Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monsters Stink

• Minion

Monsters Stink

ORGOCH: Got some b-a-a-a-a-a-a-d news fer ya, ducklin's. If'n ya's all heard 'bout that new attraction they's plannin' fer Tamorra' land ta take the Place a Time Creeper, ya know it's gonna be based on Monsters Stink. Problem is, Cast members is a sayin' it won't even be a ride thru like they's got out in DCA. Instead it's s'posed ta be a sit down show like Turtle Talk--where ya just talk that one eyed Mikey guy--along with some a the rest a the Monsters from the movie.

ORDDU: They might as well have decided to leave Time Keeper alone, if you ask us. Does Disney World really NEED another show where you just sit down and talk to various Pixar/Disney characters? We should think not!

ORWEN: At least the ride version from DCA would have made a witch want to come back for more. But all these cheap sit down talks with characters just don't appeal to us. If we want to talk to the characters, we can do it during the many meet and greet sessions they already have.

ORGOCH: Here, agin, it's 'bout savin' 'emselves some dough at the expense a the guest. Least ways, that's OUR take on the whole mess.

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Monsters Stink

Yes, monsters do stink.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• e komo mai

That's disappointing. A ride would have been a much better idea...

• Banned User

not enough room for a ride.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

No it isn't a rumor, it was confirmed.

Discussion here. It sounds like a technology show to me...not a cheap way out. But we'll see.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    not enough room for a ride.
    Both Astroblasters in TDL, DL and DLP were built inside the former CircleVision theaters the size of the MK's. There is room for a ride in there if they wanted to place one.

• That's Hawt

We Monsters Do Not Stink! Our Odorant smells deliciously lovely. My favorite is dirty sock thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Oh great... Metrosexual Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Both Astroblasters in TDL, DL and DLP were built inside the former CircleVision theaters the size of the MK's. There is room for a ride in there if they wanted to place one.
    I would be interested in the overall sqaure footage of all of the theaters and interior space and queues and all. I bet the theaters were similar in size but I wonder about the other space involved. I know DLP's had to squeeze a ride in the space which leaves the queue mostly outside...and WDW doesn't exactly have that outside space by Timekeeper for a big queue.

I'm kinda glad it isn't a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORGOCH: Got some b-a-a-a-a-a-a-d news fer ya, ducklin's. If y'all heard about that new attraction they're planning for Tomorrowland to take the place of Time Keeper, you know it's going to be based on Monsters Ink. Problem is, Cast members are saying it won't even be a ride thru like they have in DCA. Instead it's supposed to be a sit down show like Turtle Talk--where yo just talk that one eyed Mikey guy--along with some of the rest of the Monsters from the movie.
    ORGOCH: Here, again, it's about saving themselves some money at the expense of the guest. Least ways, that's OUR take on the whole mess.
    Umm, can you please talk normal next time you post? Just because it seems you don't like the movie, doesn't mean everyone will.

But Disneyland's Circle Vision attraction took up the whole building. The Time Keeper took up half of the building. I was surprised they could fit Buzz in there, let along Take Flight. There really isn't much room in that building for another ride.
    Last edited by InnerSpace; 06-11-2006 at 12:02 PM.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Who you sayin' needs ta talk better, InnerSpace, ducklin'? I'll have ya know I talk more plain than MOST--certainly better 'n either a my two dang sisters!!

ORWEN: Never mind the old biddy with the foul temper, InnerSpace, duckling. That's what Orddu and I are for. If you just read what we have to say--instead of sister Orgoch--you'll be just fine.

ORGOCH: Well, all I got's ta say is I know the rump roasts a two goomers I'd like ta shove a broomstick up--after what they's doin' ta Tamorra'land! Does I have ta spell it out any more 'n THAT?! (And by the way, who's in the @#$% is mocie?)

• Vehicle rotating backward

Monsters would have worked better as an Alien Encouter replacement, really.

I'm skeptical, myself. They wouldn't let Timekeeper sit idle for so long just to replace it with even more Circlevision. They should know that type of movie just doesn't hold people's attention now.

• Banned User

or even worse.. have a camero in TOT..

"And now this door is opening again for you" "Hey everybody.. why did the chicken cross the road, to get to his movie" "Sorry wrong door...."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpace

But Disneyland's Circle Vision attraction took up the whole building. The Time Keeper took up half of the building. I was surprised they could fit Buzz in there, let along Take Flight. There really isn't much room in that building for another ride.
    The WDW complex housing Buzz' Catoon Spin and Timekeeper is a much bigger building. DL's Circle vision is comparable and possibly a bit smaller to the Timekeeper ride alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I would be interested in the overall sqaure footage of all of the theaters and interior space and queues and all. I bet the theaters were similar in size but I wonder about the other space involved. I know DLP's had to squeeze a ride in the space which leaves the queue mostly outside...and WDW doesn't exactly have that outside space by Timekeeper for a big queue.
    Yes, DLP's version of Buzz' ride has a very expansive queue outdoors but also happens to have the biggest indoor queue of all of the 3 Buzz rides built in a former CircleVision theater. I know because I have riden ALL 5 Buzz rides on Earth. TDL's and WDW's Circle vision theaters were built exactly in similar dimensions, while it is my understanding DL's original Circle Vision was the smallest of the theaters in diameter, but I do not know the exact measurements. At TDL, the indoor portion of the queue was build in the area between the entrance and exit doors of the Circlevision theater, and the former waiting hall (similar to the MK's one) is now the first sets at the beginning of the ride. A similar design could be designed for the MK's circlevision theater if a ride was to be built in there.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 06-11-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    TDL's and WDW's Circle vision theaters were built exactly in similar dimensions,
    I love that. Exactly similar. I know what you meant though.

. At TDL, the indoor portion of the queue was build in the area between the entrance and exit doors of the Circlevision theater, and the former waiting hall (similar to the MK's one) is now the first sets at the beginning of the ride. A similar design could be designed for the MK's circlevision theater if a ride was to be built in there.
    Hmm. That is interesting. So it really must not be that big of an indoor queue in Tokyo? How large is it compared to say WDWs?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast