• Married and happy again!!

Theater In The Wild question.

I'm sure this has been ask before and I have just missed the answer but here it goes anyhow, Does anyone know what the plans are for The Theater In The Wild at DAK? I know Tarzan Rocks was done last year but I was wondering if any one had a clue as to what may be going in there. I wonder if there is any chance that they may give the Jungle Book another shot.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

Re: Theater In The Wild question.

"Finding Nemo: the Musical" will be opening around Oct 2006 or so. The old theater has been gutted down and a new enclosed theater is under construction.

• If We Can Dream It...

From what I have heard guest demand for more air conditioned areas was high. I'm not sure which was planned first the new show or enclosing the theater. Also they had to enclose it due to noise pollution from Everest to the theater and vice versa. I think the jungle book died a permanent death in 1998.

They seem to have torn out about 80% of the trees around the theater. It is now very odd looking considering there is no shade and you can see the boat dock behind the theater (very unattractive).

• Creative Director

they should re-fill in those areas though if it is too sparse. though I don't think they are done with it yet?

• Banned User

Landscapping will be replanted and it will all look great once the construction cranes are out of the way... You'll see.

• If We Can Dream It...

They're not even close to being done right now. Nothing is what you would call "fully" enclosed. Most of steelwork is up though. The building will be an interesting transition, from Asia to Dinoland, to say the least. I wonder what it will look like when completed.

I said it's odd looking because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what trees were removed. I don't doubt anyone who says landscaping will be replaced. God help us if WDW is too cheap to replace trees!
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 06-10-2006 at 10:19 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hey now TDLFan is being optimistic, hell is freezing over we don't need someone else brining in the de-icer.

• Defying gravity

Why was Tarzan Rocks ever in Dinoland U.S.A.? How does he fit the theme? And Nemo fits the theme even less?

Am I the only one who thinks about theme/story any more?

• If We Can Dream It...

I've gotta say Tarzan had nothing to do with dinoland but it was a good show. At least the theater is sort of off in its own little place. It isn't directly in the middle of dinoland so it's not entirely distracting. Not trying to anger anyone but how many GOOD dino-themed shows can you come up with? Finally, they did name it theater in the Wild so, they aren't entirely out of place. It's more of AK's main theater venue than Dinoland's theater, that's all.