Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: New Nemo Attraction at the Living Seas in Epcot

The love child of Small World and If You Had Wings, perhaps?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I was just there about three weeks ago. Strangely enough, before this I'd never seen the Living Seas pavilion at all...just never made it there. But I enjoyed Turtle Talk and all the Nemo-themed exhibits.

More to the point, I saw kids really fascinated with the exhibits thanks to their connection to Finding Nemo. They were pressing up against the tanks, squeaking, "Look! There's Dory!", really enjoying the marine life. So I'm all for the rehab!

Just to fully answer the question...yes it will be open later this year, shooting for November. And to address the concept above, many of the show scenes in Nemo and Friends will be identical to Nemo's Submarine Voyage in Disneyland, but the DL version will have additional scenes as well.

• Sock Puppet

The Living Seas will no longer be called The Living Seas....they're going to be The Seas With Nemo and Friends. Or something to that effect, I forgot exactly what I read.

• Monorail Racer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Any idea when the new Finding Nemo Attraction at the Living Seas in Epcot might open this year. I'll probably go there over Thanksgiving week and was wondering if it might be open.

And what is it exactly???

Pixarification of the Parks is happening!!!
    I thought you were going to Disneyland Thanksgiving week - asking questions about DLH, PP and such. Are you really hitting DL and WDW in the same week??
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Monorail Racer

dupe - wireless connection gone wrong!
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    I thought you were going to Disneyland Thanksgiving week - asking questions about DLH, PP and such. Are you really hitting DL and WDW in the same week??
    Oh, ha ha ha. Oh, that would be nice!!!! Hmmm....is there a direct flight from Anaheim to Orlando?!

No, no - that was a mistake when I put that I was going to WDW in November.

I'm going to DL in November 2006.
    I'm going to WDW in June 2007.

Sorry, when you're planning two different trips to two different resorts a one time - it gets a little confusing!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    firstly that is impossible , because pixar IS Disney now , and secondly , maybe we could support what is being done in the parks for once , instead of constantly complaining about things we cant change , suck it up

i'm going to WDW for the first time ever this october , and i'm looking forward to it... along with lots of other things that you might think are "lame" or "outdated"
    Well, not everyone likes the route Disney is going with this constant Pixar-building stuff.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Seas with Nemo & Friends
    You are here: Walt Disney World ›› Epcot ›› Living Seas ›› The Seas with Nemo & Friends
    7 April 2006: The Seas with Nemo & Friends opening fall 2006
    Today's grand opening of Expedition Everest also saw an announcement of the new attraction currently under construction at the Living Seas.

COPYRIGHT 2006. THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
    The Seas with Nemo & Friends, opening fall 2006 at Epcot, will be a whimsical and visually stunning attraction in The Living Seas pavilion featuring technology that for all appearances has the stars of "Finding Nemo" swimming amid the live marine life of the huge aquarium in an adventure that picks up where the motion picture left off.

COPYRIGHT 2006. THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY
    The Seas with Nemo & Friends, a whimsical and visually stunning attraction for guests of all ages, is scheduled to open at Epcot in Fall 2006. Featuring technology that for all appearances has the stars of "Finding Nemo" swimming amid the live marine life of the huge aquarium in The Living Seas pavilion, the attraction is an adventure that picks up where the motion picture left off.

The undersea voyage begins aboard "clamobiles" in a colorful coral reef setting. Guests first meet Mr. Ray and his class on a field trip and soon learn that Nemo has wandered off.

The journey to find Nemo continues as familiar characters such as Dory, Bruce, Marlin, Squirt and Crush help with the search along the way. These deep sea friends inhabit a variety of vibrant vignettes, including the actual aquarium -- one of the world's largest saltwater aquariums -- which contains more than 65 species of marine life.

In the musical finale of the attraction, Nemo is happily reunited with his class and friends.

Upon exiting the attraction, guests can explore the rest of the pavilion, which is home to "Turtle Talk with Crush," the smash-hit recent addition featuring the movie's laid-back sea turtle, who interacts with guests in real-time, unscripted conversations; Bruce's Shark World, an interactive area with colorful graphics and fun facts about sharks; and live marine life in both the large aquarium and specialized exhibits.
    23 November 2005: Living Seas reopens
    The Living Sea reopened this morning at 9am. Beside the relocation of the entrance whilst the main entry is still under rehab, the other major change is that the inside has been totally refurbished and repainted. Everything inside the main areas remain as it was prior to the rehab, and the color scheme remains the same.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-10-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

As shown above, The Seas with Nemo & Friends is the current working title for the new Nemo-based attraction. Reportebly, some of the wet-for-dry effects scenes for the ride are to be the same as those at both Walt Disney Studio's Paris' Turtle Twister and Disneyland's Finding Nemo Subs. All eyes will be on EPCOT's attraction, however, as it will be the testing grounds - the first ride to open that showcases the scenes and utilizes the groundbreaking technology.

Folks from around the globe will be packing in late this fall (likely in November) for a ride/show that is sure to bedazzle the socks off of most everyone. The extensive theming requires more room than the former SeaCabs ride. Seabase Alpha will be replaced, while the pre-show will be removed as well. New vehicles will replace the SeaCabs. As indicated above, the path for the track will be extended - and it should be reversed as well. The attraction we have come to know as The Living Seas will die off this year.

Fret not! It shall be replaced by an adventure that is far more stirring, immersive, and condusive to learning about the divesity of living creatures on our planet.

Some of you may recall reading about John Lasseter recently adding a significantly larger budget for the building of Disneyland's Finding Nemo Subs. Well, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if ha generates additional funding for the Nemo Seas ride.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-10-2006 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    i think that the nemo ride in epcot is going to be our version the the submarine ride in disneyland. not exactly the same, just similar. and the kids are going to enjoy it and learn about the ocean and fish at the same time.
    I guess it would be another poor-man's version. Why? First, the duration of the ride in Epcot is about 3 mins and its around 11 mins in Disneyland. Second I heard orginally they plan to spend 70 million dollars on the submarine ride which John Lessetar thought it could be better and I read somewhere another 20 millions was added into the budget which make it an almost 100 millions mega attraction that is most likely be an E-ticket. On the other hand, I see no chance seacab ride in Epcot would be considered an E-ticket. Don't get me wrong I still think it will be good but I just don't see there is competition there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Some of you may recall reading about John Lasseter recently adding a significantly larger budget for the building of Disneyland's Finding Nemo Subs. Well, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if ha generates additional funding for the Nemo Seas ride.
    If Al Lutz's latest article is correct, John put all his focus on the ride at Disneyland. So I don't think the addtional funding will also be added for the Nemo Seas Ride. Another reason is becasue the one in Epcot has simply no space to put on more show scenes while DL has plenty of time and space for the ride. The different scenes between DL's and Epcot's would be the part that John is currently working on.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by simla999
    If Al Lutz's latest article is correct, John put all his focus on the ride at Disneyland. So I don't think the addtional funding will also be added for the Nemo Seas Ride. Another reason is becasue the one in Epcot has simply no space to put on more show scenes while DL has plenty of time and space for the ride. The different scenes between DL's and Epcot's would be the part that John is currently working on.
    Well, they are sertainly cramped for space at WDW''s Nemo Seas. I'll grant you that, simla. Still, I'd like to think that their maight be some kind of technological upgrade. Seeing how things work in Florida could save the company time and trouble in Anaheim. You are likely on target with respect to your assertion that in-between scenes are probably being developed now. The Nemo Subs should be the biggest Nemo ride/show of them all, by far!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12