ideas left in the Universe? Come on! Walt would not repeat himself like this.

Use the same technology and do something new. There has to be something better, something greater to be done! :confused: I refuse to accept that every part has to have all the same rides done over and over again. I might be fun to argue about which version of Indy at which park is better, but let's move on. There are new and more exciting things to create and experience.
    I liked the last star wars movies... NOt as good as the originals. But boy am i excited for the 3rd one! I'm not trying to disprove you, bu i enjoyed them. ANd the 3rd one is where all he** breaks loose. Who can resist? Hehehe. But yuo create a good point. I'm a sucker for the Indy rides. But if they can make something better to replace the stunt show, then i'm all for it! You're right about Walt. People wanted a sequel to the 3 little pigs cartoon, and walt said "You can't top Pigs with Pigs." So you are right there. But then again Walt did start plans on the Magic Kingdom....which was another Disneyland. So..i dunno. But a cool ride in place of the stunt show would be awesome. It just needs to suck crowds away from ToT and Rock N Roller coaster.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Admittedly the last Indiana Jones movie was a long time ago. But Indiana Jones is the most iconics action hero in movies since James Bond. And if Disney could nap the rights to Bond, I'm sure they'd do that too. Indy is bigger than the three movies he starred in. The Indy rides continue to be big draws and I'm sure a ride in FL would be no exception.

If you think Indy is outdated, name another action character you'd like to see a ride based on. Particularily one Disney has a chance of getting the rights to.

• Minion

ORDDU: It really doesn't matter how old a particular movie is--as long as the attrction built for it is of high quality. Some attractions aren't even based on ANY movie--and still continue to be popular--popular enough to INSPIRE movies being made. So, really, just give us a good, high quality attraction on ANYthing and my sisters and I will be quite satisfied, thank you!!

• Banned User

With that logic about old rides, Snow White's Scary Adventures and Peter Pan's Flight should be closed down and gutted as well. Those movies, they're soo old!

• Banned User

hmm.. even if it is olde and their is a rumor of a new movie being made after starwars is over next month.... it is still entertaiging.. (and they might change out some of the stunts for a new movie)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast