Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Cool Fishbulb's 06 GAYDAYS report - I see red people (Photos and Video)

FISHBULBS WDW GAYDAYS 06 TRIP REPORT

I see RED People!

Had you told me three weeks ago that I would be going to Walt Disney World for Gay Days 2006 and that I would have the time of my life with the man of my dreams while along the way meeting new friends and seeing familiar faces I would not have believed you. But it DID happen and I had the time of my life! This is how it all happened.

Roughly Two weeks ago, my wonderful guy Dustysage, called and said "ask for time off work" "Why?" I asked. "I booked our rooms and flights. We're going to Gay Days at Disney World." Dusty said. Stunned, I explained to my boss that tickets were paid for and arrangements were made and I began to look forward to the first real vacation I have taken in a while.

Thursday June 1st.
    We arrived at LAX and waited to board our 9:20pm red eye flight to Orlando. Dusty and I climbed aboard the plane and fell asleep. We awoke in Miami for our 2 and a half hour layover. After waiting for our connecting flight to Orlando to arrive, and after drinking some coffee that Dusty procured for me, we climbed aboard our flight to Orlando and promptly fell asleep again.

Friday June 2nd.
    Arriving in Orlando at 8:30 am I scanned the terminal and saw the first signs of civilization.

We were taking advantage of Disney's Magical express service which would take our bags directly to our hotel so we avoided the baggage claim and headed straight for our bus.

Arriving at our hotel, the Old Key West Resort, Dusty checked us in as I explored the Lobby.

The staff was SUPER FRIENDLY and very helpful. Although our room was not scheduled to be ready until 2:00pm, they found a room that was ready for us so that we could drop our carry on luggage off, freshen up, and head straight out to our first park.

Fishbulb at Disney's Animal Kingdom

We arrived at Disney's Animal Kingdom and purchased our Annual Passports to the resort. The Lady at Guest relations recognized us as a couple and told us how much she loved working GayDays. "you are all so much fun" She said. What a doll.

WitchesOfMorva was waiting inside the gates for us and after many hugs and kisses we ventured into the vast park towards Expedition Everest for our fast passes.

Dustysage and the always cheerfull WitchesOfMorva

Everest is a sight to behold. Truly an amazing, beautiful and highly detailed attraction.

Dustysage and Fishbulb pose in front of the imposing mountain

We got fast pass return times for 3:45-4:45 and headed over to Dinoland U.S.A. First stop was Dinosaur.

It was a fun little thrill ride that used the same technology as the Indiana Jones adventure to take us back in time to save an iguanadon before a huge meteor hits the earth. The ride was dark, silly and bumpy, but I still got a kick out of it.

We then ventured into the ugliest section of Animal kingdom, the Carnival section of Dinoland USA. We took a ride on Primeval Whirl and then decided we were hungry.

Primeval Whirl

Am I in DCA?

This area is devoid of any shade.

The imagineers slip in a little inside joke about the quality of show in this section of the park.

Flame Tree Barbeque served us up some yummy vittles and we sat in the tranquil setting of the gardens next to Discovery river to enjoy a meal and a break.

Onto Africa and the Kilimanjaro Safari.

A view of Everest from a bridge over to Africa.

Photo by DustySage

This ride is a kind if Jungle Cruise on land. As Dusty WitchesOfMorva and I queued up for our safari clouds began to gather which cooled the afternoon down considerably. The cooler weather also drew the animals out into the open where we could enjoy them on our ride.

The safari begins.

After our Safari, which ROCKED, we took a walk down the Pangani Forest Exploration trail.

"Fishbulb, look at the Fish!"

Hippos!

Gorillas!

Phallic Trees!

Dustysage, Fishbulb, and WitchesOfMorva in front of the Tree of Life.

Okay Itís time for Everest!!!!!

The gay couples were out and proud that weekend.

Dustysage and I LOVED the ride so much that we lined up as single riders for our second go around.

The ride was Great with only minor flaws. The biggest problem; The ride could have used a last act. As it is now the ride builds to the encounter with the Yeti, and then POOF! You are done. Another helix or a last couple of hills would have been great but it was still an amazing ride.

Oh well, it was now time to head back to the Hotel room and shower and get ready for dinner. WitchesOfMorva took us back to the Hotel and we were able to get some rest and a breather. Our luggage was waiting for us in the room thanks to Magical Express and we got ready for the evening.

From our hotel we took a buss over to Epcot...

...ate dinner in China at the 9 Dragons, rode a quick ride on Test Track and then made it to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours from 10pm to 1:00am. We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at 9:45ish, got our wristbands for Extra Magic Hours, and then met up with Ron10036 to watch the fireworks.

Fishbulb and Ron10036

DustySage and Ron10036

After the fire works I forced the Dusty and Ron10036 to go on the most awful ride at the Magic Kingdom.

We had to sit through the SECOND preshow room twice due to technical difficulties in the main show room.

I will be eternally sorry.

We then rode Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic (Very cool), Peter Pan, Big thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain. By this time it was 1:00am Florida time and Dusty and I had only a few hours of bad twighlight sleep on a red-eye flight the night before. We were BEAT. Taking the bus we arrived back at our hotel room that night and simply fell onto the bed. We almost forgot to set our alarm to wake up in time for the 11 am meet the next morning at the Magic Kingdom. I canít wait to tell you all about it.

Day 1 - Day 2 - Day 3 - Day 4

UPDATE BY DUSTY:

Here is a horribly compressed 2 minute video of our Animal Kingdom adventure (Everest, Safari, and random shots of the park included)

click the image below to play video.

Last edited by Fishbulb; 06-09-2006 at 03:28 PM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. Ē
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Banned User

Re: Fishbulb's 06 GAYDAYS report - I see red people

hmm... You actually wanted to go on stitch??? Even after all the evil reviews we gave it?? oh well.. you can say you did it and never touch it again...

nice day 1...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Why thanks Fishbulb! Sounds like you really had a good time and these photos, along with several others, illustrate that. Thank you for sharing!

BTW, I want your job! How can you get off from work so quickly?

Peace out!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Wink Re: Fishbulb's 06 GAYDAYS report - I see red people

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719
    Why thanks Fishbulb! Sounds like you really had a good time and these photos, along with several others, illustrate that. Thank you for sharing!

BTW, I want your job! How can you get off from work so quickly?

Peace out!
    Roo
    It was paid in full with a nonrefundable payment.. if I donít go Iím out this much cash.. so may I get time off and I promise not to do it again till October... lol

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing Love the pictures what a great report

• I'm your huckleberry.

What great pictures!!!!!! It looks so beautiful, I can't wait to visit!

And um, was that a hair out of place I saw on Dusty's head???? Oh the horror!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• love my friends

wow sounds like a great trip you guys had.. wish I was there.. sigh..

Friends for life

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    It was paid in full with a nonrefundable payment.. if I donít go Iím out this much cash.. so may I get time off and I promise not to do it again till October... lol
    I teach--that might not go over real well. And since I report directly to the state (long story, I'm something of a consultant), you know they don't care about saving money.

But I like the way you think....

PEACE!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Still wants to be a cat!

Great report Fishbulb, looking forward to part 2!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• The one, the only...

Fishbulb, you got some fantastic pictures! Wow! I understand how you would want to go on Stitch, but isn't it a let down. I agree with you. I have been on it once and I have no interest in doing it again.

I am gald you liked Everest. It sounds very exciting.

How was the Nine Dragons? The reviews give it only mediocore praise.

Thanks again for the pics!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• e komo mai

Awesome shots!

• Earth Intruder

Thanks for the photo posts Fishie!!! You are making me miss Robert and entourage so much!!!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• insufferable know-it-all

LOL...I was looking at your photos thinking, OMG that park looks AMAZING - and then I hit the Dinoland section. WTF is that cr*p?

But wow, everything else (especially Everest) look gorgeous!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Shablagoo!

Thanks Fishbulb for the great pics. Even though the story in the Stitch attraction is bad, what did you think of the Stitch animatronic? I thought Stitch and the Guns were terrific.

• Minion

ORDDU: What a wonderful way this has been to re-live all those many moments of total ecstacy. There's just one problem. Why is it that every time we see a photograph that's SUPPOSED to have images of my sisters and me we see, instead, this...this strange man in our place?

ORWEN: I was wondering the same thing.

ORGOCH: Ain't ya heard? Witches don't show up in pictures all that well. Sort a like tryin' ta take somethin' from one world ta the next. It just don't work.

ORWEN: So, instead of being able to see two pretty witches and one old biddy, there's this strange man taking our place in the pictures? Is that what yer saying?

ORGOCH: Almost--but not 'zactly. What I'm sayin' is instead of seein' a dirty old tramp 'n a big fat blob along side the only sensible witch in the bunch, they's seein' this freeloadin' imposter type!

ORDDU: Either way, we had a splendid time with you and Dustysage, Fishbulb duckling. And we can't wait until we're all together again!!

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast