Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Inappropriate

MGM Studios future

So i'm sure everyone has heard the rumor that the Indy stunt show will be replaced with a Indy Adventure (from Disneyland) clone, but supposedly better. This is supposed to happen after Lights, Motors, Cars Exploding (hehe) is up and running for awhile. So what're your thoughts on it?

I think it's a good idea, for a number of reasons. The first argument most likely to hear is that "Disney World is stealing another attraction from Disneyland!" I'm putting a veto in that argument right now! It's the same company. And it's a great ride. Let the easterners have it.

Secondly, In MGM Studios, the two most popular rides of the park are right next to each other: Tower of Terror and Rock N' Roller Coaster. (I've also heard that there's room for another big right right next to the RnR, but i don't know if that's true or not.) Anyway, with those two rides rightnetx to each other, I'm sure everyone has noticed that that end of the park is CROWDED! A sweet Indy ride at the opposite end of the park shuld suck some of those people away, just judging by how many people wait in line for it at Disneyland.

Another argument bound to come up is that it's the same ride system as Dinosaur at AK. Btto this i say BAH! Most Disney park rides share ride systems. Look at most the fantasyland rides. Then there's rides like Prates and Small World and EL Rio Del Tiempo. Or the spinning spoke rides like Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, Triceratops Spin, Aladdin's Carpets. I"m sure we could all think of more. Oh yeah. Star Tours and Body Wars. But what makes them unique in themselves is the scenery within the ride and the ride elements. An Indy ride would well be able to stand out from Dinosaur.

Okay that's my 2 cents. What do you say?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Minion

ORDDU: Another good reason to have the Indiana Jones Adventure ride replace the Indiana Jones Stunt Show is--quite simply--that the stunt show is no longer as appealing to the masses as it once was. It's repeatability factor has gone by the wayside. My sisters and I only bother with it when we're with friends who've never seen it before.

ORWEN: Too, so many OTHER attractions at Disney M-G-M have been taken away--such as Super Star Television and Monster Sound Stage--or have been watered down, such as Voyage of The Little Mermaid and The Animation Tour--that the whole park is in DIRE need of something to give us all a reason to return.

ORGOCH: 'spec'ly since not ev'ry witch can tolerate Rock 'n Roller Toaster er that dang Hour a Terror!! Indy Jones'd really hit the spot fer an old woman, here, who cain't stand havin' ALL her insides thrown aginst her ribs!!

• Banned User

I can almost gurantee you that the new Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show will NOT live up to expectations. It's simply not as good as Indy, and it doesn't have the staying power that the Indy show has had... simply because there's no movies to back it up and the fact that the show just doesn't have enough. I've attended many previews of the show, and it has a long way to go to beat the Indy Show.

Having said that, I'd rather have the Indy ride than the show.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I can almost gurantee you that the new Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show will NOT live up to expectations. It's simply not as good as Indy, and it doesn't have the staying power that the Indy show has had... simply because there's no movies to back it up and the fact that the show just doesn't have enough. I've attended many previews of the show, and it has a long way to go to beat the Indy Show.

Having said that, I'd rather have the Indy ride than the show.
    The Walt Disney Company announced today that the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will be staying and the new LIGHTS MOTORS ACTION! Ride It! will open on May 5th, giving guests a more realistic experience than was before possible at TEST TRACK at EPCOT.

So the Indy Show is staying and the LIGHTS MOTORS RIDE is going in.

• A Mighty Eye

Yeah, but think about it: LMA could be updated to fit a movie (or movies) in the future. Tower gets new drop profiles every so often, and Rock'n'Rollercoaster could (in theory) replace Aerosmith with a new band. So the Studios has a lot going for it, moreso than Epcot and MK. I think we'll find out what will happen with Indy after we hear more about Indy 4, which could make good use of the stunt show, or also serve as a good way to launch an East Coast version of the Disneyland ride.

I thought TDLfan said that Lights Motors Action had a James Bond tie in, in paris?

anywho from what I've heard two stunt shows was always the plan, though either way Indy could use some replacing at MGM I think

• Banned User

If LMA had a Bond tie in here, it would be a hit... but there's no tie-in, so...

heh heh.

LMA was originally going to have a Bond tie-in, but likely the price was too high for the Mouse. The original designer of the show did work as stunt director for some of the 007 movies.

And I, for one, think it's time to bulldoze Indy and build something else.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    LMA was originally going to have a Bond tie-in, but likely the price was too high for the Mouse. The original designer of the show did work as stunt director for some of the 007 movies.

And I, for one, think it's time to bulldoze Indy and build something else.

how could a rights to 007 cost so much I mean look a crummy company like EA has been totaly trashing the name of Bond in the video game world (milking Rare's success with Goldeneye the only good Bond game, and no not Goldeneye:roge agent that was another EA ripoff)

and so the Paris show does or doesn't have the bond tie in?

I'm still unsure about cloning the Indy ride from Disneyland, especialy if the rumors are true and it has the same track route as Dinosoar

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    how could a rights to 007 cost so much I mean look a crummy company like EA has been totaly trashing the name of Bond in the video game world (milking Rare's success with Goldeneye the only good Bond game, and no not Goldeneye:roge agent that was another EA ripoff)

and so the Paris show does or doesn't have the bond tie in?

I'm still unsure about cloning the Indy ride from Disneyland, especialy if the rumors are true and it has the same track route as Dinosoar

Well after all it is DISNEY-MGM Studios, you'd think they could get the rights from MGM... although my understanding is the deal expires soon and at some point the studios may have to be just DISNEY STUDIOS and remove references to MGM throughout the park. That would mean the end of THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE as there are few Disney movies there.

Also, Indiana Jones and Star Wars are both properties from other movie studios, and Disney licenses the rights to those properties.

Even Roger Rabbit is 1/2 AMBLIN owned I think.

• Inappropriate

I find it ironic that the Indiana Jones movies were put out by Paramount, who has their own chain of amusement parks, yet it's Disney that gets the rides. It makes me laigh But i'm sure if they brought the Indy ride to replace the Indy stunt show, they wouldn't make it the same layout. I think it's supposed to be more like the one in Tokyo...which i know nothing about.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Bear Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Well after all it is DISNEY-MGM Studios, you'd think they could get the rights from MGM... although my understanding is the deal expires soon and at some point the studios may have to be just DISNEY STUDIOS and remove references to MGM throughout the park. That would mean the end of THE GREAT MOVIE RIDE as there are few Disney movies there.

Also, Indiana Jones and Star Wars are both properties from other movie studios, and Disney licenses the rights to those properties.

Even Roger Rabbit is 1/2 AMBLIN owned I think.
    Disney is trying to negotiate with Sony, the new owner of MGM, to extend the license of the MGM name and library. Disney is releasing movies for the PSP, and supporting Sony's Blu-ray DVD over the other HDVD format. They are really sucking up to Sony.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsd
    Disney is trying to negotiate with Sony, the new owner of MGM, to extend the license of the MGM name and library. Disney is releasing movies for the PSP, and supporting Sony's Blu-ray DVD over the other HDVD format. They are really sucking up to Sony.
    Yes, I've been reading that in Daily Variety and the Reporter.

Lets hope these negotiations go better than the ones with Miramax and Pixar. Let's face it Disney got the MGM rights cheap in 1989 and now Disney is going to have to pay a premium.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by cubsd
    Eh... Looking over the specs, it seems that, from a consumer standpoint, Blu-ray is a bit superiod over HD-DVD. So I am not sure I would say Disney is "sucking up" to Sony on that one.
    Now, why anyone would want to make movies for the PSP at this stage is beyond me, unless Sony is lending a helping (read: fist full of dollars) hand.

• Bear Member

Blu-ray IS superior to HD-DVD, just like Betamax was superior to VHS. Which one won out?
    Warner Brothers, Universal, New Line Cinema, and Paramount are all going with HD-DVD. That leaves Sony and Disney on Blu-ray.
    Blu-ray is the favorite for computer makers, but most people still watch DVDs in a player, not on their computer.
    HD-DVD has 85 different titles that will be released before years end, including "Batman Begins", The Harry Potter series, and "Braveheart".
    Blu-ray MAY have some titles available in 2005, but most likely 2006.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast