Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

06/05/06 WDW Day Trip Report + Photos

Photos here:

Epcot 060506

Went to Epcot for my first official Mice Chat Meet. I had a wonderful time and I met some great people! I loved everybody there and we had the best fun, well except for the 37 minute Ellen's Energy Adventure Ride.

I arrived around 10:30 am and headed over to Fountain View, snapping some photos along the way. So I figured I would get something eat while waiting for the rest of the Mice Chat Crew to show up. I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to find anybody because I really didn't know what everyone looked like. So while I was waiting in line I noticed some people heading to the seating area outside and I believe I recognized Fishbulb and Dusty first.

What was funny was Fish looked through the window right at me and I started waving furiously. However, silly me, I didn't realize that he has no clue who I am. LOL

So just before I got a smoothie, Fishbulb walks in and I introduce myself. He gave me the biggest hug EVER! It was really nice to meet some friendly people, no one hugs anymore! LOL So I walked over and introduced myself to Dustysage and the rest of the gang. More and more people started showing up, I could hardly keep up with the real names vs the screen names...OYE! (Dusty is that Greek or Jewish, I don't know! LOL)

So after we got to know each other better, we all snapped some photos and FB went to get FP's for Mission Space. However, Dusty had a lunch reservation at the San Angel Inn, in Mexico for the group so we all headed over there for some Mexican fun!

While we were sitting there, they kept breaking dishes left and right, I believe we got up to 5 dishes? We were keeping a running tab because while we were sitting at the table, Witches of Morva was sitting next to me and the waiter walks by with this tray and all we hear is CRASH! Salsa and beer went ALL OVER WoM and my legs, poor Robert got the brunt of it!

So after lunch we jumped on El Rio Del Tiempo and enjoyed the cheesy goodness of that. (It's A Small World in El Mexico) LOL Then we headed over and got FPs for Test Track and someone (I forget who) wanted to see the Butterfly Garden. As that is my favorite part of the Flower and Garden Festival I was happy to oblige.

So we headed over there and chatted away in the butterfly area. Then a few of us got hot and we had to get out of that sauna. So we headed back to Universe of Energy, went on that ride and that's when I had to depart as I was meeting some family later that afternoon.

I have to say I was enlightened today, I didn't realize the extend of what people meant about the differences between parks and how little attention is given to WDW itself. Those were probably my favorite conversations the entire day. I would also like to say that TDLFan is SOOOOOOOOOOO not what everyone thinks he is. He was a very sweet man, with a big heart and I could really tell he loves all things Disney so much, he is just passionate when its not taken care of.

Oh I almost forgot to mention! Since I was the only straight female in the bunch I was the "Official fag hag" for the day. I can honestly say I have never held that title and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 06-04-2006 at 09:13 PM.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: 06/05/06 WDW Day Trip Report + Photos

Thanks for sharing

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I loved everybody there and we had the best fun, well except for the 37 minute Ellen's Energy Adventure Ride.
    Glad you made it to your first meet!! Which is why I have never seen it.

What was funny was Fish looked through the window right at me and I started waving furiously. However, silly me, I didn't realize that he has no clue who I am. LOL

So I just before I got a smoothie, Fishbulb walks in and I introduce myself. He gave me the biggest hug EVER! It was really nice to meet some friendly people, no one hugs anymore! LOL So I walked over and introduced myseld to Dustysage and the rest of the gang.
    I'm glad you were able to find them. And Summer, I hug..too.. a lot.. just wait until August.

While we were sitting there, they kept breaking dishes left and right, I believe we got up to 5 dishes? We were keeping a running tab because while we were sitting at the table, Witches of Morva was sitting next to me and the water walks by with this tray and all we hear is CRASH! Salsa and beer went ALL OVER WoM and my legs, poor Robert got the brunt of it!

So after lunch we jumped on El Rio Del Tiempo and enjoyed the cheesy goodness of that. (It's A Small World in El Mexico).
    Oh my!! Poor Robert is right. Did the CMs do anything or was that duckling drenched and then not taken care of? You mean there is a Spanish name for that attraction? I really thought it was "it's a small world" in Mexico.

I would also like to say that TDLFan is SOOOOOOOOOOO not what everyone thinks he is. He was a very sweet man, with a big heart and I could really tell he loves all things Disney so much, he is just passionate when its not taken care of.
    Exactly! That is why I adore him.

Oh I almost forgot to mention! Since I was the only straight female in the bunch I was the "Offical fag hag" for the day. I can honestly say I have never held that title and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Can't say I'm not jealous. (I wanted to be there so much!) but I'm glad that someone like you got to hold that title. You're amazing girl!

• Banned User

Fantasmic... sorry I'm in Hawaii and couldn't be there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Wish I could have been there....August can't come soon enough. Hopefully I'll get to see a lot of MCers then...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

YAY for Fag Hags & WDW pictures!!

BTW, it's so weird to see DS & FB out in Florida!!
    <o>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    BTW, it's so weird to see DS & FB out in Florida!!
    We are trying everything possible to try to keep them here in good old Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerinFL
    I would also like to say that TDLFan is SOOOOOOOOOOO not what everyone thinks he is. He was a very sweet man, with a big heart and I could really tell he loves all things Disney so much, he is just passionate when its not taken care of.
    Aw shucks!!

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    We are trying everything possible to try to keep them here in good old Orlando.
    We need them back here in California

• Banned User

maybe they could do a six month split? half in florida and half in california.... summer I am so glad you had a good time and hopefully next time Figment and I will manage to make it on the same day as you. It was just so much fun. and just think the west coast group is coming in october!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    maybe they could do a six month split? half in florida and half in california.... summer I am so glad you had a good time and hopefully next time Figment and I will manage to make it on the same day as you. It was just so much fun. and just think the west coast group is coming in october!!!!
    I can't WAIT for August and October, got some Mice Chatters coming down and it will be really great to see them.

I am going to try and get over to CA next June though by myself, need to see what I've been missing.

• most magical vaca ever

Great pics Summer

Wow, I am sooooooooooooo jealous!!! You met Dusty AND Fishbulb

Looks like you had a wonderful time and I think you should get an official Fag Hag pin
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Summer I am REALLY doing my best to make our August trip possible.... Oh the fun we will have
    ~~~~~~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Oh my!! Poor Robert is right. Did the CMs do anything or was that duckling drenched and then not taken care of? You mean there is a Spanish name for that attraction? I really thought it was "it's a small world" in Mexico.
    The lead CM (I guess he was the lead, he wasn't in costume but was wearing all black and acted important. LOL) came over and brought him a wet wash cloth because he really did have salsa all over the back of his shirt and pants.

The waiter came over and said your meal is taken care of and Robert went, "My meal has already been comp'd." (He didn't like the food.) So the waiter goes, "Well then I'll comp her meal." He was pointing at me. Now I had no problem paying for the meal but I know to keep my mouth shut if someone is going to offer me something for free. LOL

Unfortunately for Robert he decided to go home to change but wanted to stop at Guest Relations to say something, I felt so bad for him, it was really horrible.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2
    Summer I am REALLY doing my best to make our August trip possible.... Oh the fun we will have
    I think you can I think you can I think you can! You better get your bootie down here missy!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2
    Looks like you had a wonderful time and I think you should get an official Fag Hag pin
    I bestowed on her the title of "Honorary Gay Man".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast