"The Abarat" - Disney's latest Theme Park

If you have read the first two books by Clive Barker (that in 2002 were purchased by Disney for a cool 8 million bucks) then you would know why this epic will make a fantastic 5th Theme Park that could very easily rival Universal's Islands of Adventure...

The 3rd installment is due out later this year and Disney is apparently currently in pre production for the 1st film release (think Narnia was huge - this one's going to be incredible)

Anywho this story of a mystical world featuring Islands of the 25 hours of the day is potentially pure Disney Magic waiting to smash the box office... I do hope it makes it's way into the the Theme Park world too!!

Fair enough, I am probably preaching to the converted here and many of you already know how great this story is - if you don't already know, take time to find out more about the Abarat and find out why it will most likely be such a strong part of Disney's success in the short years to come
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

• Banned User

Re: "The Abarat" - Disney's latest Theme Park

Is the movie really in pre-production? I know Disney has the rights but I think they pretty much forgot about it.

Disney also have the rights to another excellent fantasy series called Abadazad I recommend you check that out too. The first two books are available on amazon.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

This is some news. I had no idea they had the rights. I tried to read Abarat but could not get through it. It was a bit too weird for me. Maybe if the movie is good I'll give it a second chance. I don't know about a whole theme park built around a book, but you never know.

Has anyone heard about the rumor that Disney bought Harry Potter? I heard it along time ago but have not been able to confirm it.

• Banned User

From what I know Disney is trying to acquire the theme park rights to the Harry Potter franchise. I hope they do.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Disney has the rights to air it on ABC on the world television premire thing.

- this is exciting but bare in mind the article was written a while back..
    Jim Hill : "Days of Magic, Nights of War" continues Clive Barker's ...

the third novel is due out September this year. Fair enough, Disney is a huge company but do you really think they would shell out 8 million bucks just to forget about an idea they had so much faith in paying so much for in the first place?!? The company got big by capitilising on it's ideals.

No-one ever gets rich by just throwing that kind of money away without expecting some kind of return..
    Last edited by Mickey_D; 06-11-2006 at 12:57 AM.
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

The Orlando theme park marlet is saturated. When DAK opened, all the other parks had a small bump in attendance. As more parks come up, people CAN'T make vacations longer so ppl have to pick and choose more carefeully and opt out on certain places. A 5th park at WDW won't happen for a very VERY long time. Besides, they already said they wat to focus on DVC and improving the parks they have now. Building a park takes manpower, time, and tons of money, none of which Disney would divert for something that makes no business sense.