• Defying gravity

Exclamation WDW - Place Most in Need of a Paint Job on Earth!!!

I just got back from a trip to WDW a few days ago. When I was there, I noticed several areas desperately in need of a paint job. While "it's a small world" and attractions that have been recently been refurbished look great, others do not. The castle railing on the side of Cinderella Castle was chipping horribly. If anyone has been to the Sounds Dangerous theatre in the Studios lately (well, probably you haven't...lol) it is a disgrace to WDW. And I'm not only talking about the film :P The theatre probably has never been painted. It's dark, dirty, and the headphones don't work.

Whatever happened to painting the parks every night? The simplest/cheapest things would make the parks look so much better.

Come on Bob Iger, you've talked about improving the parks/resorts currently in place before adding anything new. Walt would never have allowed the parks to fall into such disrepair!!!

• Shablagoo!

Re: WDW - Place Most in Need of a Paint Job on Earth!!!

WDW is the new Disneyland. Don't worry, MK's 50th anniversary is only 15 years away. They always repaint for the 50th.

• Banned User

I am yet to see my dear TDL get in this shape after 23 years in operation... and last time I was there last month, it looked like the place had just opened it's doors for the first time. Why oh why can't the WDC emulate OLC's dedication to maintain their parks..???

And Princess4590...if you think the MK is bad.. then you should go to DLParis!! That is the park that takes 1st place in regards to poor maintenance. Mildew all over in waterfall areas.. paint coming off buildings in Frontierland... Buildings looking faded and run down..(and that was not Imagineering at work...) Very very bad maintenance in Paris.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Why oh why can't the WDC emulate OLC's dedication to maintain their parks..???
    Because the WDC isn't under contract to the WDC to do so.

I do agree that WDW needs some TLC. There is absolutely no reason why I should lean back in my Doombuggie only to have my seat cushion slide out and knock me in the back of my legs.