Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Question Changes to Space Mountain...?

As part of the Orlando Sentinel report on Disney's new marketing extravaganza "Million Dreams" for WDW, the article mentions new additions such as the Nemo ride for the Living Seas and Nemo show at DAK. It also says..."there will be changes made to Space Mountain..." but does nt elaborate further. Hmmm.... We all know the grand daddy of all Space Mountains need major TLC...in additions to a brand new track, special effects, a "darker" enviroment, and many other revisions and improvements...

What would you guys like to see improved about WDW's Space Mountain??

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Changes to Space Mountain...?

I have to wonder though is this the Sentinle getting confused?

Disneyland's Space Mountain is getting changes. Nothing was said in the Disney Press Release about WDW's Space Mountain.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27949
    Darkbeer posted the PR. Nothing in WDW about Space Mountain.

• Banned User

Maybe, but DL's Space Mt already got the changes done last year, and it was my understanding the "Rock It Mt." overlay was not going to be done after all....

• Banned User

Your understanding is mistaken. Rock it Mountain was simply delayed, not cancelled. It will be happening next year at Disneyland. It seems it will alternate every other day, with Space Mountain one day, Rock It Mountain next. It should be kinda odd. But no changes to WDW's mountain have been announced, though we know better than that.

Blog Entries

Whether or not it's true or not, here's what I want to see.

A track refurbishment of some kind. I love the track design, but it needs work to make it quieter and smoother. I don't want to see this become a looping coaster. I love it as a family coaster and would hate to see it become too crazy. This is one the whole family can still ride and enjoy.

Do make the ride darker, definitely.

Add some special effects to make it feel more like flying through space.

Somehow fix the queue so you can once again see the vehicles flying around over you. There's no greater memory or building of suspense to me than being able to see the cars zooming over head while waiting in the queue.

I'm not sure whether i want a soundtrack or not. If it's done right it could add to the ride.

Refurb the whole inside of the ride to update it. It definitely looks very very old from the inside.

Bring back the amazing post shows. The post show used to be as much fun as the ride. Remember the old RYCA family of tomorrow? God I miss that. All that we have left our ancient tv's ducktaped to the wall with a bad image of us on them.

This is one of my favorite rides and it makes me feel so sad to see it like it is now.

Whatever they do though, do not make this rockit mountain, PLEASE!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    A track refurbishment of some kind. I love the track design, but it needs work to make it quieter and smoother. I don't want to see this become a looping coaster. I love it as a family coaster and would hate to see it become too crazy. This is one the whole family can still ride and enjoy.

Do make the ride darker, definitely.

Add some special effects to make it feel more like flying through space.

Whatever they do though, do not make this rockit mountain, PLEASE!!!
    We already have R&RC at MGM, and would doubt they'd copy that ride again (isn't Rock It a knock off of the R&RC in the first place?)
    However, I agree with what you propose should be done above. I feel they need to tear down the entire track and rebuild it new, and add the same type of vehicles they have at DL/TDL/HKDL. (that would allow for a single rider line in addition to the dreaded FP and Standby lines. I also want to see the indoor queue used up and covered... to add to the dark feeling above. One of the most troubling things about Space Mountain at WDW is been able to see the track from the queue below. The ride itself could use more animated props, like the spinning asteroid seen at HKDL/DL etc etc...or maybe some spacecraft or satellite props hovering around.... That would be neat if done right.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think the seeing the cars from the queue in WDW is pretty cool.. adds build-up. But could be more masked (darker or more walls or something)

Blog Entries

I like seeing the cars zip by with their flourescent striping. I'd like to not see the track, makes it feel more like they're in space.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    I like seeing the cars zip by with their flourescent striping. I'd like to not see the track, makes it feel more like they're in space.
    That's actually glow-in-the-dark stuff, not flourescent.

My brother works in Orlando. I had him check with one of his friends at WDI; she sates there are NO plans for any work on WDW Space Mountain... they are concentrating on DAK secondary to the increased attendance.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Your understanding is mistaken. Rock it Mountain was simply delayed, not cancelled. It will be happening next year at Disneyland. It seems it will alternate every other day, with Space Mountain one day, Rock It Mountain next. It should be kinda odd. But no changes to WDW's mountain have been announced, though we know better than that.
    That's dumb!

Blog Entries

That's actually glow-in-the-dark stuff, not flourescent.
    That's what I meant.

My brother works in Orlando. I had him check with one of his friends at WDI; she sates there are NO plans for any work on WDW Space Mountain... they are concentrating on DAK secondary to the increased attendance.
    I find it hard to believe that there are no blue sky plans at all for this. There are no announced plans but there have to be plans to do something to this ride within the next five years. I know the priority is other things right now, but I think we'll at least see an announcement within the next 5 years. There's no way it can't. This ride will fall apart if they don't.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    That's dumb!
    That's WDW to you... a cut below the rest of the Disney Resorts. I am not surprised.

• The one, the only...

I am all for an up grade for Space Mountain at WDW. I don't care if it was the first one, the nostagia does not mean anything. I am for a complete re-do. I say don't copy any other SM anywhere. Do a complete new design with new special effects. Maybe design a fast launch. I say don't mix any movie theme over it. SM's theme is just fine as it is, it just needs a dash or two of thrill added.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast