Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: The Laugh Floor Comedy Club Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle
    I like cooking for myself thank you very much :P
    And it shows.

• FuseMP

mmmmm, right now I'm in the middle of cooking grilled chicken with rice and a mushroom sauce

Blog Entries

it's not like they live in underwater colonies or take trips to the moon, have robots clean their house and cook dinner.
    Maybe not in Japan yet, but have you seen what's going on over in Dubai? If there's anyplace that will get there it's them. There's plenty to be hopeful for in our future. Global politics aren't much worse now than they were during the cold war and not nearly to the point they were at during the world wars. Yes, fossil fuels are showing they're not the thing we once thought but I have to believe there are other ways to get autos running.

I still think colonies under the sea could happen and in a long long future, maybe colonies in outer space. There's no need to do it now, but I won't be surprised if it happens. No, we don't have that same naive view of the future we did in the 50's and 60's and to some extent in the 70's and 80's. We've all gotten cynical, but if you look, if you try, it could still be there.

• If We Can Dream It...

Has everyone forgotten Horizon's motto? "If we can dream it, we can do it." It seems WDW has. They have found that loosely futuristic cartoon-style attractions are cheaper than making an amazing vision of the future. It was acceptable with buzz but now its just ridiculous. Is WDI afraid to be bold and daring when it comes to Tomorrowland? It seems so.

I guess we've just got to remember that "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day.."

• Pilot EdForceOne

why the acceptance of buzz? Its the same shooter ride-through you can find at nearly amusement park in the country

Honestly I thought the most unique part of the ride at WDW was the full size buzz in the queue area.

• If We Can Dream It...

I accept Buzz because it has a fairly futuristic theme. I don't see how people hate Buzz but then go on Space Mountain, a wild mouse coaster with a space theme, and say that is one awesome ride. Is it really because its a roller coaster or is it the theme? Just because its a variation of a amusement park ride doesn't mean everyone who loves disney should hate it. Remember Disney is a theme park. Plus, Buzz is a big improvement over Dreamflight and IYHW. All that those rides were about was aviation history and nothing about tomorrow! But wait now we're completely

Back to the laugh floor, this ride will require some major thinking. Monsters Inc. was set in present day. WDI created EE and it gave us faith in their creativity. Let's hope they don't create another mediocre attraction, which has plagued them for quite some time. Lasseter said he didn't want any more mediocre attraction. Or does that exclude all pixar rides/shows?

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by OTownGuy
    yes Pete, you only reinforce you are some retarded teen who has NO concept of what made this company GREAT and who Walt was and what WED had in minde when creating thier parks and attractions. You would probaly relish in seeing everything before 1984 go up in flames. Go play with your Rasulo and Weiss dolls and leave this to the big boys who KNOW about the legacy of this company and its parks.
    Excuse me, not to be nosy or speak for Pete, but I believe Pete is far from some teen who wants nothing but thrill rides and relevant franchises and doesn't believe in the Disney legacy. Pete, I believed, worked for Disney and has ties, or may have worked for, Imagineering. What he was stating earlier to some posts was sarcasm, just jokes. I wouldn't take that seriously.
    Sorry, Pete, I am not trying to speak for you, but all of the remarks you have made on micechat that I have read have shown you care deeply about Walt's legacy and vision, and where the company is going. I think people were taking you completely out of context.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92
    All that those rides were about was aviation history and nothing about tomorrow!
    Right but they were reworked (in 1994) under the "ownership: of the Metro-Retro Historical society as Tomorrowland's view to what the past was...that gave them some cred. Which if they can do to M:I it'll have a lot more cred...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Well I think a more fair question is how long has it been since Disney was willing to spend the money on a non-thrill ride that was not based around a movie?
    Superstar Limo.

Yeah.

Although you may or may not count Soarin' since it's not exactly intense, although I've chickened out of it on both coasts now.

Look, I don't mind the movie tie-ins. I mean, Sleeping Beauty's Castle was essentially an advertisement for a movie Walt had in the works, and if that doesn't drive home the fact that the park was meant to advertise the movies just as much as the movies advertised the park, well then what does?! Even though the ride is uncomfortable to me, I'll take an Indy over a Superstar Limo any day!

Also, random thought: They should have tried to create some kind of dinner entertainment show with the Turtle Talk technology and a small cast of actors (voice and onstage.) Think of a kids-friendly Adventurer's Club.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 06-09-2006 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    Excuse me, not to be nosy or speak for Pete, but I believe Pete is far from some teen who wants nothing but thrill rides and relevant franchises and doesn't believe in the Disney legacy. Pete, I believed, worked for Disney and has ties, or may have worked for, Imagineering. What he was stating earlier to some posts was sarcasm, just jokes. I wouldn't take that seriously.
    Sorry, Pete, I am not trying to speak for you, but all of the remarks you have made on micechat that I have read have shown you care deeply about Walt's legacy and vision, and where the company is going. I think people were taking you completely out of context.
    Thanks, tcsnwhite. You comments are much appreciated. You can speak for me any time.

Perhaps I'll return to my old style of heartfelt rants on the impact Walt's philosophy has made on the world. With apologies to Jonathan Swift, perhaps sarcasm is not the best tool to argue in favor of sincerity. [smilie=1,32,5]

And to those who thought I was trying to be funny, I wasn't. I was trying to encourage argument. See historical precedent below, but be warned, if education or history are too dull for you do not click here; there are no Pixar characters at the end of this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92
    Has everyone forgotten Horizon's motto? "If we can dream it, we can do it." It seems WDW has. They have found that loosely futuristic cartoon-style attractions are cheaper than making an amazing vision of the future. It was acceptable with buzz but now its just ridiculous. Is WDI afraid to be bold and daring when it comes to Tomorrowland? It seems so.
    Actually Horizons is one of the few rides that could very easily be rejigged and made into an interesting attraction for Tomorrowland that could stand the test of time. The first half of the ride was always a look at how past generations perceived the future it just wasn't always made clear that was the case, but that theme could then be continued to include some of the scenes from the second half of the old ride for how we perceived the future back in the 70's, and then there could be an extra segment added on the end as to how we would see the future now. The benefit of making sure everyone is aware that 70% of the ride is how the we used to perceive the future is that it automatically forgives the scenes for looking outdated, because they are supposed to and obvioulsy would be as they aren't current views with current knowledge. It would also then mean going forward that the new section 10 years later can just become the last how we used to see the future section and then another new vision section added onto the end as to how we would see the future now. The ride would need to keep growing over time but it would stay fresh and viable because much of it will be a history of how we used to see the future, not how we see it now; thus it wont look dated for what it represents.

• Banned User

sounds alot like the carousel of progress to me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Actually, wasn't Horizons supposed to be the seuql of sorts to Cop? Maybe they should just tack it on the back, "You've seen the past, now ride the future!"
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Yeah it was.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345