Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: I'm Going to Disney World Diary.

4 weeks until I leave for 9 days at WDW.

I don't think that I have ever taken a Disney Vacation, where something about the flight hasn't been changed. Thursday night I found out that our departure has been moved up about a half hour at O'Hare, which means we should get into Orlando a little earlier. That is a good thing. However, coming back home, our flight was moved up over an hour, giving us that much less time to enjoy our last day.

Schedules. They never stay the same. I don't like airline travel, and if there were any other quick, and painless way to get to WDW, I'd sign up.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Today after speaking with Jennifer, and discussing her itinerary alongside of my itinerary (and her teenage son has his own itinerary too), we decided that on our very first night, after dinner at "Ohana, we may head to Downtown Disney.

I would like to visit the Adventurer's Club. I believe that I need to use one of the plus features on one of my old passes to get into the place. Jennifer and her kids have decided to do some shopping the first night. I think that is a better idea, rather than doing "Late Night at the MK". It will already be a very long day, considering this is a travel day.

Downtown Disney is the pace to pick up pins, and scrapbook stuff, and so many other cool souvenirs.

However, if our dinner isn't until 7 we will be arriving at Downtown Disney quite late. Although the Disney World Passporter says that the shops stay open until 11 p.m

Planning, trying to make the most out of one's time. Getting an idea, and going for it, or having an idea and then changing it for a better idea. These are all the stages of planning a vacation at Walt Disney World. I love it!

27 days until my vacation.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

BA....you're killin me here....we have 68 days left until our trip..and it's really killing us. Everyday, we ask.."can we go yet?" haha. Reading your excitement just makes it worse!!! Have a great time..be careful and enjoy the peace and quiet in the hotel room. I'm SO excited about going...I'm even looking forward to packing. I started my packing list 2 months ago!

Planning, trying to make the most out of one's time. Getting an idea, and going for it, or having an idea and then changing it for a better idea. These are all the stages of planning a vacation at Walt Disney World. I love it!
    I'm glad you enjoy that..I started planning two months ago, (our trip is in Sept)..I'm planning for my husband, me and our 3 yr old..my friend is joining us..and my father and mother. Planning a trip for all of us has been nerve wrecking! The words.."I don't even want to go anymore!!" have escaped my mouth more than once..but, I trudged through...and hopefully (PLEASE God!!) everything is planned and no more monkey wrenches will be thrown in.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Well I know that my trip is 27 days away, but I accomplished something that I didn't think that I would. I packed a carryon size suitcase, with enough clothes for my 9 day trip. I won't have to do laundry. Then I packed my new "green" backpack with my Disney World Passporter, all my little items, like toiletries, camera, autograph book etc.

The good thing is that everything fit. I won't have to check any bags. I won't have to worry about Magical Express losing anything. I even managed to squeeze an extra tote in their for souvenirs.

Funny thing is you don't mind checking bags coming home, but you don't want to do it going.

I couldn't pack an extra pair of shoes, but I can wear my sandals the whole time.

Happy Day for me. I am off to retype my daily schedule.

I am a compulsive planner, just having so much fun.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just realized that I will have to leave Pal Mickey home, unless one of the girls that I am traveling with want to put him in their luggage. I bought Pal Mickey last year on my vacation. He has a cute little tuzedo on, in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, even though he is only sold at Walt Disney World, and is only interactive there.

My Pal Mickey sits up on the shelf, right next to my little stuffed Jiminy Cricket.

26 more days until my trip.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

So now that I am all packed, my priority seatings are all made, tickets purchased, etc; what am I going to do for the next 25 days?

Wait.

What am I waiting for?

Waiting to see how well Magical Express works.
    Waiting to see just exactly how beautiful, and spread out the Caribbean Beach Resort is.
    Waiting until I can finally visit the Adventurer's Club at Downtown Disney.
    Waiting until I can experience "early entry" at all 4 theme parks.
    Waiting until I can take lots of pictures and share the purchase of a photo pass CD.
    Waiting to have many new and wonderful dining experiences, at familiar and new dining locations.
    Waiting for the nights that I will enjoy Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes.
    Waiting for the waiting that I will surely do for WDW monorails, boats and buses.
    Waiting for the thrill and the fun of all the rides in all the parks.
    Waiting for the time that I will buy and trade Disney Pins.

Those are just a few of the things that I am looking forward to.

The key word is wait, and anticipate all the fun that will begin in 25 days

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What I like about my upcoming trip the most, is that it will be my longest to date. 9 days of Walt Disney World fun. I will be able to visit the Magic Kingdom, MGM, and Epcot each on more than one day. I have park hopper tickets, so there will be days that I do early entry at one park and then break for a rest period and then hop to a different park. The Animal Kingdom will most likely only get visited once. I am visiting the Rainforest Cafe there for breakfast. I have never had a Rainforest breakfast. The menu looked really good, when I printed it out from the internet. While at Animal Kingdom, I plan to take advantage of the Photo Pass Photographers and get some shots in front of the Tree of Life if I can. The top priorities for me at Animal Kingdom on this trip are: The Safari, The Flights of Wonder Show, and either the Pangani, or Maharajah exhibits. I don't do coasters and Everest is way to scary for me.

Walt Disney World's early entries are:

Sundays - Epcot
    Mondays - MGM
    Tuesdays - MK
    Wednesdays - AK
    Thursdays - MK
    Fridays - MGM
    Saturday - AK

My vacation is now 24 days away.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I admit that I was on another Disney website looking at pictures of the parade that takes place at MGM. I have never seen that parade. The one time that I was at MGM during parade time, I couldn't get close enough to see. This time I need to check out the parade route map in my WDW passporter and stake out a spot. The photos on the website really look cool. They even had 2 cars from the new Pixar movie Cars.

I saw Cars yesterday with my grandson, Sean. I thought it was very funny. If you see the movie, be sure to stay and watch the credits. Some really cool stuff is shown during the credits.

MGM parade time is 5:30 p.m. On the day that we are having dinner at Sci Fi, I plan on seeing the parade. We will probably plan on also seeing Fantasmic on that same evening also.

Only 23 days til my vacation.

• Drunk On Disney

Sci Fi is awesome. I hope you enjoy it!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sci Fi Diner is one of those places that I have never been. Actually I am hoping to spend more time at MGM Studios. It is probably the park that I have spent the least time at.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Just past midnight here in Chicago, so technically, I am one day closer to my trip. Today, I decided that I better clear up my 3 memory cards of all their pictures. This way I will be able to snap lots of photos on my trip to WDW.

So first I put my memory cards in the computer one by one and loaded the pictures into my pictures program. Then I took my memory cards to Walgreens and they are making me CD's. This way I will have backup in case anything would happen to the photos on my computer. Tomorrow I will pick up the CD's, and then I will delete the photos off the memory cards.

I must remember to edit the pictures when I get home this time. When I was in Disneyland, and I only had one memory card, I believe that I deleted too many good pictures. This was partly due to having the camera on the wrong setting, and taking too many pictures on Sport mode. The camera was new, and I was just learning.

I use the sport mode for the parades, and I get great shots.

I think that I mentioned that I am also packing a few disposable cameras for the character meals.

Only 22 days until I am in WDW.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I need to make a list of last minute things to put in the suitcase, and in my backpack. Even though I consider myself packed, I don't want to forget certain things. Things like my cell phone charger, my vitamins, my travel alarm, my camera. Yes, I better make a checklist, and then just before we get set to go, I can check the list, and make sure that it is all there.

Cell phones are wonderful on a Disney vacation. When you are traveling with a group of people and you want to split up for part of the day, it's good to have cell phones. Even though you may have made prior arrangements about where to meet, and when, sometimes things happen to delay you. So Cell Phones can keep you in touch. Teenagers love to have their own, and it's a good idea to keep in touch at regular intervals with the kids. Makes for a more pleasant vacation.

3 weeks, 21 days until my Walt Disney World vacation.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip is 20 days away.

I delivered Pal Mickey to my friend Jennifer today, so that she could pack it the way that she thinks is best in her luggage.

Today I went and did some shopping, and I was on my feet a long time. I was thinking that, I do not have the stamina that I use to have. I think it is probably a good idea to fine tune my itinerary so that I don't do too much on my WDW vacation.

Since I am doing a lot of early entries, it is a good idea if I plan some rest time into each of my days.

Vacations take a lot out of us physically. Walking tires us out, and I must remember to drink lots of water. I have decided to pack my smaller black packpack for carrying in the park, so I won't get weighed down.

There's so much to do, but I need to remember that I am not Super Woman. I am off to fine tune my itinerary now.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Technically, I could go to a theme park each of the 9 days of my vacation. However, one wonders if one should use a day on your pass for just a few hours in the park. So, as it looks now, I may have at least 3 full days without themeparks. So what does one do at Disney World,if you don't visit a theme park. Here's my list.

Downtown Disney Shopping of course.
    Miniature Golf at Winterland/Summerland
    Blizzard Beach Water Park
    The Campfire at Fort Wilderness
    Typhoon Lagoon
    Adventurer's Club at Downtown Disney
    Visiting the Resorts on the Monorail Line.
    Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf
    Attend a Dinner Show. Hoop Dee Doo Musical, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian.
    Then of course there's other special places to eat such as California Grill, or Victoria and Albert's (Costly)
    Watch a movie at the movie theatre in Downtown Disney
    Go on a Fishing Excursion
    Rent a bicycle at your resort and go for a bike ride (CBR has this)
    Water craft is available for rental (CBR has this also)
    Swimming at your hotel pool
    Then of course there's always sunbathing.
    Treat your self to a spa treatment. (available at Grand Floridian)
    There's a path for joggers and bicycles, and I assume walkers around Barefoot Bay at CBR.
    Ride in a racecar at Walt Disney World Speedway
    Fort Wilderness activities include fishing,canoeing, hiking, horseback riding, carriage rides, hayrides,
    Check out a resort that your dying to stay at like the Animal Kingdom Lodge, or the Beach Club.

This is just a sampling of some of the activities that don't include entering a themepark. I am hoping to include some of these into my vacation. That should make for a much more rested trip.

19 days until I am visiting Walt Disney World.

THat sounds fun! how exciting must it be! 19 days! yikes almost!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast