Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club Confirmed

This was in a Pres Release Darkbeer posted in the DL forum.

The Laugh Floor Comedy Club
    -- The Laugh Floor Comedy Club at Magic Kingdom -- Guests find the power of laughter in an engaging and interactive new adventure inspired by Disney- Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." as they match wits with the one-eyed hero Mike Wazowski and his friends. (Early 2007)
    I guess it is official now.

• Banned User

Re: The Laugh Floor Comedy Club Confirmed

*yawn*

Has Jay Rasulo been fired yet?

• Banned User

Wasn't he promoted....

Where is john... Did he fix it yet?

• Banned User

John is in Disneyland... speaking of which, I need to talk to him about a job opening at WDW... anyone have his email?

• I was deleted.

Hmm... so are we taking out the upgrade my guns/targets please Buzz attraction or just puttinging in the same thing with a Monsters overlay? I love Monsters.. but c'mon people!

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Hmm... so are we taking out the upgrade my guns/targets please Buzz attraction or just puttinging in the same thing with a Monsters overlay? I love Monsters.. but c'mon people!
    Nope, this is going where the Timekeeper was.

This going to be awful.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Nope, this is going where the Timekeeper was.

This going to be awful.
    Eh, it was worth mentioning a similar ride concept all the same. I know it's going there... but then gasp! where will the character meet-and-greet go? ! Back to toon town? Outside? Oh.. woe is me!

• Banned User

Back to heck.

In all seriousness, the meet has already been relocated to another location in Tomorrowland.

• FuseMP

I have to say, of all things Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin was my sons favourite ride of the whole park. We actually ended up going the long way around the park several times to avoid him seeing it because all hell broke loose if we went past it and didn't ride.

But what about that release suggests its going to be a Buzz copy? If anything it sounds like it's goign to be more like a moving/adventure Talk With Crush.

Blog Entries

Is there any more info about this attraction than what is in that press release? If not then I don't see how we're already making statements like it's going to be aweful and this is a horrible repeat of buzz lightyear.

I kind of got the feeling it was going to be more of a show featuring Mike in a turtle talk type environment, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess I'm curious as to whether there has been more released than just this little snippet. The name actually makes it sound like you'll walk into a comedy club setting and Mike will do some sort of standup routine.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

But it also says "interacting" with Mr Wozowski. I think the rumors of a Turtle Talk type show are correct from the sounds of the release. Though...a convention showing off M:I's technology is much more "Tomorrowland" than a comedy club...we'll see how this goes.

I hope they add seats...I hope Mike is a great AA and not a video (a la Turtle Talk). If so I might be content.

• Banned User

BINGO!! My guess was a "Turtle Talk" type show... cheap and funny. Just like any comedy club there is.

Blog Entries

My guess from the brief description given is that this will be themed as Tomorrowland's comedy club. It'll probably be similar to the little bits at the end of the movie where Mike was attempting to do comedy and things like that.

I'm hoping for an AA, but I'm figuring it'll be more like turtle talk. I assume the interacting part will be similar to a comedy club where he'll pick on members of the audience at times.

I do find it interesting that the details on this have been kept more top secret than anything else that's being worked on. Maybe they've got something special up their sleeve.

• Banned User

I have a dream...

"It opens with an AA host who looks familiar being a modified version of the old Time keeper AA telling jokes to warm up the crowd for an out of this universe special guest.. here to gather a weeks worth of power for their home town..."

"Then suddenly the curtain rises and there is Mike trying to tell jokes.. rather poorly, soon sully comes out to help mike meet his quota... and we all have a grand laugh.. each show is unique with different jokes used every day based upon the audience..."

"Then the curtain closes and you hear a door shut. then the announcer says thank you for enjoying the Laughing floor, please proceed to the exit"

Maybe have some conflict happen in it.. like Randal stealing the show and trying to scare people... till an annville/grand piano/door/something else based on day falls on his head out of no where

Of course they might have something entirely different and hate my idea...

• FuseMP

They could expand on the Turtle Talk idea to add adventure to the ride depending on how many people to operate Mike's they want to employ and cross it with a Star Tours set up. Mike could be taking taking a group of trainee monsters (us) on an excercise that goes pear shaped, maybe involving a trip through the doors on the wire slides and telling jokes when arriving at kids bedrooms. Obviously each simulator would needs it's own Mike operator.

Just an idea

I do think Mike needs to be CG even if that isnt a popular decision for on here. Do you really think that Turtle Talk would be as good with a AA Crush, I dont think it would be anywhere near as good and amazing for kids sitting 2 feet away. Turtle Talk I thought was absolutely fantastic and the sort of family fun I would like to see more of at Disney; something else like that with a bit of spin on it, I'm all for.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast